“La Pastaria” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Manalapan, NJ
“La Pastaria”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were a pre-theater party of eight. We had a stuffed grouper special which was outstanding. The stuffing included spinach, ricotta and crab meat. The whole dinner experience was enjoyable, and the service was friendly. La Pastaria is a BYOB. We will go back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Holmdel, New Jersey
“May go back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is just another Italian restaurant where you eat average Italian food. Nothing special about it. Neither bad nor delightful.

“Went downhill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We went here last night for dinner as we had relatives in town that wanted a good italian meal. Well we should have went elsewhere. All of us were dissatisfied with our meals. I used to eat here all of the time. However we have not been in years. The food and service really went downhill. I am sad to say this as it used to be a favorite of ours. The bread was even stale

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hazlet, New Jersey
“Good Italian Fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Went here for Valentine's Day. The food was good with a friendly atmosphere. We started with Lobster Bisque and Spiedini ala Pastaria, and I would say the Spiedini was the star of the first course. The Bisque had a great flavor, but it seemed to lack any meat. For entrees my wife got the Grouper and I got the Stuffed Lobster Tails over Capellini. Both were very good, and we would certainly recommend either.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ocean, New Jersey
“go somewhere else!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had my son and future daughter-in-law rehearsal dinner at La Pastaria. We were sorry we had chosen this restaurant. We were told that we would have one side of the restaurant to ourselves unless the place was very busy and there were no other seats available. Well, we had made reservations 5 months ahead of time and when we arrived at the restaurant we were told we had a 45 minute wait!! Oh yeah, 2 tables in what was suppose to be our section, filled with people and the rest of the place was empty! The area was not ready for us and it was very confusing and unorganized and to say the least, very embarrassing in front of my family, daughter-in-law's family and bridal party. I did express my dissatisfaction with the manager, Jerry. It fell on deaf ears, and well, they really did not give a crap. My husband tried to give a congratulatory speech, and with the other people in our area who continued their conversations, it was impossible to hear him. It was like having strangers at your intimate affair.
There are some things in life that are not "do overs," it was not just a night out for dinner, it was a very special night for us. Jerry knew this as I have spoken with him many times before and reintegrated my concerns with him and he always said "No problem." We tired to make the best of a not so great situation but we all knew it was not handled correctly. I did write a letter to the owner about our experience and received no reply. I later found out that the manager is the owners son. So needless to say, none of us will ever go to this establishment again! I wish we had GONE SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

Visited July 2012