“Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Godwin Ave, West Ridgewood Ave
Transit: We are located across the street from Ridgewood train station serviced by NJ Transit and Metro North, with the additional of bus 164, 165 & 175 stop right at our doorsteps.
Description: Marcello's offers seasonal Northern Italian Cuisine. Executive Chef Paul Joseph creates simple and classic Italian dishes presented with an innovative and modern twist. The dramatic interior is an original and unique old world setting. You will experience the pleasures of Italian cooking in a welcoming, romantic and modern restaurant.
New Jersey
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Our once every few months with the gals dinner, happened here. We had a fabulous dinner! From the time we entered the restaurant until we closed the restaurant, it was fantastic. The staff was very attentive. My wine glass was never empty ;) I usually order from the specials offered. I had a spectacular crabmeat and fresh mozarella over arugela appetizer and the black linguini w/ shrimp & scallops entree for dinner (YUM!). And lets not forget dessert......NAPOLEON......OMG!! I never should've had it! It was the best I have had in a VERY long time. Location is not the greatest but the food is fantastic!

Visited August 2012

Chandler, Arizona
“Excellent food, good service, decor is a bit overdone”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We were a party of seven and got knowledgeable and attentive service from our waiter (yes, his english was adequate, but limited). The bread, served w/olive oil was nice and crusty. The seafood appetizer (mixed fried shrimp/calamari) was well prepared,served family style and was ample for all of us. The menu was quite small, but I had veal scallopini (not on the menu) and my wife had the mixed seafood. Apparently, the veal is available on request and was very good. Everyone was satisfied as to portion size. As this was a 91st. birthday celebration, we supplied our own wine, so I can't comment on that area.
The interior is done in what I imagine is supposed to be ducal palazzo revival. If you don't like this rather heavy handed style, dine elsewhere, street parking was o.k. despite the rain.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hackensack, New Jersey
“Let Me Tell You...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

There are many restaurants in Ridgewood - I suggest that you try any other restaurant than Marcello's. The location stinks, parking is not readily available, the food is tasteless and overpriced. The menu is extremely limited with 2 choices for chicken, 2 for fish, 2 for veal and 5 for pasta. Did have some specials as we did not order from that selection. When you first walk in, you think that your meal will be as good as the decor is............think again!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Food not great for the price. No one speaks well english have repeat ourselve Space very tight.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Seems as though the people that work there are are not citizens and are not able to be friendly and interact with their clients. An inspection should be required adn I'm sure these hard working people are underpayed. What a shame us Americasn could do to people in need to work for their families and them Jselves to live. I just hope the high tip I left the onetime never ever went to these young men. J. ANDERSON

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“A nice small place with great food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

The food and service are excellent but if you are using any dining coupon promotions where the tip is calculated as a percent of the bell (before the discount is applied) be sure to check the calculation of the tip. It is significantly above the advertised percentage.

• Visited April 2012