“Worth the trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 102 Restaurants in Ridgewood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Previously a Thai restaurant...has been opened about 3 weeks...EXCELLENT FOOD and SERVICE
Hackensack, New Jersey
“Worth the trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Café-37 is a nice new restaurant among many found in Ridgewood, NJ. The décor is tastefully done in a relaxing environment. The service is very knowledgeable regarding their menu, friendly and helpful. The food although a little pricey was well worth it as the portions were surprisingly larger than expected and everything was cooked perfectly and delicious. I would highly recommend this place and definitely would go again.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Midland Park, New Jersey
“Nice meal, quiet atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Nice space for this restaurant. The tables were spaced well and it felt quiet for a group of 6 for talking and catching up. The appetizers - soft shell crab was "good" as per husband and the duck pot pie was fabulous (needs to be an entree) with salad, which was a tad over-dressed. Onto entrees - lamb was excellent, as well seafood special! Sorry, too full for dessert!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Armonk, New York
“Won't be going back to Cafe 37!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

My husband and I visited when they first opened and thought it was pretty good. Since we enjoy a variety we hadn't been back in a while until last month. Mt husband ordered the Ahi Tuna and thought it wasn't as fresh as it could be but it was edible. To my regret I ordered the Seafood Pot and was sick for days later. I was rather hungry when I began eating so I didn't pay much attention but after several bites I realized something in the dish was foul smelling. I won't be going back even though they have some fabulous desserts.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ridgewood, NJ
“Average dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I went to Cafe 37 wanting to love it. I just don't feel it lived up to its reputation. The appetizers were good, but I wasn't blown away. The seafood bowl dinner was very small and not very impressive. My filet was prepared really well, but the wine reduction sauce tasted like brown gravy.
Desserts were excellent. We shared the bread pudding and the cream brulee This restaurant did not have the "wow" factor.
I think the waitstaff was excellent. Very attentive and very pleasant.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hackensack, New Jersey
“So So Neuvelle Cusine”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We went to celebrate a friend's birthday. The place is small and very noisy. Waiters are semi-skilled. The portions are small - 3 scallops for a main course???? My filet mignon was over cooked even though I asked for medium-rear. When pointing it out to the waiter, he apologized profusely, however never offered to take it back and replace it. So, I asked the manage to charge me only for half of the meal, which they did.
So, if you are in the neighborhood, and want to see nicely prepared food, stop by. Make sure you ask for extra bread, otherwise you will leave hungry.
Something more positive about the place - it is BYOB.

• Visited February 2014