“I came back” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nicholas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 123 Restaurants in Red Bank
Transit: Red Bank train station
New Jersey
“I came back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

My first visit was to the Chef's Table in July 2010. I went back for a Holiday dinner with a friend. I had the Chef's Tasting Menu because I couldn't make a decision from the regular menu. I loved the Pickled Baby Beets, and the Day Boat Scallop. The Rabbit was incredible. I also loved the Peppermint Patty Desert. The service was fantastic. We even grabbed a table at the bar for an after dinner drink. I intend to go back as soon as I can. I have not been disappointed by anything at this place.

• Visited December 2011

New Jersey
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Its rave reviews are right on the money. Anyone who considers themselves a foodie must make it a point to visit this place. Food is fantastic, service is first-rate. It's expensive but worth it for special occasions.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Warren, New Jersey
“Not nearly as good as it once was”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Not nearly as good as I remembered! 3 years ago we had one of the best meals of our lives here so I couldn't wait to go back to celebrate a big anniversary with my wife. But I was very disappointed.
First the service, while friendly and professional, is hovering and intrusive. It's also way too gimmicky - explaining everything on our plate, lifting all the lids at the same time, constantly picking up and changing silverware, it's all so unnecessary.

But more important is the food. It's very eclectic, and if you're not a real foodie you will just think weird. But we're very adventurous so that is not the issue. But the portions are small - there are too many foams and gels, and our fish was dry and tasteless.
A single scallop or shrimp for an appetizer?

Something changed here!

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
princeton, new jersey
“A wonderful dining "experience"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Dinner at Nicholas is more than just eating a meal, it is a dining experience. The service, the presentation, and the food, well, the restaurant truly deserves all of the accolades that it gets. I hesitated to go to Nicholas for years because I just didn't want to believe the hype and I thought that it would be stuffy and the food would be overated. So friends of ours invited us as their guests, so I figured why not. Boy I have been missing out for all of this time. The staff is always lurking and attentive to every need, but it is not overbearing. We enjoyed the 5 course tasting menu and it was really good. I tried all things that I would not normaly eat and I really enjoyed each course. We didn't do the wine pairing because my friend is a wine connoisseur and he ordered wine separately. Very high class experience and not overpriced.

• Visited November 2011
Old Bridge, New Jersey
“THE ABSOLUTELY GREATEST PLACE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

My daughter chose this place for the reception of the Christening for my granddaughter. There were about 40 people including children. The four course meal was absolutely fabulous! Service was beyond! There were several different items to choose from for each course, and everyone said the food was exceptional. You would be hard pressed to find a better place to have a private function, or just a night out to have an enjoyable meal. This is definitely a place i would return to!

DON