“Upscale Dinning” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nicholas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 122 Restaurants in Red Bank
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Bt. Navesink River Rd & Pine Street
Transit: Red Bank train station
“Upscale Dinning”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a place for Foodies. If you like colorful items, sauces, and small portions at high prices this is the place. Service is impeccable and the food well prepared. There are several menus for your choosing. The wine list is exhaustive and of high quality. Fine dinning at it's best.

• Visited March 2014

Red Bank, New Jersey
“continues to set the standard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

There's not much you can add at this point. After all these years, awards and accolades, Nicholas continues to set the bar very high in Monmouth county for food and service. Top to bottom everything is extremely consistent.

I only wish we could see some different items on occasion as the dishes evolve but maybe another kind of fish? Maybe I wish I had more money so I could eat here more often.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cream Ridge, New Jersey
“fine dining in NJ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We went recently with two other couples after I had read the reviews on TA. One couple had been there before and said they would gladly go again. I read so much about the service that I wanted to see for myself. I found that the complimentary valet service probably is not necessary since the parking lot is right there, but it did add a nice touch. The menu is short , precise, as in any good establishment. I had the tasting menu, which was a six course meal, and each course was better than the last. My wife had the truffle tasting menu, although she wasn't too fond of the first course, all the others were great. One of my friend had the sea bass, which is my favorite fish. I tried some of his, and I found it pretty good, but not great. The service was amazing. The head waiter was friendly, informative, made great recommendations, and explained everything on the menu. As everyone has said before, this is not an inexpensive place. However, I have gone to many "fine" restaurants where I was disappointed by the food and service, this was not one of them. I would gladly return, for the food and the pampered service.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jersey Shore, NJ
“Worth the trip and the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is to me a "special occasion" restaurant and it certainly is not the price alone that makes it special. The ambiance is calming and quiet even though located on a busy highway, The service like the silverware, extremely polished. Everyone knows their tasks and perform them flawlessly. Ask about specific menu items and they can relate to taste, ingredients and preparation.
There are 4 different menus to choose from; a bar menu served only there, a three course menu, a tasting menu, and a Garden-vegetarian menu. The tasting menu may also be ordered with accompanying wines for each course. Since we drive to this restaurant this is not an option for us.
Champagne and wine is sold by the glass 1/2 bottle or bottle. Prices are reasonable and choices are plentiful from a $10.00 glass, $30.00 bottle, or anything between $30.00 and over $3,000.00.
On this visit we had the tasting menu which consisted of 4 courses and dessert. Each course has a choice of two items except for dessert which has three. I won't go through the courses except to tell you our final course prior to dessert was antelope. Farm raised in Texas, cooked medium rare, not at all gamy, and absolutely delicious. I only point this out to let you know this is probably the only restaurant where I would order a dish like this knowing it would be expertly prepared and cooked.
This is our fifth visit to Nicholas and certainly not our last. We try to go once or twice a year on our special occasions. Again not inexpensive but worth every penny.

• Visited December 2013
Red Bank, New Jersey
“The Best in New Jersey!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Amazing sophisticated food served in a beautiful space with impeccable service. We have come here many times on special occasions as a couple and with friends and have never been disappointed. Recently we had our wedding there with 50 guests and the entire event was incredible. Every guest was pampered and they left happy and satisfied. The owner, Nicholas Harary is a chef in his own right and he also selects these incredible wines that he now sells at a discount. He also has his own label champagne that for the price is hard to beat. The most mind blowing experience is going with two of our friends and we sat at the chef's table in the kitchen. Was it expensive? Yes. Was it worth it? Absolutely! If you are looking for large amounts of mediocre food then this place is not for you. Come here for the quality of the food and the attention to detail that very few restaurants in NJ or NYC for that matter can match.

• Visited December 2013