“Pleasantly Surprised....” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Southport, Connecticut
“Pleasantly Surprised....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2005

My sister & I attended an event near Red Bank in August and had low expectations for our accommodations for the one night we were there. Oyster Point was a pleasant surprise. Upon arrival, the staff was very friendly and we were pleased to see that there was a restaurant with water views off the lobby.

Our double room was clean, spacious, and, though a bit on the dark side for my taste, attractively decorated. As there weren't rooms on the water side of the hotel at the time I made our reservation, our window faced the parking lot, but it is on a quiet street with little traffic to be heard. My one complaint is that the walls were not thick enough to drown out the late nighter's in the room next door.

If in the area, I would stay at the Oyster Point again (hopefully in a room with water views) and will try a different restaurant, as our meal at the hotel was only 'fair'.

• Stayed August 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
East Brunswick, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2005

I've been to two weddings here, one was my sister's, and both were done very nicely.
As far as weddings...
This hotel is very well located (can walk downtown to Red Bank in about 5-10 minutes) and is right on the Navesink river, so great views. Food is also excellent (all the hors dehouvers, sea food is awesome, bars are well stocked and great service), I got to try the filet mignon there on several occasions, which is among the best I have had. You can cut it with a fork easily. Fish is great as well, chicken is good (not great). The room is a great size (held over 200 comfortably) and has a door to go right out on the deck, which is large and overlooks the river. This is nice for smokers and anyone who wants to get a breathe, etc...
The rooms - overall very clean, large and well decored. The suites are very large and have an awesome deck - very nice.
The only downside I experience in my stays here is the service for breakfast in the atrium. Perhaps it was bc it was a Monday AM and there was a lot of people from my family there (about 5 tables filled) but they were understaffed and it took about 45 minutes to eat. Also waiter was a little rude and unattentive - I will overlook this as it was Monday AM and there was a rush of people due to the wedding - but they should have prepared for it. But this is great place to stay and I highly recommend it if planning a wedding in the area.

• Stayed August 2005
North Carolina USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2005

The Oyster Point Hotel was excellent. The rooms were spacious and very lovely. The Hotel staff was extremely accommodating. The view was wonderful and the pillows were great. I slept well every night I was there. I was on a business trip in Red bank and during our stay we had 7 inches of snow. It was wonderful to have the river view and all that snow. Red bank is truly a beautiful town.

My only complaint with the hotel was that the wireless broad band internet service was an additional fee. For business travels this service is a must.

I was also disappointed that there was no muffin or Danish offered with the complimentary coffee in the mornings and breakfast at the hotel was expensive.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2003

We stayed at the Oyster Point the weekend of 1/25 for one night. I travel for business extensivly and have stayed at world-class hotels all over the world. The Oyster Point ranks with some of the "named" hotels I have stayed at. Room was clean, nicly furnished and had a great view of the river. Front desk, bartender, and hostess in the am were all extremely professional. Breakfast in the am was top notch. Again, with the beautifull river view. I love the decor and mood of the hotel, very nice sitting area and fireplace off of the bar. In my opinion, this hotel is a cross between a large Inn, and a large luxury hotel. I will stay here again if I am in the area.

Been to Oyster Point Hotel? Share your experiences!