“Terrific Dinner!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
MK Valencia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Park St.
bergenfield, nj
“Terrific Dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

My husband and I happened upon this restaurant while looking for some place new and exciting for dinner in Bergen County. The reviews on both TA and Yelp looked positive, for the most part, so we decided to give it a try last night. We were greeted right away and warmly by the host, who sat us at a window table. The decor is quite modern, with a very club-like atmosphere. It being a Thursday night, there were not many folks in the dining room, and as such it was not too loud, so we had an easy time communicating. Our waiter arrived promptly and carefuly went over the specials, which sounded intriguing, but so did the regular menu items. We decided to split the roasted beet salad with goat cheese and toasted pecans, which was divided nicely in the kitchen for us, and was just delightful as a starter. The beets were bite size, roasted gently, the pecans were toasted with care, not burned as so many can be, and the dressing was light, yet full flavored. A great introduction to the meal. I chose the roasted salmon for my entree, and he picked the whole wheat pappardelle, with the the sauce that was for their orrechiette dish, which had sausage, broccoli rabe, and plenty of garlic. My salmon was simply delicious, with perfectly sauteed mushrooms, crispy fried carrot crisps on top. He enjoyed his pasta, as well, and I thought the sauce was well balanced, and, once again, generous on the garlic, which we both love. His only quibble was that it would have been nice if they had a couple of whole weat pasta options, as pappardelle can be quite gummy, and tends to clump together. Other than that, the meal was exceptionally good, and fairly priced for what you got. Our waiter, as well as the other servers and staff, were most polite and cheerful, always a plus. These days, we admire service almost as much as we cherish good food, and MK Valencia proved that they are skilled at providing both. We will return.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ridgefield Park, New Jersey
“Up and Coming Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This place in only 2 blocks from home. I love the decor and the staff is friendly and overall several is great.
I have been to MK for brunch, lunch, dinner and drinks and I have no complaints the food is good.
But I agree with another reviewer every time I go or pass by the place is empty. Ridgefield Park is a very quiet town and really doesn't have a nightlife so I I assuming thats why MK is not busy. I hope it picks up so I have a place to go and hang out near home.

I would recommend this place.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
bergen county NJ
“Great Sunday brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Food is delicious. It is a little pricey but very tasty. You don't need a reservation to sit on the bar side but you do need one for the restaurant side.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Clifton, New Jersey
“Something is off”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

After calling many restaurants for a last minute early Saturday dinner and being told the earliest they had was around 9 pm, I went on opentable and saw this was had a table. It looked nice enough and not too far from home. We walked in about 7:15, the place was dead. The place is beautiful so we were confused as to why are they not busy on a Saturday evening . The waiter was very pleasant and beyond nice , drinks was decent, appetizer was good ( they had a tuna tartare on the menu but I wouldn't dare order raw fish in a place that is not busy ) but main course was a disaster . Steak tasted defrosted on the microwave and then grilled , pork chop had no flavor at all, pretty awful. I ate because I was starving . Again if it wasn't for the pleasant staff ,it would have been a bad night

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
“Large Group”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We had appetizers and drinks on Monday Night.for a group of 12. Our tab was $620 and we were pleased with the service.. The popular drink for the evening was Maple Bourbon which we had 16 and was enjoyed by all. I had the crab cake which was very good, My neighbor had the oysters and claims which was well presented...I will bring my wife for date night...

• Visited November 2013