“I almost fainted when I saw the bill!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Fondue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Fair Haven, New Jersey
“I almost fainted when I saw the bill!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I am not stingy, but $400 for 2 adults and one child, and only 4 alcohol drinks is insane. I don't even pay that much in NYC. Not returning.

Visited June 2012

Red Bank, New Jersey
“Awesome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Great food and a lot of it! We had everything from soup to dessert!
Service was great, they really timed everything nicely. It was fun cooking the food.

Visited March 2012
Rahway
“Maybe not my type of Experience, want someone to cook my food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Let's go backwards here. I still feel a little ill, and pick pocketed. $187 for the two of us with two glasses of wine. Its all my fault though because I had to cook my own chicken,pork,steak,shrimp in the same boiling pot.

Server was nice but seems like she has been down this road before. For those with more money to waste this may be an intimate experience to us it was a joke until we got the bill.

Four slices of sirloin, half chicken cutlet, eight shrimp, and a few pieces of pork, mixed with stale bread and chesse as an appetizer, oh and the melted chocalate and strawberries that did it. I am being sarcastic here. While walking over we saw dannys grill. They should put a sign on their roof that says we cook the food for you and give you 18oz of beef!

Also the bathroom looked run down and not clean.

Sorry Melting Pot, not our type of thing but we know we read the instructions before we entered and cooked our own food. So its all our fault and we feel that way.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Awful.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

My review isn't based on the service and restaurant staff, which were fine, but on the food and price. I have never been so turned off by food in my life. I had a gift certificate from Christmas that was never used, and when the following holiday started rolling around, I went. The concept of cooking all of the beef, pork, chicken, fish, etc., in the same pot of oil was revolting to me. I barely ate and the 2 others that I was with didn't eat much more during dinner. Yes the oil is boiling and they give you a card that states how long to cook it for, but I'm not a cook. I came to a restaurant for a reason. I didn't think that dinner would be raw only to have to cook it ourselves. I figured we'd get cooked meals and have various sauces or cheeses to dip. The cheese fondue is harmless, as is the desserts, but dinner? I shudder thinking about it. The prices are also outrageous! We had a $100 gift certificate and still had to spend between $50-$75 more, and I don't drink. Based on its name, and what I had heard, I figured it was like an Applebees, but that's not the case. We didn't have reservations and had to wait about a half an hour for a table. This is our fault, I guess, but it seemed The Melting Pot is just a bit too full of itself. A lot of people like this place, and I usually don't get turned off by food very easily, but this place just unsettled my stomach.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
“Great "Experience"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is the type of place you go to enjoy a nice, LONG, relaxing dinner with a significant other or a group of friends. Good food, good service and good atmosphere but do not go if you are looking for a "quick" meal.

• Visited February 2012