“TOO NOISY!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Red Bank
Burlington, Vermont
“TOO NOISY!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Upon arrival at the property on Saturday, March 2 were well greeting by the front desk. I did like the decor and the bar area overlooking the river was well done.

The rooms were quite nice you could tell the decor was recently updated, and clean, comfortable beds, nice pillows and I loved the soaps/shampoo.

I stayed at the hotel with my two sons, we had to get up on Sunday morning at 5:30am. We went to bed at 9:00pm. Called the front desk at 10:00 pm because we could no longer take the noise. THere was a wedding party that had a live band, not certain where they were in the hotel , but we were on the 3rd floor. Our floor vibrated, the music was so loud and clear that my son was singing the lyrics. When I called the front desk the woman said they will end at 11:00pm and will ask them to turn the sound down. Yeah right! She offered to move us to another room. Really? It is 10pm we are in bed do you think we wanted to change room.

If you are a hotel, you are a hotel where people pay to get a good nights sleep. If you are a banquet facility then people pay to have a party and celebrate. The two do not mix well together, my suggestion is you need to decide which of the two you are, otherwise you will eventually lose repeat business.

Please if you do book ask if they are having a wedding or function, then go elsewhere if you want to sleep!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your candid review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and the view from your room during your stay. We take great pride in providing our guests with comfortable and contemporary guest rooms and superior service in a beautiful setting along the Navesink River.

I am very disappointed to hear that you were disturbed by noise from a wedding party in the ballroom below you. Rest assured, we do everything we can to ensure that wedding guests are put into the rooms directly above the ballroom however, there are times that this is not possible based on how many (or how few) wedding guests are staying overnight in the hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this caused you. This is not the caliber of service we strive to Provide at the Oyster Point Hotel.

Thank you again for staying with us. If you wish to discuss your stay with me in further detail, please do not hesitate to contact me via email at: agreene@mollypitcher-oysterpoint.com. In the interim I remain, as always, at your service.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Everett, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

All in all it was a good place to stay .... ppl were 10 out of 10 .... Food was 8.5 out of 10 ... view was nice from the room. nice recovery from sandy .. the only part i was not likeing to much was the room itself. more like motel 6 with a veiw. Was exspecting more for 200 bucks a nite. But it did have 11 pillows on the bed and a shower head that would blast the hide off of you. Don't know what the 600 buck a nite rooms look like ... but i will get the 100 buck room next time. Don't think it would be much difernt than the one i had.... I still will stay there again tho .... Good service is hard to find..... carl mcbee

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your candid review! We take great pride in providing upscale accommodations with stunning views of the Navesink River and gracious hospitality. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with.

I am disappointed to hear that you do not like the decor of the guest rooms. They were recently renovated in 2009 to reflect a more modern, contemporary decor. While I know this decor may not please everyone, it does reflect the overall look and feel of the Oyster Point Hotel.

Thank you again for staying with us! I look forward to our next opportunity to serve you. In the interim I remain, as always, at your service.

Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

great decor in room , 9 pillows , nice lounge and river view . I was there in winter but would be awesome in summer . price is not cheapest but normal for that area , great local resturants , bartenders were very nice and attentive .

Room Tip: excellent room with view , nice lounge .
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We take great pride in providing comfortable accommodations, superior service, and stunning views of the Navesink River and Downtown Red Bank. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you. In the interim we remain, as always, at your service.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Oyster Point Hotel is is a very beautiful hotel and has stunning views of the river. Staff is wonderful and very accommodating. We attended a wedding reception there and everything was wonderful. Food was fantastic and waitstaff friendly. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

Room Tip: Make sure to always get a room with a river view!!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such a lovely review! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and with us at the Oyster Point Hotel, taking in the spectacular views of the Navesink River, being pampered by our excellent and hospitable staff, and dining in our world-class restaurant.

