“Nice property, welcoming staff.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Princeton Marriott at Forrestal

You added Princeton Marriott at Forrestal to your Saves list
Princeton Marriott at Forrestal
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 College Road East, Princeton, NJ 08540 (Formerly Doral Forrestal)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Nice property, welcoming staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have used this property for business trips on a number of occassions over the past couple of years. The hotel is situated just off Rt. 1, pretty secluded in a wooded area. It is different from other Marriotts I have used being a lodge type property with just 4 floors but very wide with a large conference centre filling one wing. The hotel is about 15 mins. drive from Princeton centre and a car is essential as you cannot walk easily to any place.
There is a good size indoor swimming pool at the property and the fitness room is good and open 24 hours with your room cardkey
Rooms are standard Marriott type with a small fridge and coffe/tea maker - nothing special but more than adequate.
During the week, the hotel has a high percentage of business visitors either staying or using the conference facilities. The bar is generally lively during the evening but I find the bar food expensive. Breakfast is also relatively expensive unless you can get it as part of the rate. There is a concierge lounge open from Sunday evening to Friday morning for Marriott gold card and above members.
I have found the staff to be without exception welcoming and helpful - always willing to greet you when entering the hotel. Other than around the bar area, that is well away from the bedrooms, the hotel is quiet even when full.
For business I would have no hesitation recommendng this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Shalimar, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This use to e a really nice hotel. A definite 4 star. I lived in Plainsboro and would use this hotel as a weekend get away with the wife to use up points. Stayed here on business a couple of years later and boy is it tired and dirty! I would give it a 2 maybe 2.5 now. Staff could care less too. There are a lot of other places to stay that are much better. Unfortunately I cannot mention them by name but go for something that begins with an H, W or a C but don't stay here....Unfortunately :-(

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tristen M, Guest Relations Manager at Princeton Marriott at Forrestal, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Harry W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I would like to apologize that on this recent business trip we did not live up to your previous expectations. We will definitely look into your concerns and work to improve in these areas. Please let me know the next time you plan to come back , I would like to have the chance to rectify your last experience.

Thank you.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My son and I have been staying here for at least four years, twice a year for vacation. We absolutely recommend it! The place is situated in a 'woodsy' area and gives the impression of being in a remote little village all by itself. The grounds are kept meticulously and if you're looking for somewhere quiet...this is your place! The pool is open extended hours and it is tremendous! Much larger than the average hotel pool. It is a conference center/spa, but we go 'off-season' and it's it quite empty. The food in the hotel restaurant is quite good, and offers 'kid's meals', as well. My son and I love(!) to play pool and shuffleboard in the back of the restaurant/bar and I can't say enough about the staff! Their new manager, Brian, is both friendly and professional! We just love to go there! Everyone on his staff is so obliging to any request you may have and have wonderful, friendly personalities. I could go on and on, I could name names, but I don't have the time. Hope to see you all soon! You can't make a mistake staying here. And, let them know 'montelore' sent you.....Enjoy!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've stayed here a few times now and have been imressed both times by the hotel. The layout is definetly un-Marriott, but that probably why I enjoyed this hotel. The grounds are almost like a resort, which comes as a surprise to those familiar w/ the busy Rt 1 corridor. There's a healthy, but scenic walk, from the parking lot to the front entrance. To those who complain about the walk, valet!

My only gripe is that the pool area is seriously dated, but thats the least of my worries. Having an indoor pool to swim in is always a treat.

All in all a great place to stay in the Princeton area... close to Princeton, Trenton, New Brunswick, yet off the beaten path just enough to relax and unwind!

Room Tip: Dont waste your time w/ the elevator if youre on the 2nd or 3rd floors. The stairs are a lot quicker
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We checked into the Marriott Forrestal hotel on Christmas Day as we have a flight to catch the following morning. When we checked in, the front desk presented us with a box of chocolates and two restaurant vouchers since my husband is a platinum member but the executive lounge was closed for Christmas. That was very thoughtful. I brought along with me some pasta that my mother in law made for Christmas. The front desk arranged for room service to deliver a mircowave to our room when my husband called the front desk to see where we could heat up the food. We have been Marriott members since 2004 and this is the very first time that I see such awesome service. The hotel is beautiful and has a rustic feel. The only drawback is its carpark - It's really far from the entrance. I dread dragging our luggage bags in a bitter cold winter in order to reach the entrance. But overall, a very lovely experience for us.

Room Tip: You might want to consider a room that is closer to the front desk. The hotel is huge.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tristen M, Manager at Princeton Marriott at Forrestal, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you very much for the kind words! As a loyal Platinum guest you do also receive complimentary valet parking. You don't have to worry about dragging your luggage through the parking lot the next time you visit, just pull right up front!

Warm Regards,
Tristen
Executive Assistant
Basking Ridge, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We returned this afternoon from a 3-night stay at the Marriott at Forrestal, and we are still having trouble shaking off the meditative state it induced!

Wonderful, incredibly relaxing place, especially for couple and mother/daughter spa days. We had a couples massage the day after we arrived — my masseuse was very good (not excellent – but then I'm a massage afficianado). It was his first, and he's now hooked ;) Steam room and sauna were a great add-on to the massage.

Aprés-spa, we wandered in a trance over to the heated pool/whirlpool, which is in a beautiful atrium setting. Watching the snow drift down on the windowed walls and roof while sipping a cocktail in the whirlpool...priceless!

The pool area was not crowded at any time during our stay, and we had it to ourselves on a few occasions. The heated pool was the perfect temperature complement for the whirlpool: Just a little shocking when you jump in but soon just right for a swim. It was such a great place to park that we only made it in to Princeton for dinner and a drink one night.

I could go on and on... service was very attentive (they brought a microwave and dishes to our room so we could heat up some leftovers). As Platinum members, we also had complementary buffet breakfast each morning, and received a dinner voucher for their on-premises restaurant one night as well. (Turkey BLT and burgers were good.)

We used points for our visit but the regular room rates looked very reasonable.

All-in-all, we felt very pampered, and we are already trying to figure out when we can return.

Room Tip: We stayed on the Concierge Level, where they served a (limited) hot & cold buffet weekdays only...
Jax, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Having stayed at several Marriott's over the years, we found this to be spa like, though complete with the needs business travelers have come to expect ! We enjoyed the quiet setting, with tennis, an indoor pool, and fitness center, along with trails around the property that were especially pretty in the fall, with the changing leaves.

Massages and a pampering salon are present on site, too. A sunken bar, restaurant and fireplace lounge make for a cozy spot at the end of any day.

Going into Princeton is about a 15 minutes car ride. Highly recommend !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Princeton Marriott at Forrestal? Share your experiences!