“Hamptonality to be desired ” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points!
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ridgefield Park
New York City, New York
“Hamptonality to be desired ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I've been using Hampton for over 2 years and this is the first time I've had for service that was not good. The evening and the check in went smoothly that was fine my compliments to Nick and thank you for the cookies he was cordial friendly and truthful offered shopping advice etc.
The room was fine except the bed was uncomfortable and hard atv5am fire alarm started blaring no one from the hotel attended to any guests no announcements, the fire department came we were outside still no one from the hotel came out to say anything when the fire department came and said you could go back inside still no one from the hotel from the hotel came they was a person that was inside the lobby just stood there and said sorry. It was very hard to go back to sleep by the time I got back to sleep I was almost late for checkout I kept being interrupted from 9 a.m. by house keeping, when I call the front desk asking for an extension the person was a bit resistant to my surprise. I don't understand being resistant the fact of the matter is that should have been some sort of compliments to being woken up by a blaring alarm and not to mention not having an explanation from staff . This is not been a great experience.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Agnes Y, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thanks for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the disturbances you experienced during your time with us. We've addressed our team in regards to your review and the necessary actions will be taken. Again, we are very sorry for the issues and we hope to have another chance to serve you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I had not stayed at this hotel in over two years and was pleasantly surprised to find that the entire lobby area has been renovated. The kitchen area is expanded and it is more airy and spacious. They always have a great breakfast and I enjoyed the new atmosphere. The staff were always helpful as usual. The room is well appointed and it is nice to get complimentary internet service. The only issue is that the entrance and exit to the parking lot are very difficult to navigate at the hotel sits at the merge of the exit ramp from the turnpike and Route 46. BE CAREFUL!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Agnes Y, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
We really appreciate you reviewing our hotel. Our team always enjoys hearing from another happy guest. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel and commented about the wonderful aspects of our new renovated guest rooms and new lobby/breakfast area. Please see us again when you are back in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I am too busy a person to bothering writing a review, but, this time, I think these guys (Hampton Inn) deserve my time and effort. My first experience of Hampton was in Buffalo, NY a few years ago. It was a day trip with my family, and didn't want to spend too much on hotel, so picked one of the less expensive hotels around the shopping center, and that was Hampton Inn. As I was checking out, I thought they were pretty good. I think I have been to Hampton Inn's here and there a few more times, and I always had a wonderful time. Today, I am staying at Hampton Inn, New Jersy (Ridgefield Park), and I must say that I am impressed. There is everything here. Check in was simple, although I didn't have a reservation (took me 5 min). When I stepped into the hotel room, the furniture and the atmosphere was that of a 5 star hotel, while I also found convenience features that you would see at a motel: fridge, microwave, .... Receptacles are everywhere on every side of the wall, and the bathroom is super clean and organized. Beds are firm and linens clean. Washer and Dryer across the hallway... TV is at least 50cm away from the wall, so I had an easy access to the auxillary inputs, and I was able to connect Wii machine for my son (big smile on his face). I mean, what else can you ask for from a hotel that charges you less than $150? Oh, don't forget, they do offer complimentary breakfast. That means a free meal for 4 of us. I mean, .... what else can you ask for? I think I am convinced that I will look for Hampton Inn wherever I go. I know my review sounds like one that is written by a staff, but I am not. I am just a tourist from Canada, spending my few days in NJ with my family. Hope this helps.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a fantastic review in TripAdvisor of our Hotel so all our potential guests know we are a great choice in the Ridgefield Park area. We really appreciate you staying with us and are very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay. . Please stay with us again when you are back in the area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Great hotel at great price and great staff. It is a new hotel and still clean. You can hear everything from hallway so don't be loud. Very dangerous when entering and existing from hotel as this hotel is located at the exit of major highway. Plenty of free parking. Definitely no tress passers!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Montvale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I like this hotel with services included like internet and swimming pool. The only problrm is in its location is not easy and there is no bus stop near to it or other services like supermarket you can reach by walk. I like the breakfast every day there is a change

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Ridgefield Park
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Good rooms and breakfast, If do not have a car is far away to Metro , bus or Manhattan. Transort very expensive. Poor guide or support from personal of Hotel.------------------------------------------

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Raynham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Went to visit in N.J. found this Hampton Inn ,in the area....It was very convenient, for us .

Staff was very accommodating. We did not book at same time, so we were not on same floor. We asked if we could be ,they changed rooms, to 3 rooms together. Very nice about doing that..

Had to be one of the cleanest Hampton Inn, it was spotless, lobby ,rooms and Dining area...

Have stayed at Hampton Inn ,in the past, but this was the nicest...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park? Share your experiences!