Pros: excellent staff, fairly clean common areas, lots of free parking, in a quiet area
1) apparent black mold issue. First sign of this would be the awkward smell that is obvious in some areas of the hotel, including some of the conference rooms. Also, two visible clusters of mold on the ceiling of their main ballroom. Also, an AC vent in the hallway ceiling of the third floor was covered in mold. I would be wiling to bet that there is more mold that is not visible. My allergies indicate that there are air quality issues in this hotel.
2) leaking roof / AC systems in the conference rooms. Watch where you sit, as they might start dripping on you without warning.
3) no free wifi (about $13 for 24 hour time period)
4) rooms have seen a better day, which is true of many older hotels, however, the level of cleanliness is also below par. Stain on the bed sheet, pillow case, as well as hair on the bathroom sink counter. Downright nasty if you ask me.
5) pay to have your car valet parked, or don't even think about parking up front to unload your luggage. The parking lot is a good hike from the front door. I was told that parking up front is not allowed, because it is a "fire lane." I respected this directive, until I witnessed the valet staff park upwards of 10 cars in the fire lane at any given point of the day. Fire lane enforced, unless you pay $10 plus a tip.
6) the gym is small and not at all capable of handling the number of persons using it, especially when a conference is in town. Small and very warm environment will not allow you to maintain your workout routine while at this hotel. There is, however, a running / walking trail that passes through the property. I would recommend using this trail, rather than waiting for a treadmill.
7) the food being served is average-to-poor. Quality is average, while the selection is poor. The staff are great, which helps, but the entire restaurant needs reworked.
8) bar closes way too early, especially on Fridays and weekends. Plenty of places to drink in Princeton that are open later and are actually much cheaper, so consider going out.
9) uncomfortable beds and pillows.
Overall, I must give this hotel a "poor" rating, especially on the basis on cleanliness and air quality. I would never take my wife and / or family to this hotel for pleasure. You will survive a business trip. The overall feel of the hotel is old and worn out. It is a shame that this hotel is in this type of condition, especially considering that it has "Princeton" attached to its name. Corporate Marriott would to be happy with this place. I travel multiple times a year for business and pleasure. I typically remain positive, but am also honest. Consider this hotel carefully before booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Midway between New York City and Philadelphia, this Princeton hotel provides meeting and conference space, comfortable accommodations and other amenities. Perfect for business or family vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Princeton Marriott at Forrestal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princeton Marriott Hotel And Conference Center At Forrestal
- Marriott Princeton