“Great Property for Weddings” 4 of 5 stars

Oyster Point Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   146 Bodman Place, Red Bank, NJ 07701   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Red Bank
Rutherford, New Jersey
“Great Property for Weddings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My friend recently got married and held her reception at the Oyster Point Hotel. It was a beautiful hotel and a great ballroom/cocktail hour room. Their website does not do any justice for their property! Great place for weddings.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed attending your friend's wedding at The Oyster Point Hotel. We take great pride in providing flawless weddings and events and are thrilled to have created an enjoyable and memorable experience for your!

Please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone here at the Oyster Point Hotel, should we be of any further assistance to you. In the interim we remain, as always, at your service.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Englewood, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We had an off-site meeting held in Red Bank, NJ. Most of the meetings were held at their sister property - The Molly Pitcher Inn. A few members of our team were housed at The Oyster Point Hotel. The hotel is very clean and modern - its a typical boutique-style hotel. It has a small lobby and a bar which has nice views of the water and marina. Service is very prompt and attentive. The rooms are decent and roomy with modern decor and plush carpeting. The bathroom is your typical hotel bathroom - very clean and has the normal bathroom amenities. The exterior grounds of the hotel resemble that of an office building - just your normal parking lot in front. Even numbered rooms have views of the water - the odd numbered ones have a view of the parking lot and office complex across the street. It was also quite difficult to get to the gym - and the code to access the gym was also not provided at check-in. Also, the in-room coffee maker in my room was not working (no big deal as we had all meals provided at our meeting). I had a comfortable stay at this hotel - have no complaints other than the gym access and the broken coffeemaker. We had dinner at our hotel for one of the 2 nights we were there - the ballroom is decent with access to a balcony which overlooks the water. Very nice and quiet - with great views of downtown Red Bank. Food was also decent - nothing to rave about but definitely better than at other hotels in NJ.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your candid review! We take pride in providing luxurious accommodations, superior service, and fantastic views to our guests. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am very sorry that the cofeee maker did not work in your room. I have informed our housekeeping staff to remove that machine and put in a new one. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Also, I am sorry that the front desk staff did not inform you of the fitness center code at check-in. My staff is instructed to provide guests with three facts about the hotel upon check-in, and most of this information is taken up with inormation about out comlimentary wi-fi and other services. I will instruct my staff to include the fitness center code with this information,

Thank you again for staying with us. We are so happy to have had the opportunity to serve you and your colleagues for your off-site meeting. Please do not hesitate to contact me, should I be of any further assistance. In the interim I remain, as always, at your service.

Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This hotel hosted a wedding reception I was attending over a Holiday weekend and for convenience sake we decided to stay at the hotel. Hotel is very nice, front desk personnel were pleasant and accommodating. Dining Room staff were a little aloof...although the Dining Room was small, no one bothered to mention the patio/verandah area where we could have meals and/or cocktails...we just happened to stumble on it ourselves. What a view!!! The walk to Broad Street was a little lenghty, but worth the trip!! Reception was excellent...from cocktail hour through dinner and subsequent party celebration. Very nice...would definitley recommend to others staying in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such a kind review! We take pride in providing the utmost in guest service, modern accommodations, and fantastic weddings and events.

I have shared your comments about the restaurant staff with our Operations Manager. I apologize that they were not the utmost in hospitable to you.

I have also shared your comments with the front desk and banquet staff. They are thrilled to have served you and helped to make your stay with us one to remember.

Thank you again for staying with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should I be of any further assistance to you. In the interim, I remain, as always, at your service.

Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this beautiful hotel for a wedding. Customer service was amazing. They were happy to accommodate an early check-in and a late check-out. The room was big, clean and beautiful, the view breathtaking. A very comfortable bed and good shower made us quite happy. We ate lunch at the restaurant downstairs and the food was excellent. My only complaint...the noise! We could actually hear our neighbors opening and closing their dresser drawers! We also heard our rowdy neighbors across the hall at 3 am. The fitness center could definitely use some updating. Besides those things, this hotel is wonderful. It is a quick 5-10 minute walk into town making the location perfect. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Pay the extra few bucks and choose a river-view room! You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing such a great review! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in providing luxurious accommodations, superior service, and stunning views of the Navesink River. All make for a memorable experience.

I am terribly sorry that you could hear your neighbors so clearly. I have shared your comments with upper management to see what can be done to rectifiy this issue. I have also shared your comments regarding the fitness center with our Operations Manager. We hope to put a plan together to upgrade the gym in the near future.

Thank you so much for staying with us. Along with everyone at the Oyster Point Hotel, we look forward to serving you again soon. In the interim we remain, as always, at your service.

Scranton, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

After reading reviews online we chose this hotel for an overnight stay for my daughter and myself. I was disappointed at the location- too far from town to walk, and the outside appearance isn't the nicest. However, the hotel is sufficient and the rooms are clean and well decorated.The beds are comfortable. I even think the carpeting throughout is recently updated. The bathrooms are nothing special however with a standard tub/shower and one sink. We did not get a river view even though I doubt the hotel was full considering this was a Tuesday. I would advise specifically requesting a room with a river view.

