“Great overnight stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Red Bank
Massapequa, New York
“Great overnight stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We came to town to visit my wife's friends. I worked all morning so she drove in while I slept in the car. Check in was easy. The room was clean and comfortable and quiet. My wife went down to swim in the pool...alone for an hour poolside. A miracle.
We met in the bar after the numerous wedding guests cleared out...to go to a wedding in house.
Where do you find a great jazz piano player in a hotel bar outside of NY? Here.
And we had a delicious shrimp cocktail. Great stay. Will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner, quiet room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Molly Pitcher Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Jeaninejack,

Thank you so much for your kind review! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Molly Pitcher Inn! We are thrilled that you enjoyed our comfortable accommodations, outdoor pool and weekend entertainment in our bar.

I look forward to your next visit with us and our next opportunity to serve you. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should I be of any further assistance. In the interim I remain, as always, at your service.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Bethpage, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed at Molly Pitcher last year when we went to see a concert; also decided to stay this June. Room was beautiful looking out over the pool/marina. However, when we woke up Saturday morning to shower before meeting friends for breakfast at 9 a.m., there was absolutely no water pressure. We couldn't even wash the soap off of our bodies and rinse thoroughly. Since we were in a pinch for time, we didn't mention it to the management but it should definitely be addressed.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room overlooking the pool/marina. Last visit we had horrible room overlooki...
Dear Fabsecy,

Thank you so much for your review! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Molly Pitcher Inn and enjoyed your room with a view of the pool and marina. We take great pride in providing comfortable accommodations along a riverfront setting, all within walking distance to downtown Red Bank.

I am very sorry to hear that the water pressure was so low that you couldn't rinse off well. Rest assured that I have shared your comments with our maintenance staff to look into the problem. While the Molly Pitcher Inn was built in 1928 and the plumbing is also just as old, we will do our best to try to find a solution to this issue.

Thank you again for staying with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should I be of any further assistance. In the interim I remain, as always, at your service.

Hillsborough, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife & I celebrated our 6th Wedding Anniversary by having dinner at the Molly Pitcher Inn on Saturday, June 22, 2013.

We both previously dined at the Molly Pitcher Inn after a Confirmation in 2012. My wife had liked the food, service, & ambience and wanted to dine here for our anniversary.

Our experience was a Tale of Two Spouses. My wife had French Onion Soup as an appetizer and said it was the best ever. On a scale from 1 to 10, she rated it a 20! For dinner, she had Cornmeal Crusted Local Flounder and rated this 8 out of 10. It was good, not great, and she didn't care for the caramelized cauliflower that accompanied it. For dessert, she had the apple cobbler and a cappuccino. As you can see from the picture, the apple cobbler is presented beautifully and the taste matches it. My wife loved the Apple Cobbler but the cappuccino was just average.

My experience was just so so. Unfortunately, I have a gluten intolerance and my options at the Molly Pitcher were limited. For my appetizer, I had the Pan Roasted Sea Scallops. It was good, not great and certainly not worth $11.95 for two scallops. For dinner, I wanted to order the 14 ounce New Zealand Rack of Lamb but, due to my gluten intolerance, I wouldn't be able to get sauce on it. Thus, I ordered the Grilled Filet Mignon without sauce because all of the Molly Pitcher Inn's sauces contain gluten. My Filet Mignon was just average. For $38.95, I expected much better. For a similar price, I could have purchased 4 uncooked Filet Mignons from Omaha Steaks and cooked it better myself with a gluten-free sauce. Unlike my wife, I didn't have dessert. They offered me two choices and I just wasn't interested.

This dining experience was truly a Tale of Two Spouses. My wife's experience was excellent and my experience was just run-of-the-mill.

Hopefully with this review, Molly Pitcher will improve their Allergy Awareness and make accommodations for their guests.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Molly Pitcher Inn, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Coach Michael,

Thank you so much for such a detailed review! I'm happy to hear that your wife enjoyed her meal at the Molly Pitcher Inn, but am disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations. We strive to provide the best possible upscale dining experience in our Dining Room, with the best ingredients and service.

Rest assured, I have shared your comments with our Food and Beverage Manager and the Chef to review. I apologize that we do not have a lot of options for guests with gluten sensitivities and will address this with our culinary team. I have also shared your wife's comments about her experience and the staff are thrilled that they were able to exceed her expectations.

Thank you again for dining with us. I hope you enjoyed your Anniversary and wish you congratulations on your 6th year! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should I be of any further assistance to you. In the interim I remain, as always, at your service.

Huntington, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Let's start from the beginning. Just returned from having spent 2 days at the Molly Pitcher. On arriving at this allegedly 4 star hotel, there was not a bellman to be found. I took a trolley, unloaded my bags and, after having checked in was given a room on the third floor. As soon as I walked into the room there was a glaring problem. Notwithstanding previous reviews, I was prepared for a small room, but nothing as small as what I saw. A prison cell is only slightly smaller (and this doesn't have to accommodate a queen sized bed!) However, since I was prepared for a small room I said nothing. What I wasn't prepared for was a TV mounted 90 degrees to the bed. Impossible to watch.

