“Always good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Houlihan's

Houlihan's
706 State Route 17, Ramsey, NJ (Formerly Houlihan's Restaurant)
+1 201-934-7222
Dining options: Late Night
Monroe, New York
“Always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We've been here many times and are never disappointed. Wait time for the food is sometimes too long, but the food always makes up for it and they don't rush you out. They also have a gluten free specific menu with several options. The best part is that they have a dedicated fryer so you can have the french fries without any worry!

Family/friends love the jambalaya, pot roast, and the french dip. Creme brulee for dessert is a hit (and g-free)!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alex H, Public Relations Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We're very glad to hear you enjoyed our menu options. We look forward to serving you again.

“Great Food , Great Bar Service, Cozy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This great restaurant is in a very strategic location. Easy to get from Ramsey and neighboring towns of Upper Saddle River, On Rte 17 North.
We often go there when we have family celebrations. The food is good and liked by all our family members. Service is very good, and with a smile. Go there you'll see what I mean.

Visited December 2012
Alex H, Guest Relations Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thanks for your comments. We appreciate your business.
Glen Rock ,NJ
“This Houlihan's used to be better...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

After waiting 25 minutes for a table (the usual wait time for a Saturday evening) they found use one by the bar. After waiting nearly an hour our appetizers and food arrived at the same time? The Buffalo wings were chewy, the lettuce in the Cesar salad was aging, our nachos were cold and soggy and the Filet Minion steak was tough. By the time our waitress came to our table (45 mins later) we were ready to leave.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Alex H, Guest Relations Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thanks for your comments. We appreciate your comments and important feedback. I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at Houlihan's. If you would like to email me I can connect your with the Area Manager via email so we can assess the opportunities please let me know.
My email address is mgood58478@aol.com if you wish to contact me shortly or for any of your Houlihan's needs.
Thanks again for your feedback.
Bothell, Washington
“Great service, huge portions!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to my husband and I while we were visiting from Seattle and it was a great find! The portions were huge (the appetizers alone were filling) and the service was great. The menu is like that of a TGI Friday's or a Red Robin, which I loved. The bar area was really spacious and comfortable and we loved that we were able to eat late at night since we are both night owls and arrived in New Jersey later than expected. We liked this restaurant so much that we came back a second time, even though we were only staying in New Jersey for a few days. Had the same waitress the second time and it was nice to be recognized. If we find ourselves in the area again, we'll definitely return.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Alex H, Guest Relations Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thanks for you comments. We appreciate your business.
Florida
“Place is dirty looking and the food was....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We have Houlihans in Orlando and it is OK, so when I saw Houlihans near my hotel in Ramsey I said "sure, gve it a try" - The place look and feels dirty. Now I'm sick of restaurants that offer a Pint or a silly 22oz glass, when the pint is 14 or 15oz and not 16oz. I asked the guy behind the bar what he recommended and he said Swiss Mushroom Burger - OK, I will have Medium/Rare - Thank you for the well done burger. It seemed like it may have visited the microwave as the entine bun, cheese, mushroom was infused together! If you find yourself outside this Houlihans, drive about a mile further and go to Smash Burger or Antonys Coal Fired Pizza. NOT GOOD

Visited September 2012
Alex H, Guest Relations Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Hi, I am sorry you had a bad experience at Houlihan's in Ramsey. If you would like to contact me at mgood58478@aol.com I can discuss this with you further. I am truly sorry and would like the chance to make it up to you.
Thanks