We were most impressed with the restaurant. Checking the menu before heading downtown for dinner, we decided to stay. We sat at a table in front of the window with a fantastic view of the river. The menu was varied, the food was good (and plentiful- we split two appetizers, a dinner and dessert and that was more than enough for us)

Room Tip: Ask for river view room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! We take pride in providing luxurious accommodations, fine dining and a great location along the Navesink River.

I apologize that you did not get a River View Room. Due to the layout of the hotel, the rooms are either River View or not, and guests book accordingly. We do charge a small premium for the view and would gladly check to see if we had the availability if any guest were to ask upon check-in.

Thank you for staying with and I look forward to our next opportunity to serve you! In the interim I remain, as always, at your service.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Just completed a trip here this weekend. Check in was a breeze, late check out request was honored. The front desk staff were more than nice, even after shift change. Staff were one nicer than the next.

I reserved 2 rooms, and each of them were immaculate. We had king river views that did not disappoint. The only drawback for me was that our room was on the 3rd floor and although the view was amazing, with the window blinds open in the day you can clearly see people on the terrace below and Im pretty sure they could se me(a little freaky so be careful).

The bed was super comfortable with about 10 pillows to sleep with, soft sheets and a cotton top cover. We slept like babies! The room had ample space and was decorated ok... the bathrooms could use some updating especially showers, but overall a good room. I did have some issue with noise- in the way of people walking/talking in the hall ways as you can hear them very well and it made me wonder if they can hear me too?

The service at he bar was impeccable. Mike the bartender keeps a ship shape bar and makes sure everyone is served and pleased. I never had to ask for anytiing. In fact he saw i was not drinking my cocktail and asked if he could make me something else that I would enjoy more! He went out of his wa to give us helpful tips on the area and gave us a map too. Great food at the restaurant there and on the weekends there is live music. There are many sitting areas as to sit and enjoy a beverage or just relax. It seemed like there were alot of families as well as couples here. I would definitely go back as my stay was most enjoyable.

There is no pool at this location and that is unfortunate bec it would be a fabulous addition to this hotel.

Customer service seems a high priority here and thats the key ingredient for a great hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a river view on a floor above 3 (there are only 5 floors) and away from the elevator
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our updated and comfortable decor, immaculate guest rooms, terrific views and superior service make for a memorable stay.

I have shared your comments with our staff and they are thrilled to have pleased you so - especially Mike at the bar!

We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you. In the interim we remain, as always, at your service.

Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

My husband and I were in town for a wedding in May of this year, and we wanted to stay somewhere a little nicer to really enjoy our weekend away. He used to work in Red Bank and always drove past the Oyster Point, so we decided to try it.

The walk to Red Bank is a little long and along a very busy highway, but we were able to walk there for breakfast. The river location is also beautiful, and we really enjoyed the live piano in the bar area on Friday night.

That's about all the positives I have, though. Our room was nicely decorated, but cramped, not particularly clean, and we could hear every word from the rooms on both sides of us. Also, the AC didn't work all that well-- it was either too cold or too hot all night, and we couldn't have the window open because our room was directly above the front door, and smoke drifted into our room even with the window shut. It would have been nice if they'd spent some of that decorating budget on soundproofing and HVAC upgrades.

The kicker was that the fire alarm went off at 1 am, and we all had to go outside. I didn't see a single staff member directing guests or offering apologies during the 20-30 mins we were out there. In the morning, the front desk staff said nothing about the middle-of-the-night alarm and refused to give us any discount or even apologize when we brought it up. For me, the number 1 amenity a hotel provides is a good night's sleep, and anything else is above and beyond-- a hotel that can't provide that and then is totally unapologetic isn't a place that I'll stay again.

Bottom line, if it's really important to you to be close to Red Bank, have modern decor and jazz piano, the Oyster Point isn't a bad choice. If your top priority is good service and a good night's sleep, I'd look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's not directly above the front entrance, to avoid noise and smoke smell.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your candid review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the views from our riverview rooms and the live piano player that plays in our lounge area every Friday and Saturday night. We are a quick fifteen minute walk to the downtown Red Bank area with lots of shops and restaurants.

I am very dissapointed to hear that the fire alarm went off during your stay. This is unfortunate but is of course, a necessity, in the event of a real fire. I researched the cause of the alarm and discovered that someone had pulled the fire alarm station. I am very sorry that my staff did not apologize for this inconvenience to you when you checked out. I have spoken with my staff and can assure you that this will not happen again.

As for your comment regarding the window and and AC issues, rest assured that I have shared your comments with our Chief Engineer to look into. I can only imagine how unpleasant it must have been to smell cigarette smoke in your room, especially in a non-smoking hotel.

Thank you agian for staying with us. Should you wish to discuss your stay with me personally, please do not hesitate to contact me at 732-530-8200 ext. 154. You may also email me at agreene@mollypitcher-oysterpoint.com. Until then, I remain, as always, at your service.

Rooms Division Manager

Been to Oyster Point Hotel? Share your experiences!