“Impressed” 5 of 5 stars

I Love NYC Package
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ridgefield Park
“Impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on Tuesday the 16th of April and had a very nice stay. Dinner was well prepared and a very nice experience. I had a guacamole dip and pita chip appetizer that was delicious. Breakfast was equally as nice with a great omelet and very cheerful staff. The room was clean and comfortable with a great selection of channels. The hotel overall is very nice and well maintained. The staff was always smiling and happy to help. I would not hesitate to stay here again and with it being so close to NY and reasonably priced the way it is, it's a win-win for sure!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Worcester, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Staff extremely friendly and efficient. Rooms clean, comfortable and convenient. Easy access to the city. Lobby is lovely, bright and warm. Check-in and check out extremely convenient. Wonderful experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed here after WrestleMania with my son. Very good service both at check in / check out and breakfast. Hotel was very clean and breakfast buffet was very good. No problem parking and room was great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Very nice hotel with excellent bedding and towels which is the foundation of a heat hotel..We stayed here as part of a bus tour to New York so we had no idea about the place or the location...It was quite nice and very quiet...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I would have to agree with previous reviews that this HGI has great rooms but the restaurant experience leaves one unhappy. The breakfast crew was disinterested, never asked us if we wanted coffee (which makes my partner crazy), did not give us a table that was set or ask if we needed anything at all. I chose breakfast over extra HHonors points and was disappointed that I did so!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
mghayward, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback.
We have spent a good deal of time in our food and beverage area, specifically breakfast to improve the overall experience. Clearly more work needs to be done, and I assure it will be.
Although food can be subjective, service is not.
I will share your feedback with my team and use it as a tool to continue our improvement process.
Thank you again for sharing your feedback.
Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Clean, well maintained rooms; easy access from I95; decent restaurant & bar. Friendly staff.
Rather isolated location, but close to NYC. A bit noisy due to proximity to I95.Movie theater and county park within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel.
Although a 3 out 5 is "good", we strive to be better than just "good" or "ok." Feedback is a valuable tool for us to use in improving what we do and how we do it.
I hope that you should you return to stay with us again you will see a marked improvement in your experience.
Hartford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My room was on the second floor toward the back, away from the highway but right next to the outdoor HVAC machine. All through the second floor there was a hum from the air flow, and in my room it was loud and annoying enough to keep me up most of the night even with my room's fan on "high" to try and drown out the drone.

The whole stay started badly when the front desk person, dressed in a cheap hoodie with no Hilton ID to be seen, rushed through my check in and could've cared less that I was there; it was obvious that there was something more important going on in back.

Breakfast for $12 isn't worth it. Though the service was fine the buffet food was bad cafeteria grade at best.

I do appreciate the message in my room to let me know a package had arrived for me, and the housekeepping staff respected the "do not disturb" sign on the door in the morning.

Overall, not a great stay, and there are certainly enough other hotels in the area that are less expensive and higher quality.

Room Tip: If you go, try and get a room away from the highway and HVAC machine. This probably means even numb...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your stay with us.
Your experience is not typical of the high level of service and product that we pride ourselves on providing. We failed to meet your expectations and for that I do apologize.
I hope that should you return to our area again, you give us another opportunity to demonstrate that we ARE indeed up to Hilton standards.
Thank you again for your time and feedback.
Mark

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park? Share your experiences!