“Great Location, Better Value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
I Love NYC Package
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Ridgefield Park
Logan, United States
“Great Location, Better Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Perfect Location for those coming in to the NYC... Better Value. The best place to stay without big city prices. Pay 1/4 the prices and you are 10 minutes away from everything in a beautiful, peaceful, and quiet area with nice clean rooms and a great staff... everything east is muggy, so you cannot get away from muggy hallways, but our room was nice and cool! Love it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Adam G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
It's good to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We work hard to ensure your experience is excellent. I appreciate the time you took to let others know about our facility. Please come back and see us again soon! Thank you!

259 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Turkish first
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Chose this hotel for a weekend in New York, It was a very clean and comfortable hotel, the Staff very welcoming and extremely easy commute to New York. A bus stopped just outside of the hotel and went straight into the city. We were on 33rd street in 20 miutes.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

In town for a family function, Daniella was an awesome waitress at Sunday brunch! Room was clean, maids promptly brought extra towels. Kids liked to towel "bunny" left to greet the, on the bed. Good stay! Would come again! Pool is small but clean. Convenient to highway.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stay in many Hilton properties and travel frequently. I have resolved myself to be as much motivated to give good reviews as bad in the future. This one, however, was motivated by the facility having some service award posted for 2013 and the bad service from staffers I received. I'm a long time HHonors member and though my status is lower due to less travel this year, I've been a guest at many Hilton properties over several years. As far as cleanliness and physical comfort, this one is up to Hilton standards.
The good -The management was excellent in providing damage control and assistance. The night clerk was friendly and helpful as well. Room was excellent.
I erased the long winded details I had here originally to be more succinct. Staffers apologized for errors three times in less than 15 minutes of arrival. I thought nothing of this at first. I am usually a smiling, friendly guy with everyone and understand errors can be made. However, the day staff here had smiles that faded to what could only be described as being PO'd before I even got out of their line of sight throughout my stay. I felt barely tolerated here. I witnessed similar treatment to others that had common traits as me. I will speak with the management directly, but I doubt anything can be done about the behavior here, since the management I saw shares these same traits and will be hamstrung to do anything about it.
I think I received an education in the ugly side of Diversity 101. Perhaps it is simply endemic in the culture of the USA to bash people like me now, but I'm very certain I won't be paying to put up with it in the future, regardless of the excellent facilities. I am not giving up on Hilton, but I will be more sensitive to any hint of this treatment and leave immediately in the future. I share my reviews internationally and external to any public website with over 50,000 business associates.

Room Tip: If you're what is considered a minority or foreigner, you'll probably find this a comfortabl...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Adam G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was uncomfortable, and you felt like you were treated poorly by the staff. I take every review seriously and would like to know more details about your experience, so as to retrain staff and to better the culture here. Please, when time permits, call me at 201-641-2024 so I may understand more, and remedy this situation. Thak you. -Adam
Swansea, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Comfortable and clean. Typical Garden Inn. Close to the highway but I did not notice any noise. A nice surprise was the nearby downtown area with a few local restaurants and things to do. Breakfast was decent and priced as most Garden Inns.

Room Tip: On end is nearer the highway than the other, but I did not notice any noise issues.
Ridgefield, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel is a great stay, they have friendly staff and have never had problems with them assisting me. The only thing with the location is that there is nothing near by, besides a movie theater. Nice stay for business trip.

Sicklerville, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here for one night with hubby and the kids. We wanted to be close to NYC without paying NYC prices. We did book the I Love NYC package, which included bus tickets, maps, and breakfast. The bus stop is right next to the hotel, so for those comfortable with public transportation and without toddlers to tow, it's convenient! We didn't use the bus tickets to go into the city but the drive in wasn't horrible. We just liked the convenience of having our vehicle and were lucky to find cheap parking. Breakfast was awesome. Staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. We were welcomed with bottled water and snacks, which came in handy with a cranky toddler in tow! Rooms were clean and spacious. Their on site restaurant had really good food as well. Not a lot of food choices in the area so this was pretty important. The only thing, try and request a room in the back of the hotel. In the front you will hear a lot of noise from highway. Definitely good value for your money, no disappointments here!

Room Tip: Back of the hotel for quieter rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park? Share your experiences!