“Convenient, clean and good for families” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Red Bank
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fair Haven, New Jersey
“Convenient, clean and good for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

The good - the rooms are large and clean, the staff very friendly and helpful, and the coffee is Starbucks. The location is pretty good too for the Rumson/Fair Haven area.

The bad - the food is limited and the place lacks a little character.

---

I have stayed at this hotel twice now with my family - and I would stay again. It work well for a base for travelling around Monmouth County, especially if you are travelling with kids. I would definitely stay again, because what it lacks it character it makes up for with room size and friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Kiernan N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lincroft Red Bank, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear TomMQuinn,

Thank you for choosing the Lincroft / Red Bank Courtyard for your recent visit to the area. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you mentioned that We Proudly Brew Starbucks.

We are excited that you will visit us again when you are in the area and look forward to making your next stay enjoyable as well.

Warm Regards,

Kiernan Newman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I used this hotel as the 'guest hotel' for my wedding in March. Overall, the rooms, lobby and breakfast food were nice and the location is perfect for out of town guests.

Where it went wrong: We decided to host a breakfast buffet the morning after our wedding. In a nutshell, the hotel was understaffed to accomodate this breakfast. Mid-way through the breakfast, we ran out of silverware, coffee, and the tables began cluttering with leftover dishes. My husband and I started to clear the tables ourselves and had to hunt down management for more coffee and silverware. Apparently, the silverware (maybe 30 rolled) was in the process of being washed, so we had to wait for it. There was one server, a young girl, whom management had on staff - she was great and did her best, but management knew for months that they were scheduled to have a breakfast to serve 60 people and therefore should have been prepared. I think this hotel and regional office just cared about making the sale, not customer service.

In the end, they did gives us $300 off our bill, but I would not recommend this hotel. After planning a wedding, the 'farewell breakfast' should be the least of a bride's concern.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Lynnace,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. Your feedback is very valuable and will help us continually improve. I’m delighted to hear that our hotel’s location, amenities, and customer service met your expectations during this most important event– however it is disappointing to learn that we did not meet your expectations for your farewell breakfast. We apologize that we did not have enough staff on hand to serve your function more efficiently and have discussed how to prevent this occurance in the future.
It was a pleasure to serve you and your wedding guests and I would like to thank you again for sharing your experience. Your comments have been shared with our staff, and measures have been put in place to avoid a similar occurrence in the future.

Congratulations!

Kind Regards,

Kiernan Newman
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

We spent 1 night Feb. 24 to see a show at Count Basie-about 2 miles away. We checked in about 3PM. Our room was a king bedded room. It had a refrig, big flat screen TV, and a balcony(too small for chairs).The room was clean, but a couple points from previous reviews
-the beds were good enough, but the mattresses were slightly harder than I've experienced at other Marriotts. Not enough to ruin my sleep.
-the soundproofing is rather poor. We could hear our neighbors through the wall(luckily it was our friends, and it was during the day.
There is an indoor pool/whirlpool that we didn't have time for. Breakfast was in the new "bistro" style cafe, and was decent(but not included). The cafe also had some sandwiches and light dinner items, along with Starbuck beverages,and cocktails.
All in all, it served our purpose for an overnight, and we would stay again.
FYI....no restaurants nearby-you'll have to drive.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Ellicott City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We had an event to attend in Middletown, NJ, and normally choose the Marriott Courtyard in Red Bank since we prefer Marriott. The lobby was remodeled since our last stay and has a more updated look to it, but no longer has complimentary coffee all day in the lobby. Coffee is available in the morning or you can pay for a cup of Starbucks coffee later in the day. There is a comfortable lounging area with television, and a computer station for printing boarding passes. If you need a glass of wine or beer, they have a small market where you can purchase chilled bottles of a limited selection. The room is average Courtyard material but the temperature control was good and and the fans quiet, and we appreciate the small fridge in the room. Wifi was available for free in the room too. We didn't use the pool this time but it's indoors and is about average but ok for kids. The hotel isn't very large and it was very easy for us to stay on the first floor and walk right down the hall to our car outside.

Room Tip: Don't get a room next to elevator or exterior door. We heard other guests complaining about the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Canyon Lake, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I just turned Platinum with Marriott and wanted to try it out at a property. This was the first trip I had taken as Platinum. This hotel was located about 15 minutes from where I needed to work and right off the Garden State Parkway. Pulling up on the first night, I could tell it was an older property. When you come into the lobby, it's been renovated to the "new" Courtyard standard, complete with a bar/bistro and work spaces. I wasn't offered a Platinum arrival gift, and had to come back down later and ask about it. Turns out it's only 200 points or a free drink from the market. Big deal. I get to the room and the first thing you notice is that they aren't very big, but the room did have a balcony. The room itself was clearly not new, but it did have a very big new flatscreen TV (I'm guessing 37"). The TV is on a long dresser which isn't in front of you when you're in the bed, but to the side. That was a little bit strange, but again not a big deal. The sink/vanity is small and is just outside the toilet/shower room. I wasn't sure but I believe it was lower than a typical "counter height" or "newer" vanity should be. There was a small refrigerator in the room which is hidden inside the dresser in a cabinet. I didn't even know it was there until about day 4. On the good side, the front desk manager/staff was friendly. The bistro staff was really friendly, and the chicken caesar salad I got to go one night was fresh and very tasty. Here's the real deal breaker for me. The beds are terrible. I noticed right away that the bed was VERY low to the ground. I mean like it reminded me of when I was in college and didn't know you're supposed to use bed frames. Or when I was in Japan and EVERYTHING was super low to the ground. That's how strange it was. And then when you lay down, the bed is SO hard, it felt like I was sleeping on a pull out couch that was 20 years old. My hips and knees literally hurt in the mornings from sleeping. The mattresses aren't pillow tops, they aren't plush, they are very thin, and even the sheets/bedding are old. I took it so far as to ask the management if perhaps I was in a room that hadn't been renovated, and asked if maybe other rooms had had their mattresses replaced. I was told no, the mattresses were not replaced. I would not stay here again unless it were only for one night and I absolutely had to be in Red Bank. I find it very disheartening that Marriott has spent so much money to make Courtyard lobbies look nice but haven't spent where it really counts, on the BEDS.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stayed here New Year's Eve following an event in the Highlands. The hotel was understandably busy but all of our needs were taken care of. Hallway noise was constant however, but maybe due to the special holiday circumstances it would be the case anywhere. Next day we gladly enjoyed our breakfast in the lobby cafe and the service was the one of the friendliest and courteous. I would certainly return.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

It's nice that the lobby was remodeled. The rooms are very tired/shabby, though. Echoing another review, the walls are SO thin, though, that it's impossible to get a decent night's sleep. You can literally hear every word spoken in the next room. It's awful.

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Lincroft Red Bank? Share your experiences!