“Very cool” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 100 Restaurants in Ridgewood
Brisbane, Australia
“Very cool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

We see Buddy on TV from Australia and came to the USA to visit family in NJ we've been twice! The brownies and cup cakes are very good it's a nice store. Buddy's cakes line the store walls it truly is amazing! The one thing that would be good was if Buddy was there more often but I under stand he's a busy man so not everything can happen!

Visited January 2014

West Milford, New Jersey
“Better than I expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My son wanted a chocolate mousse cake from Carlo's Bakery. I ordered it from their store in Ridgewood NJ. The cake was decadent and delicious. It was on the small side 7" round cake but truth be told it was more than enough for 12 people. I also purchased a sampling of their pastries for the dessert table at the birthday celebration. They were excellent. The staff was helpful, there was no line and I came away with some fantastic desserts. I had worried that there would be a long line and that the product would be diminished because of the fame and popularity of the store. To the contrary, it was absolutely top shelf. Can't wait to go back to get some goodies for the Christmas holiday.
I absolutely recommend this bakery

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Norway
“Best red velvet cupcake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

One thing I would love to do this time in the USA was to visit one of the "Cake Boss´s" Bakery and the one in Ridgewood was close to where we stayed in NJ, so there we went. I asked if I could take some pics while we was there and that was no problem, they where trilled that I asked for permission to do that, so please, behave and ask if you can take pics before you start to go mad with your camera, that is the polite thing to do :-) I loved this place, we visited early so it wasn´t crowded and first time I tasted a red velvet cake...yummi & wow,this was a good one I say. Apart from that the pics I´ve uploaded speeks for themselves what a treat this visit was.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Happy Birthday to me?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I decided to get my boyfriend's birthday cake from here, specially made. I went there to go over what I wanted on the cake and what kind of cake I would like it to be. The staff was very friendly and drew up exactly what I had in my head. I was nervous to pick it up to see how they transformed the design into the real thing. I couldn't be happier! It surpassed all expectations! Definitely coming back here for many more cakes!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glen Rock, New Jersey
“Stale and no taste”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Maybe there are people who think these baked goods are fantastic, but we tried it over the summer when my nieces were in town. We spent more than $30.00 and purchased a variety of cookies, cupcakes, pastries, etc. Nothing had any flavor, some were stale and as a baker, I was completely unimpressed.

Visited October 2013