“Nice location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Princeton Marriott at Forrestal

You added Princeton Marriott at Forrestal to your Saves list
Princeton Marriott at Forrestal
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 College Road East, Princeton, NJ 08540 (Formerly Doral Forrestal)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Middletown, Delaware
“Nice location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We recently stay at this location. It is close to everything yet set back off the main roads. It allows you to get away for the hustle. The grounds are quiet and secluded.
The parking lot is quite a hike but they do offer valet service. There also are not many options on accessing the parking. So when the weather is awful as it was during our stay retrieving something left behind in the car is miserable.
The room was clean. Bed a little hard. Pillows ok. Shower was great but the tub was very slippery. We had our children with us and I had concern. We were able to get a mat for the tub.
Pool was great. Really nice design for parents with kids especially little ones.
Nice gym. Used the equipment. Everything seemed to be in working order.
No free breakfast. The buffet at the restaurant was nice but super expensive. No free Internet. Sucks when you have Tweens and teens.
Although, our room price was decent once we added in all the extras not the best choice economically.
We also had someone repeatedly smoking in our section of the hotel.(cigar). The hotel was quick to respond with deodorizer for the hallway but no investigation was done to stop the offender. I didn't pay for a room that smelled like an ashtray. I paid for a smoke free establishment.
Overall this hotel is quite nice. Our stay was nice. I'm not sure I would stay again but I can't really say I wouldn't.
I would recommend the Hampton Inn which is a short distance away. Bigger rooms, free breakfast and wifi. I will always check there first for availability.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Newburgh, New York, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Extremely nice hotel with a spa inside of it which is why my fiance and I wanted to go to this one however, it was extremely expensive. I had reserved a package with spa credits that I was under the impression covered both massages which was not the case. Also, they did not have complimentary wifi or breakfast in the morning. I was satisfied with the spa treatments but not the hotel or its secluded location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tristen M, Guest Relations Manager at Princeton Marriott at Forrestal, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your spa treatments. Our spa package includes your guest room at a discounted rate as well as a monetary value which you may use towards any spa treatments you choose. I do apologize that it did not cover both of your massages, as you thought.

As we operate as a full service Marriott, we do not offer complimentary breakfast or internet as you would see in some select service Marriott hotels. However, we do also offer room packages that would include breakfast for two or complimentary WiFi.

Thank you very much and we hope to see you again soon.
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We had a very great relaxing time here. The lobby is very welcoming and the concierge people were very helpful. The spa service was great!

Sunday brunch is served at the restaurant on site and not included in the room price. It has several selections including warm and cold items. On the other days we just bought breakfast items a-la-cart from whatever was available.

This hotel is great if you have a car otherwise you will have to depend on their shuttle and there will not be much flexibility in getting around to see the area. Nassau Street is just 10 minutes drive by car. Ignore the outlet mall information in their brochure because that outlet just off route one from the hotel is non existent.

As usual we enjoyed Princeton area and this particular hotel was new to us but it was another great choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are glad to know you enjoyed your spa treatment. You are correct in that our shuttle does operate on a first come, first served basis. However, if you do make a reservation, we are able to transport anywhere in a 5 mile radius at no charge.

Thank you for letting us know about the incorrect outlet mall information. I do apologize for that. If you remember which brochure mentions this, please contact me at tristen.whiteman@marriott.com so I can make sure this information is updated. Thank you very much and we hope to see you again soon!
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have stayed at many many marriotts. I used a free night certificate to stay here. While this is not the most luxurious marriott around, it certainly is very nice, and peaceful. The bathrooms and bedrooms are pretty modern and the typical nice bedding duvet etc. The only thing I would mention is the wallpaper should be changed but everything else was in good shape. The lobby is pleasant. The pool area looks just ok to me. I have seen nicer indoor pool areas at other marriotts. Short drive to the beautiful town of Princeton. The grounds of the hotel are pretty.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the serenity of our guest rooms and lobby. I will make sure to mention your suggestions about the wallpaper to my management team. Thank you again, and we hope you return soon.
New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We were thrilled with the clean quarters, friendly service, and quality food. We purchased the "romance package", which included chocolate covered strawberries and champagne, a late check-out, and the breakfast. Everything was excellent, with a particular emphasis on breakfast. I have been to this conference center for a returning conference each of the last four years as a presenter, although this was the first time staying in a room. Everyone always raves about the food. We were very pleased with the experience and consider the quality well worth the cost.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the amenities included in our romance package. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Forrestal for 4 days for an internal conference. Everything worked very well. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and all the facilities were very good. The site is in a very nice setting with beautiful grounds. The public areas in the hotel are spacious and attractive. The food in the restaurants is good.

The rooms are large and comfortable, with a comfortable bed. The bathroom was good if small with a decent shower. The view from my room, and I believe others was not great, surprisingly given the attractive surroundings. The furnishing were looking a bit tired and need to be replaced, especially the wallpaper.

There was wifi which worked well. It is normally charged ($12.95) but was included in our conference package rate.

Overall a very good choice for a company meeting.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for businesss. A beautiful location, large king sized room with a very comfortable mattress, very friendly staff but after paying $200 a night plus tax please don't charge anoher $13 a day for internet. The wooded area surrounding the parking lot is peaceful but be forwarned the trek to the hotel is over a cobblestone drive that is a bit bumpy for wheeled luggage. Would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are glad to know you enjoyed your accommodations as well as your interaction with our staff. We appreciate your feedback on the internet pricing and I will ensure to pass it on to our ownership team. If you do return for business, please be aware that you may utilize the complimentary wireless internet in our lobby. Thanks again!

Been to Princeton Marriott at Forrestal? Share your experiences!