“Great Value all around. Solid location, service, cleanliness, size.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park

NYC Park, Ride and Cruise
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ridgefield Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
new york, ny
“Great Value all around. Solid location, service, cleanliness, size.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Having had some difficulty figuring out where to house a guest this week, I came across reviews for the Hilton. For approx $100 a night, the hotel delivered a very solid experience. The hotel feels new, and is maintained very cleanly. It's not luxurious, although the staff really tries to keep a cozy feel to the lobby bar/dining area.

Also a note that the staff here seems to be very attentive, friendly, and genuinely invested in providing a comfortable stay.

Pros:
- Clean, Large rooms
- Comfy beds
- Coin-operated Laundry
- Pantry
- In-room microwave
- Location relative to city is reasonable, and the price reflects this. Expect an hour commute to city, door to door, which is average for non-city hotels.

Cons:
- The hotel is built off the Turnpike and has no walkable areas for shops/coffee. Best for travelers with a car.
- slightly difficult to access

Good for:
Business travelers
Families
Couples
Solo

Overall, there are some shady places in the vicinity, but I would definitely suggest HGI in the future for out of towners.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from highway!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Hudson Valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

Stayed for a single night recently. There is only one way in and out of the area. The hotel is near the northbound NJ Turnpike, but was very quiet. There is nothing around the hotel except for some corporate businesses and a movie plex.

The hotel lobby was neat and clean, typical HGI. Front desk and check-in was fast and friendly. The room was very clean and comfortable. Flat screen TV, Nutrogena toiletries, microwave and mini-fridge. The king size bed was very comfortable.

I didn't use any of the facilities, so I can't comment on the business center, restaurant, etc....

I am definitely planning on staying here in the future.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
mghayward, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Great to her that you had such a good experience and that you will return and stay with us again in the future. One of the things that we pride ourselves on and focus on is "cleanliness and friendliness" so it's great to hear that you noticed both during your stay.
Looking forward to your next visit to Ridgefield Park NJ!
Thank you again for your commnets.
denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

The Hilton garden is the best place we found go stay to get to NYC conveniently while avoiding NYC prices. We are visiting Columbia University, and it's really close. I was worried it would be dingy or dirty. I am terrified of dirty hotels. It was perfect. The sheets and beds were totally fresh. The bathroom was spotless. The people there went out of their way to give good service. The hall carpets were a little dirty. The only bad thing besides that was that the scale in the fitness room said I gained a pound on my trip.

• Stayed June 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. I was pleased to see that we exceeded your expectations when it came to the cleanliness of the hotel, your feedback about the hallway carpets aside. A "spotless bathroom" and "fresh bedding" is our goal 100% of the time. With that said, your observation about the hallway carpets is valid and we are in the process of addressing that issue.
Thank you again for your great feedback and I hope that you will stay with us again.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Excellent staff, very accommodating. Good location, it was a walk across the parking lot to catch the bus into NYC. Housekeeping and food staff was also very friendly and made you feel real welcome at this hotel. Highly recommend it. It will be my hotel of choice whenever I visit NYC.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review! I'm so glad to see that you had such a great experience with us that you would stay with us again...that's great to hear too!
I hope that you do return to stay with us on the "Jersey side" again and enjoy another visit.
Thank you again for your feedback.
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Like the previous reviewers mentioned, this place is in close proximity to NYC. Right off the NJ Turnpike, it's hard to miss, and there is ample parking. The great thing is that it's relatively new and when you walk in, you can feel that the facilities are clean and the air is not stuffy.

The room we had was the King Revolution Room. The size was great and there was even a lovely armchair with ottoman. The desk space was great, and with free wi-fi and wired internet connection, the $97/night rate through hotels.com was a total steal. Add the fact that there is free parking, and you score an even better deal. The bed was very comfortable and I liked the fact that it wasn't sticky or it didn't make my skin itch. That's a true testament that the place is clean. The bathroom was a decent size, but I wish the sink was a bit bigger. The water pressure in the shower was nice, and the temperature wasn't too hot.

The only downside is that since the location of the hotel is near the Turnpike, you do pick up some traffic noise, but it isn't too bad. It's very slight.

Service was pretty good, though when I first got there, there was nobody at the front desk and when I checked in, I had to wait an additional 20 minutes before we got our keys. Other than that, the staff were nice and accommodating.

I can't comment on the breakfast because we didn't eat there. It was $12/head! A bit steep in my opinion for bread, fruit, waffles, and some eggs and juice. I would bring some bread and milk and some cereal and put it in your refrigerator. You can even bring some dry oatmeal and heat it up in the microwave, both available in your room.

Overall, we had a great stay for the 3 nights that we were there. There were a lot of people at the hotel, but at night, you could not hear them, so sleep quality was great.

Room Tip: Preferably as far as away from the Turnpike
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

Front desk tried to be helpfull but housekeeping didn't . When fire alarm went off (I had an 18 month old I AM 62) I opened up my room door there was a maid outsied I asked what was going on she just said OH I don"t know. I called front desk they said they were shutting the alarm off--my daugther called me from downstairs said they were telling everybody to get out. Need to get there act together... I ordered a crib they sent up a playpen DO NOT RECOMMEND

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us. Unfortunately it seems like there were a few things that you would like to have seen go differently.
Pertaining to the fire alarm, our life safety system is in place to help secure your safety, but I agree that an alarm can be a bit unnerving. As with any alarm there is what I will call an "investigation period" where we try to determine the cause of the alarm and then react accordingly. Our procedure is that we evacuate the hotel, for your safety, until we can determine the issue and receive the "all clear" from the local authorities. The Ridgefield Park Fire Department is the only authority that can issue that "all clear" and that is based on a thorough investigation and inspection of the area in question. It is likely that at the time that housekeeper was not aware of the nature of the alarm. With that said, we will revisit our internal procedures so that we do a better job of informing our staff as to how to advise our guests in that situation.
Thank you again for your feedback.
Niskayuna, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

I booked this hotel for 3 adults. I was given a 1 king bed room. No couch or anything, just a bed. For 3 people? I was informed by the friendly fella at the counter that I was "on a list" for a roll away bed that we weren't told till 12:30am by a lady at the desk that we wouldn't even be getting. So, 2 friends in the same bed and the 3rd friend on the floor. They wouldn't give us ("didn't have available") a 2 queen, they wouldn't find us a roll away bed...just not impressed at all. Where else were we supposed to rebook at 12:30am?? Snotty attitude with no compassion from the desk (1 of them. the guy was cool but the girl not so much), and a paying customer forced to sleep on the floor since this place is unorganized. We never even got a call that we weren't going to get the bed, we had to call 4 or 5 times to get an answer after being left on hold & ignored. We even asked the desk for some blankets and pillows for this 3rd person and we were told they are out of pillows!! Really? I've never been to a Hilton chain hotel before but I won't return to any of them, anywhere.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park? Share your experiences!