“Best Restaurant in Bergen County” 5 of 5 stars

201.962.9400
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Local Seasonal Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 78 Restaurants in Ramsey
Cuisines: Organic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: N. Central
New Jersey
“Best Restaurant in Bergen County”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I have been to Local 3 times since it opened in February and have never been disappointed. Our first visit for a Valentine's Day dinner convinced us that this restaurant was special and we would be coming back often. My husband's favorite app is the tuna sashimi with avocado, and mine is just about everything that I have tasted there, the beet salad, the burratina, the egg raviolo. The menu changes with the seasons and every dish that we have had has been fresh with amazing flavors and beautifully presented. I didn't write a review until now because I knew that once the word got out, it would be difficult to make a reservation. Well, the word is out! Yesterday I made a reservation for my birthday, August 23rd. Plan your evening out at Local, book early and you will be raving about your dinner to everyone!

• Visited February 2013

New Jersey
“Best new restaurant in a long time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Four of us wen tto dinner here a few weeks ago - varied tastes, varying degrees of trying new things. The staff and service put us at ease with their attentiveness and knowledge.
Then there was the food. Four different appetizers, four different entrees, four different desserts - and each to rave reviews. Much sharing was had.
I am not going to say "i've eaten here, I've eaten there" etc. All I can tell you is that we had a perfect time. Worth it on so many levels, and can work for so many different types of groups. The best "new thing" to hit Bergen county dining in a long time.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Simply Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

There is nothing bad or even slightly negative I can say about this local gem. Don't be fooled by the not-so-fancy exterior. The restaurant is in the strip mall and looks kinda dingy from the outside. Once you walk inside, you realize it is going to be a great night! The interior is beautifully decorated. It has a very romantic yet relaxed feel about it. But who cares what it looks like...let's talk about food. It is fantastic! The restaurant is farm-to-table with the freshest local produce. I had tuna sashimi as an appetizer and scallops as a main course. Wow, just wow! My husband and I are foodies. We've been to pretty much every great BYO in the area and were very impressed with this place. It is pricey but the food and the overall experience worth it. Do yourself a favor and get a reservation.

• Visited July 2013
Lee, New Hampshire
“Creative, Fresh and Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I'm going to make this brief...best meal we've had out in a long time. Everything was just right. Friendly and attentive service. Food was flavorful and original. Local definitely deserves the praise it's receiving.

• Visited July 2013
Harrington park
“Tasting menu at chefs table”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Had a delicious dinner. We did the five course tasting menu, and it was superb. The chefs table for 8 is set off from the rest of the diners, which is a very nice touch. Will return....

• Visited May 2013