“good middle eastern food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
“good middle eastern food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I've been to the Middle East, and while the hummus here is not my favorite, I find the rest of the food delicious. As a frequent restaurant visitor, I know the specials are the best choices at most restaurants. The specials here do not disappoint. Wait staff are friendly and attentive, offering good advice. You won't got wrong if you visit Lisa's.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ridgewood, New Jersey
“Wasn't as impressed this time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Went there on a Saturday night in February at 6:45pm and it was fairly empty. Even later it did not fill up. Not sure if it was because of the Olympics, or if business has fallen off. I liked what I ordered but did not love it. Started with a Lisa’s Salad and an appetizer of shrimp and mushrooms. The shrimp were on the small side but the dish was pretty tasty, and not too filling. I had the Begendi for my entrée and there was not a ton of lamb in it; the base of eggplant puree was filling. Overall a good solid meal, but nothing to rave about. I think when I went here previously I was more impressed, like 4 on a scale of 1 to 5. Maybe that was for lamb chops and salmon. This night was more like a 3. This place is clearly eclipsed by all of the new restaurants in town which are top notch, like Café 37, Cravings, Memoire and Ridgewood Fare.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
montclair, nj
“Above average Turkish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Turkish restaurants are everywhere lately and some are disappointing in the uneven quality of the cooking. This is not one of those; our party of four sampled a good variety of dishes and all were satisfying and well prepared. Service was cordial and very helpful and the smallish rooms are warmed by lots of fabric and color. Bring your own alcoholic beverages.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ridgewood, New Jersey
“Good experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Food is great and service is awesome :). If you ever want a change from the regular food, try the fish. The salads are great too especially the one with baked aubergines. Must try.

NJ
“Perfect evening with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We have eaten at Lisa's many time, dating back to their earlier location in Ridgewood and always find the quality & taste of their food just superb.
This last visit was a month ago when we entertained a dozen friends there. The ambiance was good and the service most attentive.
The food was excellent. We had platters of assorted cold appetizers which were delicious when scooped up with pita bread. Sheppard salad was tasty & healthy.
For entrees, there were platters of mixed grill plus lamb chops. Every single one of the meats was superb. Perhaps I would have preferred my doner kebab to less thin and more juicy. But every guest loved everything about the food.
We did not try it this time but their baklava is a very good choice for dessert.
All in all, we were completely satisfied with our dinner and all of our guests raved about the food.
In my opinion, Lisa's Turkish Kitchen is among the best Mediterranean restaurants in NJ.

• Visited October 2013