“Horrible Service!” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Due is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 100 Restaurants in Ridgewood
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Tue - Thu: 11:30 am - 2:30 pm, 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm Fri - Sat: 11:30 am - 2:30 pm, 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm Sun: 4:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Ho Ho Kus, New Jersey
“Horrible Service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

How hard is it to get an order correct? Seriously if you think you are so skilled that you do not need to write down the items ordered and then you mess it up, that is just unacceptable! Please why do chef /owners forget that half the dining experience is how you serve your patrons. Sit down in your own restaurant and ask your waiters/waitresses to serve you! Eye contact,body language and knowing how to serve correctly is an art that needs to be TAUGHT ...it is not something that comes naturally!
After my dish was messed up it sat in front of me for over 5 minutes..One would think it would of been picked up immediately after I stated it was incorrect. Then I was told there would be no charge for the dinner after waiting at least 25 minutes for the food. Needless to say my husband had finished his dinner as I was still waiting for mine.
Food was not bad but it really is hard to get past the employees and their issues. Our bill arrived and my dinner was not comped so we had to mention to the waiter again of the mistake.
Chris you had better get in front of your restaurant and do some managing while you still have any patrons left!

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chris T, Owner at Due, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Hello. We are disappointed that you were not happy with your experience. As the owner, I personally looked into this situation with the staff. Initially the server had explained the difference between the two veal dishes and you ordered one of them, which in your opinion, was the wrong one and you requested the other. The minute we picked up on the problem the kitchen rushed out the other meal, and we even went on to comp the dinner for you, even though you ended up enjoying it. We took responsibility for the server making a mistake, and we attempted all we could to correct it as quickly as possible and we also paid for our mistake. I do apologize to and really hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we will be sure to ensure this does not happen in the future. Best, Chris Tarta (Owner)

Montvale, New Jersey
“It was good.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I am a huge fan of Chris Tarta, been going to Bella Campania in Hillsdale for many many years. While the food was good at Due, it does not compare to Bella. The service was very good, however, there were specials told to other diners and not to us. But that was AFTER we had already eaten. I was really disappointed about that because there was something I would have chose instead. We sat outside and that's always enjoyable especially on a cool night, however, we had no lighting on the table and it got very dark out there, difficult to see the check, there were candles on other tables. I may or may not go again to Due and I understand it's only been open for a few months.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chris T, Owner at Due, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Hello! First off, thank you for your wonderful feedback and your business at Bella Campania! We are happy to see that you gave Due a try, but we are disappointed that you were not impressed with your experience. We apologize for the mistake with the candles and the specials that were announced after you had eaten. We will speak with the staff to ensure that each guest is given the specials for the night and a candle on the outdoor dining tables to avoid these situations in the future. We encourage you to return at some point and give us another try. We have only been open for a few months, but even as we are trying to iron out some of the kinks, no excuses, we want to impress each guest that we have here. Thank you again for making us aware of the mistakes you encountered, as this provides us with areas to improve upon and avoid making these mistakes again. Best, Chris Tarta (Owner)
Wayne, New Jersey
“Due in Ridgewood, N.J. again...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I can't rave enough about Due in Ridgewood, N.J.! From the antipasti to desert everything is delicious! Chris Tarta owner & executive chef is a GENIUS! We shared the Calamari fritti balsomico: the calamari was very tender. Then the fichi grigliati: (wood-fired figs) it brought me back to my childhood when both of my grandmothers cooked figs many different ways. Both were exceptional! Everyone had a different main course. I had the grilled fish special, delicious! Always save room for desert, many are made by Chris. I usually don't eat this much but when I am at Due everything sounds and looks so good I want to taste it all. The atmosphere, service and the food are the best! Manga!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chris T, Owner at Due, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
We love to see your enthusiasm as a guest here at DUE! We appreciate all of your support for our delicious meals and desserts. Many people enjoy the Calamari Fritti Balsomico before their meals and love to stay for dessert as we enjoy finishing your evening out with something sweet and delicious! We look forward to seeing you again soon and we appreciate the time you took to leave us a review. Have a wonderful weekend! Best, Chris Tarta (Owner)
Wayne, New Jersey
“never again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Where do I start.....When we first walked in there was some funky smell, not over powering but I smelled it. Like the places was washed down with an old damp cloth. But I figured that might be from the humidity that day. There was four of us at dinner. We had ordered some appetizers and out of the four appetizers we had to send back 3. The grilled octopus was burnt, literally black. They did replace our octopus but my husband, who loves octopus, said it was not good all around. My salad had so much dressing on it, it was inedible. Dinner was not that bad overall. Nothing special. Dessert Not that great either. The worst part was we got our tea and coffee 20 minutes after our desserts came out.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chris T, Owner at Due, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Hello. We apologize for the disappointing experience that you had. We would like to opportunity to make it up to you in the near future. We have had a few staff changes in the last two weeks and we are very confident moving forward with our service and our food! We can assure you that you will enjoy your meal if you stop in again and we hope you do. Best, Chris Tarta (Owner)
Paramus, New Jersey
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Visited a couple of times.
We liked the outdoor, but inside we found the restaurant to be grey and loud, totally uninviting.
Food was on the heavy side and unmemorable. We tried several things : risotto, which had a green, unappealing color and was overcooked and swimming in butter, gnocchi : after two-three bites we did not feel like eating anymore, the Bolognese dish was unbalanced, too soupy, with just a little bit of pasta and a lot of pink sauce. Vitello capriccioso was OK, a lighter choice.
Also, it is quite expensive: $ 20 for a small portion of pasta at lunch time?
The waitress was trying to be friendly, I guess, but she was loud, annoying and intrusive, asking too many personal questions.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chris T, Owner at Due, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Hi Camy! We are disappointed that you have visited a few times and have not enjoyed. We are working on the sounds currently as we are installing acoustic baffling tiles to make the restaurant a lot quieter and more relaxing. We apologize for the waitress but we enjoy being friendly with our guests and attentive as well. We have had some staff changes in the past two weeks so we are very confident moving forward with our service and food. We encourage you to give us another shot because we can assure you that you will enjoy! Best, Chris Tarta (Owner)