“Hit & Miss” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Moroccan, Spanish, Tapas
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Hit & Miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Ate there twice. The restaurant seems to aim for high end with their location and especially the prices, but it does not deliver. Some food was good (soup and desert were great!) and some was just not (the fish did not taste right). The teenager waitresses were nice, but the service was just OK. I like going out to Ridgewood, but will try something else next time.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“our favorite restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We come here periodically when we want good food in an intimate atmosphere. Michael, the owner, is quite passionate about his restaurant: the physical space, the food and the service. My wife (a serious foodie) and I both think that the food is reliably excellent.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Visited 8/3/13 Very Good Food and Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We drove from NY just to have dinner in Ridgewood and found this little gem. Although we had a late reservation (10pm) everyone was extremely kind to us. We ordered off of the Tapas menu, we had the octopus, mediterranean cigars (phyllo with feta inside) and mussels, among other things. Everything was excellent and considering that my husband and I are two Greek foodies that's saying a lot!!! The octopus, I'd like to point out, was cooked perfectly (which is hard to do!) Our server was extremely good to us (as was all of the staff to be honest.) Another sweet couple that was leaving gave us the rest of their bottle of wine, I thanked them but if by any chance they see this on tripadvisor, my husband and I would like to thank you again for your extremely sweet gesture! The wine was delicious and went perfectly with our meal. I would recommend this wonderful place to anyone!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Well presented mediterranean food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We went to this restaurant twice and ate outdoors. The first night both of us had the branzino filet, which was presented beautifully with some asperges on top. I found it a bit salty and even though it appeared to be adequately prepared, it was disappointing. My friend was not enthusiastic either. We shared tartuffo (ice cream wrapped in chocolate) for desert and it was delicious. On our 2nd visit, I had chicken wrapped in phyllo dough, which was also presented nicely. Even though I asked that the harrissa be served on the side, it was drizzled all over. The harrissa was removed on my request, but it took a while before the dish came back. It was tasty, but it seemed a bit spicy for a dish that was not supposed to be spicy. My friend was satisfied with her lamb. The service was attentive and the setting was very pleasant. The restaurant lacks a liquor license, but they will allow you to bring your own.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
hohokus nj
“Saturday night for two”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great meal and atmosphere as always.
Michael and Marilena are always gracious hosts.
Feels like you are dining in their home.

• Visited May 2013