“Rudest Hotel Manager on the Planet” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn Ridgefield
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1085 US Hwy 46 W, Ridgefield, NJ 07657   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ridgefield
Washington DC
“Rudest Hotel Manager on the Planet”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2009

Rimesh [---] is the rudest, most unreasonable hotel manager on the planet.

When we asked him for directions, he unhelpfully told us to consult our GPS and hung up on us before we could tell him the address for his hotel was not showing up in it. We would have simply gone elsewhere, but it was late and that was the only place we'd researched.

When we got there, he would not honor the internet advertised rate, automatically booked us for a king sized bed upgrade, and insisted it was "too difficult" to back our credit card transaction out. After 15 passive aggressive minutes of pretending to process a return, he must have figured out that we weren't backing down. He even tried to make us feel bad for making him do the work.

Under the normal run of things, I would have taken my business elsewhere, but it was late and my guests were tired.

Needless to say, I would NEVER recommend that anyone reward such rank incompetence with their patronage.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
puerto rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

Creepy ,smelly, unsafe, unclean. Not a good place to be alone. There's nothing near to eat, if you are walking. Bad Very Bad...

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Ridgefield hotels

Tampa,fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

For less than $80 and not far from the city, I found it to be a great deal. If you are used to large rooms, then this isn't for you. The rooms are small, there is no iron or board, or hand lotions, the lobby is small and definitely not fancy, but then again, I don't care ! Simply put, its great for those who just want to sleep, wake up, and go on with their day. We had no problem finding this place. On a good note, the rooms were clean and in-tact which is what really matters to me. We parked directly in front of the room and obviously there is no parking cost like some hotels. Since we had a rental car, transportation was not an issue like with other guest. In closing, this was the perfect deal for my wife and me. Enjoy !

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Montreal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed. Our room smelled like a depot of stale cigarettes and ashtray (and i'm a smoker). the employees are weird. the hallway doesnt have a window.

they say they are close to the bus stop to get into port authority. Well you need to walk on the shoulder of the Highway 46 to get to the bus stop. Yes people you read right, walk on the shoulder of the highway.

anyhow, i left after 1 night cause i felt unsafe and grossed out. and i'm gonna try to get my money back.

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

After reading the reviews, I thought that I was going to be staying in a bug infested hell hole. But I couldn't beat the price at $100 per night right outside of NYC. There are no refunds or changes of any kind but they tell you that before you book. They also won't let you check in before 3pm but that is also stated before you book. They were very friendly and let us us the change and freshen up in the restroom in the lobby that was very clean. We told them we wouldn't be back to check in until very late and that wasn't a problem either. It is extremely easy to get into the city from the hotel. We drove to the North Bergen park and ride which is no more than five minutes from the hotel. I felt comfortable leaving our car there as I saw security patroling every time we were there. We paid $12 to park for the day and for 2 round trip tickets. The bus comes every 15 minutes and takes 10 minutes to get to Port Authority bus station which is in the middle of the city. The exterior of the hotel could have been a little more maintained but the room was really clean and updated. The bathroom was also extremely clean. I was very satisfied with our room and the maid service. My only complaint is that the bed was hard. They had many fluffy pillows. The area is residential but does have a few abandoned buildings close by. Overall, I would stay here again. It is not hard to find if you use common sense. Just be prepared to make U-turns all over New Jersey and you will be fine. It was better than expected.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Bed was hard
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Hartford, CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

My company did not know what a dive this Hotel was when they booked our crew here.. The towels are very flimsy and the staff unfriendly. The outside corridors smell of urine.

The rooms are very small and not very clean the bath tub had stains. I called my boss who had us moved to the Hampton Inn it was $25 more but worth it. Anything over $100 at this Days Inn is too much.

The staff at this hotel is very creepy. I had one of them follow me when I did my laundry. He smelled so bad with B.O. that I quickly left. By the way you have to ask for they key to the laundry and tell them what room number you are in. Why? Then they did not have enough quarters to change two dollars.

I'm so happy we moved to the Hampton Inn.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2008

I am sorry but this hotel was not at all what I expected. Our room was pretty small and had this lingering smell that was very stale. There was tin foil covering a strange vent on the wall. It was very confusing to find. We have a GPS and the hotel didn't come up on it and was unable to even find the road it was on. Once we finally did arrive we were not thrilled about finding hair on our pillows. I hate bad mouthing hotels but I would not stay there again. Although it was cheap it was not as easy to get to the city as I had expected.

• Liked — the cats around the hotel...
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn Ridgefield? Share your experiences!