I left my wife and bags in the room and asked for another room. The desk clerk offered to upgrade the room at additional cost. I said that I was already paying top dollar and explained to them that I had reserved 4 rooms for my family. I also told the receptionist that I reserved 4 rooms as part of a block of 40 rooms that were reserved for a wedding party. I was told that they don't offer a discount! Wow!! Did a bit of on-line research and found out that the room could have been had for a lesser price. In my experience, when a block of rooms is reserved for a wedding it is usually at a discounted rate - in this case, it was an inflated rate! Explained to the receptionist and they “Patronized” me stating that since the wedding was not "in-house" no discount was offered. However, I was given room 222. I Picked up my bags, and this time a bellman miraculously appeared. The TV was mounted so that it could be watched. However, there was a fecal smell that emanated from the toilet. Turned on the AC and didn't say anything. Didn't want to be a complainer.

Looked inside the toilet and there was a narrow drain. First look appeared that someone might not have flushed the toilet, second look was that the hollow of the drain was filthy and it appeared to be human waste.

Turned on the TV and it was "snowy." They had 42" (I believe) LG - HD TVs with analog service. When I mentioned this to reception, they sent someone up and eventually told me that there was a problem with the cable. As it turned out, I believe they have satellite TV. If there was a problem with the cable and/or satellite, all the rooms in the hotel should have the same problem. Other rooms did not. Again – “Patronized!”

Took a shower in a miniscule bathroom, my knees almost touched the door while sitting and when I stepped into the tub, it was as if the bathtub was floating. The bottom of the tub was ballottable and it was as if I was walking on a floating mat! Wow - never experienced anything like this before.

I attempted to take a nap prior to getting dressed for the wedding. Downstairs from room 222 there was a party going on with what seemed to be massive subwoofers. The vibration and the sound was unbearable, let alone conducive for napping.

Since we were there for a wedding, after we dressed we found that there wasn't a full-length mirror anywhere to be found. I've stayed in single star hotels where there was a full length mirror. Since this hotel/inn is known as a venue for weddings one could only imagine that they would have something as simple as a $20 full length mirror!

This is the first hotel that didn't have a "do-not-disturb" sign in the room. Perhaps the management knew that this would be an impossibility!

On signing out - I returned my guest key to the front desk. I was politely asked how my stay was and I responded "terrible!" You would think that when a guest responds as such it might encourage a bit of dialogue - Nothing

On a positive note - the restaurant was lovely as was the service, albeit a bit expensive!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Molly Pitcher Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Elliot,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very disappointed to hear about your impression of our hotel. This is not the caliber of service that we strive to provide at the Molly Pitcher Inn.

I recall your stay with us and understand from my staff that we did work with you to the best of our ability to rectify the issues you experienced during your stay. We even provided you with a partial refund for the inconveniences you experienced. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should I be of any further assistance to you.

Travelers are raving about these Red Bank hotels

Walton on Thames England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Attended a wedding at the Molly Pitcher for close friends. We had a great stay. The room was large, light and extremely comfortable. Cannot find any fault. Highly recommend for anyone. The brunch the next morning was unbelievable. So many choices and great quality. Definitely all should try that!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Molly Pitcher Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Emptynesters3,

Thank you so much for such a lovely review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! It is always reassuring to hear positive reviews as we strive to provide the utmost in service, accommodations, and location.

I have shared your comments with our staff and they are delighted to have had the opportunity to serve you. We all look forward to your next visit at the Molly Pitcher Inn. In the interim we remain, as always, at your service.

Union, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We went to the Molly Pitcher's restaurant for dinner yesterday. There are many positives to the restaurant. The view is spectacular. The food was wonderful. Two of us had the salmon and it was outstanding. Our other party member had chicken which she also said was excellent. That's the good news. The service is the bad news. The waiter was pleasant enough but follow through really was not his strong point. We waited for well over a half hour after our appetizers and salad were removed from the for our entrees to arrive. They magically appeared when I flagged the waiter down and asked "Are our entrees arriving anytime soon?". Unfortunately this knocked them down a point. On balance though I would recommend the Molly Pitcher.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Cyclinged,

Thank you for your review of the Molly Pitcher Inn Dining Room! I am delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed your meal. We strive to provide the utmost in service and cuisine in our Dining Room and I am sorry to hear that the service was not up to our standards.

Rest assured, I have shared your comments with our Food and Beverage Manager to review and share with the staff. Thank you for letting us know of this flaw in our service so we may use your experience as a training tool with our employees. We promise that this will not happen again.

We look forward to your next visit to the Molly Pitcher Inn. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, should I be of further assistance. In the interim I remain, as always, at your service.

basking ridge, new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding at the oyster point hotel which is right next door. The room reminded me of bed and breakfast. Check in was very easy, and the location is very nice, right on the river. It was a nice day so we sat by the pool before we had to get ready. I would definitely stay here again.

Dear Sundae98,

Thank you so much for your lovely review! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We take great pride in providing comfortable accommodations and superior service in a great location along the Navesink River.

I have shared your comments with our staff and they are thrilled to have pleased you! We all look forward to your next stay with us. In the interim we remain, as always, at your service.

Rooms Division Manager

Been to Molly Pitcher Inn? Share your experiences!