“Wedding, highest quality of service” 4 of 5 stars

Oyster Point Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   146 Bodman Place, Red Bank, NJ 07701   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Red Bank
new jersey
“Wedding, highest quality of service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

We had our daughter’s wedding here at the Oyster Point Hotel. We had referred it to our friends in Mass. and they went on this site to see other reviews and saw some upsetting ones. So in response to the other reviews I decided to write one of my own.
From the moment we started the plans for our daughters wedding we had nothing but the highest quality of service. First the members of the sales staff who walked us through every decision. T The day of the wedding the service from check in, to wedding reception, to check out, even with my "family you know what I mean" was the most professional experience I ever encountered. My question is,” How can you write anything you want on trip advisor?” It doesn't seem fair.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

My daughter recently held her wedding reception at this beautiful waterfront hotel.I have to say, the service was impeccable. The white glove service was a special treat and every server had a smile on their face. Our guests are still raving about the food.. The appetizers were plentiful and when it came time for the sit down dinner I was amazed that everyone was served, it seemed,at once. "Very impressive."
Our catering manager was very helpful from our first appointment to the follow up letter after the wedding.
I would highly recommend The Oyster Point Hotel for any newly engaged couple planning their wedding. The staff is professional and caring. The food is great and the hotel rooms are very new, crisp and clean. We were very happy with all services provided. Thank you Oyster Point Hotel !

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

The manager of banquet services is rude and unprofessional. He decided to tell us to go elsewhere when we wanted certain provisions in our contract. He gave us the most generic contract that anyone can get off the internet that did not address anything that would cost us extra. He did not want to put anything about the server ratio to guest, number of bartenders or chefs. Come to find out that is not included and would cost extra, thus the reason for him leaving that out! WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! He also did not want to give a bridal cocktail suite for the wedding party, rather take one of the reception rooms and block that off... and if it rains and it is needed your out of luck! Go to a place that prides themselves on making a bride happy and who has experience with weddings. This manager wants it easy and simple and does not want to work to make a deal. If you sign a generic contract with Oyster Point, you will get screwed with hidden fees!

Stayed October 2009
Jersey Shore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

Had to cancel a reservation due to a death in the family, when I called to cancel at 11:30am the day of arrival I was told I was too late to cancel that I needed to call be 3pm the previous day which I had never heard of. After being sent to a manager I was told that there were no exceptions to this rule even with a family emergency however they would move the reservation without penalty if I rebooked right then which I did for the following week, not sypathetic to the situation at all. 3 days later I recieved a notice from my cc company that I was indeed charged a no show rate. When I called to inquire I was told that it was because when they changed the date it was not for the date that I requested. While they admitted to putting in the wrong date I was never offered an apology. When I did arrive on the rescheduled night I was asked for my cc again. I made sure to check to be sure that my room was prepaid and was assured that I would not be charged again for the room, however 3 days later I again recieved a notice that I was indeed charged AGAIN and now had to call to have it reversed which has been challanging. Not only that they charged me $50 more than the original rate, and I was supposed to have a Riverview room which I did not recieve. Also the internet during our stay did not work, even after 11pm at night on a Friday, we kept getting kicked off. Also very inconvenient, you must call down to the front desk on a daily basis to get the secret code and it's only good for 24 hours. Also the keys to the rooms are not electric. They are hard coded keys specific to a room. While to the naked eye you can't see a room number on them, while we were out we just happened to be in a place that had a black light, and the room number was clearly marked on the key!!! Very unsafe.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

We visited the hotel for 3 nights for a wedding. The reception was in the hotel as well and I must admit the reception, a sit down dinner, was superb...both service and the food. Thumbs up for sure.

Our room was the issue. It was small and recently remodeled and very nice. No problem. The problem was that the rooms all have adjoining doors to the next door rooms and you can hear absolutely everything going on next door and the hotel staff was unresponsive in providing help to provide some peace and quiet for sleeping, which is what we intended to do in the room. Our room was adjacent to a suite housing 6 people. It was a non-smoking hotel...you had to sign a release agreeing to a $300 fine if you smoked. We do not smoke, so no problem. First night there was not an issue. Second night (Friday) we returned to our room late and went to bed. At about 1:00AM we started hearing cheering in the next room and could smell cigarettes. Not wanting to be fuddy duds we sucked it up and bit our tongues...big mistake. Next night was much worse. Screaming, cheering smoke banging doors repeatedly. We called front desk at 1:30 AM (we had a 5 AM departure time) and were told there was not much that could be done. We asked for manager and were told no managers were on site and they clerk was not allowed to call one at home. We insisted to speak to a manager and the clerk said no. We asked for security. The sent security to the suite and they argued with the residents. I counted 9 in the 6 person suite and they were smoking and it was coming under the door into our room. It smelled like a bar. After another hour with even louder noise and some very intentional door slamming by the neighbors we called security again and threatened to call the police and fire department if they did not act. Security came up again, not immediately, and was able to quiet them down. We got up at 5 as planned and left. I called the desk at 5 to check on the bill, which I did not want to pay in full, and there was no answer. I went to load car and desk clerk was in the parking lot smoking with her boyfriend. She provided me my bill, I complained, and she said she agreed we had suffered and would not check me out but leave it to her manager who would call me on the road at 7 AM. At 11:30 AM I called since I had not received a call. I was told the manager would call me back in 15 minutes. An hour later I called again, as no one returned my call. The manager told me she was all about service (but not enough to call me) and my room would be comp'd for the night. I said I wanted 2 terrible nights refunded. She said. "No, since I had not complained the previous night." She went on to tell me I should have called the police if I was that upset. Not my idea of customer service.

A nice weekend was ruined by the service level in this poorly managed hotel. I really do not think the management team understands the level of customer service they are up against. Any Courtyard or Hampton Inn provides better service than what we experienced at Oyster Point. The lack of sound insulation between is unreal. I felt like out neighbors were in our room and the hesitancy of the desk to act and involve management is irresponsible considering the room rate we were paying.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

We recently stayed at the Oyster Point as part of a wedding party. The hotel looks like a relic from and 80's office park from the outside but the inside is hip and modern. Our room was sleek and spacious with a gorgeous view of the river. The staff were helpful and friendly and the food served at the wedding and breakfast the next morning was delicious - particularly for such a large wedding. If I could suggest anything it would be that they should have robes for the guests and bottled water in the rooms - otherwise everything was great.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Manlius, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

Arrived late evening; 2 employees idly sitting by the door told us we were too late for valet parking and to find our own spot. We did, and carried our own bags even though my husband was recovering from surgery and walking difficulty was obvious. Asked for help with luggage at front desk. No one available. Had to take one bag up in elevator and come back down for second, as my husband could not manage. Filled out and mailed the little assessment card found in the room but never got a response. Would have been better off at a motel with parking at door of room,

• Liked — water view
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Oyster Point Hotel? Share your experiences!