“Terrible customer service - Don't try using a Living Social deal” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Paramus, New Jersey
“Terrible customer service - Don't try using a Living Social deal”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Expect the waiter to treat you poorly when he finds out you're using a Living Social deal / Groupon. If you got the deal as a gift or you don't have a smart phone, don't even try using it because he won't accept it if he can't validate it on your phone BEFORE you order. He is extremely rude and will ask if you're trying to "cause problems" or "be tough" if you try to argue about using your LS deal. He will also tell you you're standing in the wrong place while waiting for your table and chastise you for asking for bread. Don't waste your money or your Friday night by going here!

• Visited February 2014

New Jersey
“Won't go back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

My wife bought a groupon for 2 people and we went with my daughter making 3.

We arrived on a Thursday and were shown to a table in the window. Fine, although plastic tablecloths are a bit tacky.

We sat and the waiter (owner) came over. My wife gave him the groupon and he said, "you have to make a reservation to use this." The place were not full so I said if he gave me his number I could call it and make a reservation. He was ok and friendly after that, although the initial contact didn't exactly make us welcome.

The food. Good quantities but the quality was lacking. The chicken dishes we had were ok but swamped with a thick gravy of dubious beginnings.

Won't be going back!,

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Saddle Brook, New Jersey
“Used Living Social deal. Was not a good deal.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I recently visited this restaurant with the living social deal we purchased. It was SUPPOSED to be $35 for $70 worth of food, it was not worth it. It was suppose to come with 1 appetizer at $10, two salads at $18 and to entrees up to $42. What ticked me off was on the regular menu salads come with the meals...they weren't extra to begin with so you're not getting $18 worth of salads. Then on top of it the waiter acted as if it was an extra (even though the menu stated otherwise) plus they were extremely small salads, not worth $9 each by any means. Where was the $70 worth of food? Service was terrible. There was one waiter and even though it's a very small place we waited about 20 minutes just to put in our order. We had calamari as an appetizer and it was extremely bland and taste less. Entrees were just ok, nothing great. My husband ordered a chicken dish which had no sides at all, just two pieces of chicken on a plate..Worst deal ever, turned me off from buying groupon and living social deals for restaurants.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ridgewood, New Jersey
“ugh ......”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Although this USED to be a neighborhood place that I loved to visit, a recent dinner experience totally turned me off.
A friend and I went to dinner on a December Monday with a Groupon that her daughter had given her. The Groupon menu was a set one, and one that if we had come in off the street probably would have cost us about $50 for dinner. So the Groupon was no deal. Do not understand why he always runs Groupons.
Also, the owner, who tends to be VERY "handsy" with the ladies, was even more so that night. We were so uncomfortable with his attentions, that we have decided never to return.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington Township, New Jersey
“Horrible experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Food was awful and service was even worse. I live in the area and figured I would give it shot. The waiter had an attitude as soon as he realized I was using a groupon. If you don't like groupon, don't take them. We will never go back and will def not recommend to any our friends.

• Visited December 2013