I have shared your comments with our staff and they are thrilled to hear that they made your stay a memorable one! We all look forward to our next opportunity to serve you. In the interim we remain, as always, at your service.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Selected the Oyster Point based on business relations recommendation. It was a one night stay so it could be a bit skewed. Reception was fine, no complaints. Received a 5th floor King room, not river side.

First rule of the Oyster Point, pay the $10 for river view, else you get the highway and train noise all night long.

Second problem with the room was that it was directly under the main HVAC unit so it was a constant rumble. The rumble was so bad that the ceiling was vibrating.

The third issue I had and most serious, the hotel has a real water pressure problem, at least on the 5th floor. When taking a shower in the AM, the water temperature oscillated violently as other rooms used hot and cold water. The shower went from comfortable, to scalding hot to freezing cold without any warning. This is not acceptable.

This is not to say that the room was well appointed and comfortable but with one exception, there was no work station or desk. Why?

The restaurant experience was quite pleasing, would give 3 stars.

In short, river side room, low level might have been a better experience.

Room Tip: Riverside and low level.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review! Your candid feedback is helpful as we continue to improve our service and our accommodations.

I wanted to take this opporunity to apologize for the few issues you experienced during your stay. We do have some air handlers and vents on the roof of the building, which can be why you heard some rumbling in your room I am very sorry for this and we are working on a solution to resolve this issue. I've also shared your comments regarding the water temperature and pressure issues you experienced during your stay with our Chief Engineer. I can only imagine how the fluctuating temperatures can affect your stay and am very sorry for any inconvenience this caused you. Maintenance is currently looking into this issue to determine a solution to this problem. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Should you need any further assistance, or should wish to speak with me personally, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. It would be my pleasure to assist you. In the interim I remain, as always, at your service.

Newtown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Oyster Point Hotel recently as we visited Red Bank to go to a concert at the Count Basie Theatre. Warm greeting at the desk, wonderful room with spectacular views from the floor to ceiling windows, comfortable king bed. I do agree with other reviewers that the bathroom was rather small but it was immaculate and bright and had lots of towels.
The location was ideal for those exploring Red Bank and we walked to the dinner and the concert. It's about a 10 minute walk, no problem.

Room Tip: Fourth floor was great for the views
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your time here in Red Bank. We are proud to offer our guests luxurious accommodations with breathtaking views of the Navesink River and close proximity to downtown Red Bank.

I have shared your comments with our staff and they are thrilled to have pleased you! It was our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to our next opportunity to do so.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, should I be of any further assistanct to you. In the interim I remain, as always, at your service.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We had our engagement party here! Allison was the person we sign our contact with. She is sweet and very helpful! Everyone said the food was Wonderful! The staff super nice!Amazing view! We stayed at in the North Suite for the night.It was an awesome room. Downfall of the suite, At 11:45pm, I wanted room service wasn't able to get it cause the Chef close the kitchen 15mins early(Annoying)why does it say 12am on Saturdays then?? Couldn't turn on the tv for 10mins realize someone had unplugged it, why??(Annoying) Took us a while to figure out the shower, how to turn it on(Annoying). Last but not least please check your bills. Someone put on our bill a $16. My fiancée fought the bill cause they couldn't produce it but the girl at the desk said the bill was at 4:30 pm and everyone was still at our party until 5pm. Glad they took that off not sure why the bartender decide to pick us cause after our party a group of friends 5:30pm we spent and left them with a lot of money their. It's worth going to but go over your bill.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your engagement party as well as your stay with us. We take great pride in providing a superb setting for special occasions and events, as well as luxurious hotel accommodations and superior service.

Thank you for sharing with us all of the annoying little thigns that went wrong during your stay. I can undersand how these things - from the television being unplugged to the kitchen closing early can add up and affect your stay. Rest assured, I have spoken with the Chef as well as with our Director of houseekping to ensure that these things do not happy again.

I'm also sorry about the mixup with the bar tab that was put on your room bill. We of course took it off immediately and will speak with the bartender about this. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, should I be of any further assistance. In the interim I remain, as always, at your service.

Rooms Division Manager

Been to Oyster Point Hotel? Share your experiences!