“Lively atmosphere, excellent food!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, American, Brew Pub, Eclectic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Train, bus
Description: Basil T's is one of New Jersey's first Brewpubs, featuring award winning handcrafted ales, 2002 and 2003 Great American Beer Festival Gold Medal winner. An open antipasto bar in the center of the dining room is the staring point of our interesting Italian menu. The menu features Brick Oven Pizza, Italian Regional Specialties, including pasta, risotto, meat and fish. Basil T's is Zagat rated and considered one of Monmouth counties best bars. Basil T's Mug Club is the largest in America with 1,000 members. Basil's serves 60 Italian Estate wines by the glass and has 6 Plasma TV's for the perfect view. Come and enjoy 19 years of Red Bank. Basil T's.
NJ
“Lively atmosphere, excellent food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Basil T's was great! My mom, sister, cousin, aunt and I were in Red Bank for a spa day & Basil T's was recommended to us by friends/family. The restaurant was pretty noisy but it felt lively. Our table was wobbly when we first sat down (so much so that we were afraid we were going to break glasses), but our waitress sent someone over to take care of it right away. The food was fantastic! I had the Rigatoni Melanzane and it was really delicious. Our waitress was really friendly and even went out of her way to tell me about how they cook the eggplant for the dinner I had ordered. Everyone's food was great, my sister enjoyed her gnocchi, my mom had the ravioli special available that evening and it was yummy. The pasta was all homemade and you could absolutely tell, compliments to the chef(s). My cousin and aunt shared a pizza and they both were really happy their meal as well. The food is on the pricey side and the menu may seem limited to some, but what they do have on the menu is excellent and done right. I would definitely recommend it and would definitely go again if I were in the area.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Brick, New Jersey
“Overpriced and noisy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Was put in a table in a corner, with a lovely view of empty boxes. While most of my party found the food good (not fabulous), the halibut (2 of us ordered it) was overcooked. The server brought a 2nd meal, but by then most had finished their entrees. The only thing she took off the bill was 2 beers (big deal!). At $32 for the entree I expected a lot more. The restaurant is noisy; several times we had to ask to repeat things. Clearly, she wasn't happy with things. They charge $15 for salads, which which we assumed we could split. However, they were so big, the server should have told us they would feed 3. Without coffee or dessert, but with 2 drinks, it still cost us $60 per person. I could for less in NYC and certainly a lot better on the Shore. I can't believe people were willing to wait 90 minutes for a table.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Haven, Connecticut
“Great Brewery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This gem was located almost across the street from The Molly Pitcher Inn where I was staying. We decided to go try out the beer and have a quick lunch. We choose the beer smaller which i believe was about 12 bucks with a hearty sampler of all their beers. We ordered pizza for lunch and this pesto grilled corn on the cob appetizer which was scrumptious! The place was decorated early and surrounded with fresh tomatoes and garlic everywhere. Very authentic. Service was great! Def would recommend :)

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best homemade Italian food in the area!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is usually very crowded at dinner time but the wait is never more than 20 minutes to half an hour. The service is great and the waiters are knowledgable about the food and are very attentive. The food is AMAZING and is probably the best Italian food I've ever had. I recommend any pasta dish-- my favorites are the sunday sauce and the orecchiette with broccoli rabe and sausage -- and the pizza is to die for! Great place for date night with my boyfriend too ;)

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Naples, Florida
“Lots of choices for good Italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Went with a group to Basil T's and the food was very good. Great specials and the entress were delicious. Very crowded for a weeknight, too.

Visited July 2013