“Enjoyable 85th Birthday dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Hillsdale, New Jersey
“Enjoyable 85th Birthday dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Reservation was for 4:30 and the group was large - 10 people. Our table was ready and waiting. There was another large party - looked to be about 30 people in the room next to us. In addition, there were tables of two and four that were seated during our visit. The entire restaurant is small - and the angles help to make you feel that you are very private. There is a price fix or al la carte menu, and your group doesn't have to all order from the same menu! You can even switch out the entre on the price fix for one on the regular menu for up to an additional charge of $9. About half of our group switched out - and most charges were $5 or $6. I had switched for the duck entree, which was worth it! My husband and nephew switched for the Short Rib special which was excellent. Even with most of the tables filled, and the two large groups, the courses were served right on time, water glasses were filled almost as soon as they were emptied, dirty plates removed promptly. The chef came out and visited each table - not just a short hello, but spent around 3 to 5 minutes per table. He told us that everyone is trained to do everything, so that the work that needs to be done can be done at the right time. I should mention that when you switch out the entree on the price fix, you get the full size meal from the al la carte menu - I ate half and took the other half home. It is a BYOB which is another grate advantage. We would definately come back, just the two of us.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Very Romantic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is a very nice place for a romantic experience. The space is a little cramped but the food is very good. They accept BYOB and you can have a great pairing. A little on the pricey site but worth every dollar.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ridgewood, New Jersey
“Great atmosphere Small cramped space good food good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We went to Latour with another couple and had a nice but cramped experience. The beauty of the place made the dinner. I enjoyed the food but as most french places do, there was not much on the plate. I had a Beef Wellington which was good but there was not much else on the plate. I left hungry. The space was so cramped which is typical French and I tried to look at the bright side of it but that made it very hard. The waiters kept bumping into my chair. I would go back but would ask to sit along the wall. I think this is the prettiest restaurant in Ridgewood and would recommend it for that reason. It is a very upscale atmosphere and the prices are about right for that kind of place. The location is wonderful but there are other restaurants within walking distance I would choose over this one if your talking overall experience. Maybe I'm just not a lover of French restaurants and like more than a few of bites.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mahwah, New Jersey
“Great Food and Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via Local Picks

Everything is perfect here. My favorite restaurant in Northern NJ.
Michael Latour does an excellent job!!

“Finest French food in Northen NJ.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Finest French food in Northern NJ. Wonderful spot for a special occasion or a great meal. The menu varies, it is bring your own so if you are a collector or looking for a wonderful pairing you can make it happen. Not inexpensive.

Visited February 2012