“Would not be back, over rated!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ramsey
Ste-Marguerite-du-lac-Masson
“Would not be back, over rated!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Let me get this clear, it is not the worst hotel I've stayed in, but for a 3 star hotel, I was definitely not pleased with my stay. I booked through priceline, and I was very unsatisfied. The rooms are old, small, cheap beds, the halls smell like people have been smoking there a lot, the floor of our room was very very crooked, even gave me a bad headache. The bed sheets were really cheap and smelled industrial soap (wayyy too much), and to top it off, we asked to change rooms but the hotel was full...Can't understand why. The breakfast was included, but quite frankly the worst I'd had in a long time and except at the front desk, I couldn't be answered in English. Definitely over priced for the "quality" of your stay. BUT, the lady at the front desk was very friendly. By the way, no pool, no gym in the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN the Inn at Ramsey, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
dexibelk,
I am sorry you were not satisfied with your stay. Please call me so I can address your complaints and arrange a future stay that you will be fully satisfied with. We are a very busy hotel and we are often sold out as we offer a good value and very affordable rates compared to our local competition. As you mentioned the gym and pool are off-site. We offer free passes to the New York Sports Club (a $25.00 value) they are the premier full service fitness center in our area, they have a lap pool which is also available free to our hotel guests. The New York
Sport Club is within walking distance of our hotel 1/8 of a mile.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Greg Wolf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

good value, convenient location. Our room was of an adequate size, very clean. Bed was comfortable, pillows were standard. Microwave and a refrigerator in the room. Bathroom was very clean, no complains.
The only problem we had - very thin wall between us and a "finally got a room" couple. They were not too loud, it's just the walls of the hotel are too thin. We had to make our TV much louder to give them some privacy. Beware of thin walls, guests of Best Western, Ramsey. :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

this hotel is terrible!! The rooms smelled really bad, the floors were uneven, Found hair in our shower and on the floor, ripped sheets, burn hole in the decorative blanket...the list could go on! There was very little seating for breakfast! The manager of the hotel was extremely rude!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed February 2013
gwolf1315, General Manager at BEST WESTERN the Inn at Ramsey, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Behap1,

I apologize if you were insulted when you were advised that we do not permit guests to bring there breakfast from our breakfast room and eat it in our lobby. As you know we do have a separate breakfast room that seats 30 people. You angrily stated that there was no seats available in our breakfast room. I replied to you okay, in that case, and I went to verify what you had stated. When I went in there I found 4 tables were available. When I returned that I was informed you had left the lobby making angry comments. I was not my intentions to insult you. Our guests generally eat in the breakfast room , take food to their rooms to eat or take it to go and leave the hotel. I can not recall a previous incident where a guest advised me there was no seating available in the breakfast room. Again my apologies if you felt I was being rude.

Concerning your many complaints about our guest room(s) It is unfortunate you did not bring any of your complaints to our attention so we could verify them and immediately correct the problems. Please be assured that the complaints you described in no way represents our guest rooms. Our guest rooms are inspected thoroughly on a daily basis. Among the many areas we inspect includes making certain our rooms do not have an odor, we use an ionize machine in any room with a noticeable odor to remove the odor. In most cases the ionize machine will completely remove the odor. If the odor is not removed we will take other measures, such as shampooing the carpet and dry clean the drapes. In some extreme cases we will replace the carpet if necessary or any other item that is causing an odor.

We also check the all areas of the guestroom and bathrooms to make sure they are properly cleaned and that there is no damaged room items. When we find a damaged item we immediately repair it or replace it. As a result of thorough attention to guest rooms we have consistently received top scores on our semi-annual Best Western Quality assurance guest room inspections over the last 7 years.

Again I apologize for your dissatisfaction and I can assure you that should you decide to return to our hotel your stay will be a pleasant one. Please contact me directly to make your next reservation.

Greg Wolf
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My hubby & I stayed the Best Western Hotel in Ramsey,NJ during a storm that caused a blackout. The place & room was clean we had a jacuzzi tub. The bed was very comfortable &the room was warm they also provide free WIFI There was a coupon in our room for a pizza delivery.
The breakfast was good.
We would go back if we had another blackout.

Room Tip: Ask for a jacuzzi room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Goshen, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This Best Western is on Route 17 and is near several other chain motels. I picked it because it was the least expensive and had mostly good reviews. I agree. The room was well equipped, and, although the carpeting was old and needed replacing, it was clean. The bed was comfortable. There was free wifi in the rooms, a delicious cookie upon arrival and an excellent hot buffet breakfast included. The staff were very accommodating. The room keys sometimes didn't work and the security doors which were supposed to be locked at night, were left open. There is a good AAA and AARP discount.

Room Tip: There is no elevator. Rooms in the 200s require you to carry your bags up one flight of stairs.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Just an average motel. The front-desk staff were very nice, and handed out warm cookies when we arrived. The room was a bit beat up--most noticeably, the floor wasn't level, and it felt a bit like being on a sinking ship. I was told that the foundation is sinking. Doesn't seem to affect all the rooms, however, though you can see it if you walk down the hallway. Our room was behind Rt 17 and the gas station, not too noisy but you can certainly hear the highway (as well as the noisy air conditioner). Breakfast is decent. It wasn't expensive but there are a lot of newer options in this area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN the Inn at Ramsey? Share your experiences!