“Great food; good service but...” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Great food; good service but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Lovely restaurant with delicious food, which has just adequate portions for the main and lots of "fluff" for the surrounding parts of the plate. Our food was fresh, tasty and indeed, worthwhile enjoying. The service was very good.

We thought that the prices of all the meals was much higher than what we thought they should be. In comparison to an equal restaurant in NYC, we found that the prices here were about 22% higher, and for what reason, we don't know.

However, at the end of the meal, we went to the bathroom and found that there was no soap in both the ladies room and men's room. This was unacceptable.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Bellefonte, PA USA
“Give this place a try.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Had dinner here a few weeks back with 4 other couples. Had a nice upstairs table on a Friday night with wonderful service. Prices seemed a little high at first but when the food was brought to the table, the portion size was huge. My wife had a special calamari with a soy honey sauce that she said was the best non traditional calamari she ever had, this from a former manager of a large Italian place in North Jersey. Several people ha oysters which were fresh and crisp, I had the tuna duo which was superb. The entree's specials were also outstanding and such large portions with a another meal leftover. It is also a BYOB place so the bill doesn't really get out of hand. Do yourself a favor, go there split an app and have 2 entrees, you will have a nice lunch the following day,

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NY
“Great Place if you don't want to hear your guests”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I was in a party if 12. Our table was ready immeditaely, the Service was very attentive. The plus was it was BYOB. The food was good, lot's of choice and quality was good. It just was so so noisy I couldn't hear more than the person sitting directly next to me. My voice felt strained from trying to talk over all the noise. Wy doesn't this place invest in some baffles to drown the sound? I would not go back here again because I want my dining out to be a pleasureable experience both with food and atsmosphere. That is regrettable because the food was good.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
USA
“Obscenely Expensive Mediocre Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My first experience at this restaurant was so bad that it will be my last experience at Blue Water. I made a reservation for a business lunch. Upon arriving the hostess/waitress came in a tizzy from the back of the almost empty restaurant and never asked if we had a reservation but told us to, “just sit anywhere”. My two guests and I ordered the $18 lobster club sandwich. After waiting 45 minutes out came three BLT looking sandwiches, two of which were missing the accompanying French fries. No lobster was visible and upon lifting the bread I found lots of avocado, bacon, lettuce and a trace of lobster. Eighteen bucks for a BLLA (bacon, lobster, lettuce, avocado) sandwich with awful fries, is too much even for this pretentious Red Bank eatery.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Eatontown, New Jersey
“Great Seafood Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I met friends here and were pleased with the fish and service. The place is a bit noisy and pricey. If you want great seafood, I guess you pay the price.

• Visited July 2013