“Good spot following a business day” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Park West Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 100 Restaurants in Ridgewood
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ridgewood Ave
Transit: Block from the Ridgewood Train Station
Description: Zip: 07450, phone 201-445-5400. From their website, it looks like they are owned by the same people who own The Park Steakhouse in Park Ridge, NJ, which you already have listed. Park West Tavern has been in existence for about 8 or 9 months (according to our server), so it may be about time to include it!
The Woodlands, Texas
“Good spot following a business day”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My colleague and I ate here on a Tuesday night. Parking was a bit difficult but found a metered lot about a block away that served us well. When seated there was bread already on the table that we weren't sure how long it was there or who it was for so asked for fresh bread. Who knows, we maybe got the same dried bread just a different plate, it wasn't to die for quality. My colleague had martinis that she thought were good and I tried their Purple Cowboy Wine. I had never heard of this but the waiter offered a sampling and it satisfied my taste of which I was not disappointed. We both had the crab cake sandwich and I would not do that again. It was a soft shell crab but a bit too much shell for my pleasure. I was expecting something more along the lines of a crab cake. Likely my error in ordering that entree, I should have researched better. We finished off the meal with sugared donut holes that had two sauces to dip into, one strawberry and one green apple. I must say that was an amazing taste! Although I try to avoid sugar overload, this was really good. Our waiter was attentive. We were seated with one seated on a bench and the other a chair across the table. Next to us was another twosome of men. The close proximity of diners adds to each other hearing the others conversation. If you want a private conversation I would not recommend dining here. It's more casual and laid back. The restaurant served us well for what we wanted that evening.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

New Jersey
“Pub in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This place gets loud on the weekends after 6pm, but all other nights or during the afternoon, the acoustics are much better. They have a huge bar and great bartenders. The food always hits the spot. It is a little pricy, but the meals are always quality and tasty. The lobster sandwich is always a home run and in the summer their "Palmer" drink is a must. Great place to meet up with friends or go on date night.

Visited February 2013
“Great Food !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Went there for lunch on a whim because the place we were going was closed on mondays. Im glad they were because this place was a hit. I ordered the skirt steak sandwich and my wife had a chicken pot pie and both were over the top . Make it a must when you are in Ridgewood.

Visited March 2013
Hillsdale, New Jersey
“Stay away from their "Irish Specials"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

OK, the lobster sliders were amazing. Shephards pie and short ribs - excellent. But the corned beef and cabbage with the most tasteless potatoes....wow. didn't see that coming. the cabbage definately was not cooked with the corned beef. It, too, was tasteless and hard. glad I ordered some vinegar on the side. Desserts were ok. Service was great. Just need to stick with what they do best.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York, Ny
“NO”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Started out great but then went downhill fast. Food is uneven at best. Service has been downright awful at times. Bartenders are nice and do a good job. Other than that, the owners should really be paying more attention to this place, especially given the prices.

Visited September 2012