“Nice, older hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston, Texas
“Nice, older hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My partner and I enjoyed two nights here during his final two days of singing with Opera New Jersey. It is an older hotel that seems to have had some decent renovations. Our stay was very nice. Friendly front desk staff, clean room, and a very comfortable bed. It is a very good choice for anyone staying in the Princeton area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Gina R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for staying with us during your last trip to Princeton! I’m glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. The front desk staff enjoys making every guest feel right at home when they enter our doors! The housekeeping team works tirelessly to make sure our rooms are tip top! We have specially made mattresses, which are part of DoubleTree by Hilton’s Sweet Dreams collection, in every room throughout the hotel. These mattresses are sure to leave you feeling well rested the next day!
Your kind words will be passed along to the department heads. Thank you again for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you again and soon!(^_^)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We have been traveling for a couple years with two small kids and had stay with DoubleTree before. This is one of the worst hotel we came cross recently. I got four rooms through priceline for family trip to Sesame Place. The price was reasonable for a 3.5 star hotel. Unfortunately, when arrived to check in and was told there are only King rooms available. But we had 4 families with 9 kids. Obviously, we can sleep in the King only rooms. We were told there's nothing they can do because we got the rooms from Priceline and they only have to provide rooms to sleep two people. The front desk supervisor said that's what we can expect because we got "good" price through Priceline. The comment really made mad and I asked to speak to the manager. They then hand me a card for "Gina Rinaldo", who is the general manage for the hotel. But she can't be reached until Monday. We started to calling priceline. Sam from the front desk was able to find us 4 double bed rooms with sofa beds. However, the rooms were reserve for handicaps, no refrigerator, not clean, small..... Sofa bed was smaller than full size for my two kids. Definitely not stay with this hotel again. Also have to think twice about DoubleTree in future travels.

• Stayed July 2012
Gina R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
I would first like to thank you for staying with us during your last visit to the Princeton area. I would also like to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay, please understand our goal is never to make anyone uncomfortable.

Priceline is a third party reservation system that pulls the most available room on that day. We have no problems, and in fact, enjoy meeting requests and changing bed types if we have them available. We strive to please our guests. Unfortunately during the time of your booking our most available bed type was a king room, due to the large group that we had in house. I do apologize for this not being explained properly and or any inconvenience that this may have caused. We would all love for you to come back and give us, as well as DoubleTree, another chance to warm your heart and put on smile on your face. If you have any more comments or concerns, please feel free to contact the hotel directly. Thank you again for your time, and have a wonderful weekend. (^_^)
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stayed on Double Tree on Nov 2011 for 5 days business trip.
The hotel rate is the best in the area, and it included free breakfast.
The only problem that I had was the bugs during my stay, and these are the reasons I gave 2 stars on my rating:
1. When I woke up in the morning the next day, I found several bed bugs on my bed and under my pillows. At first, I just killed 2 of them right away; however, when I found more under my pillows and I put them inside the drinking glass. I immediately showed the bed bug to the hotel staff, and her first reaction was she thought I was trying to scam them or something.

I told them that I stayed in Hilton a lot for my business trip and I am a Diamond member with Hilton!
Later on, they apologized and moved me to a different room. They did not charge me for that night. I really appreciated their effort to get things right.

2. Several days later as I stayed in the new room, I found several stinky bugs crawling on my room and bathroom. I called the hotel staff again and showed them the stinky bugs, and her reaction was this is a normal thing around here and they are HARMLESS.
She even told me, these stinky bugs appeared in her house all the times.
My thought was, "My goodness lady! I am staying in a hotel, NOT your house!"
As she assured me they were harmless and rarely bite people, I still requested them to make sure the house keeping clean the room very well.

I called Hilton head quarters to inform them about this and I never received any proper response or written apology from them.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Greetings and thank you for staying with us! Congratulations on your Diamond status and thank you for the continued support of the Hilton brand. I would like to take this time to apologize for some of the issues you faced while you were staying with us.

I had a conference with front office manager in regards to the proper terminology one should use while handling such delicate matters. That was not a proper response. During the winter months we do sometimes get visitors looking for a warm place. They are in fact indigenous to the area and harmless. I can understand the concern, as they can become a nuisance for travelers.

In regards to the issue with Hilton Headquarters, please feel free to contact the hotel so that we may further discuss this. Also, if you have any other comments or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.

We would love for you to come back and stay with us again to allow us to rectify those wrongs and leave your heart feeling as warm as our cookies. I thank you for your business, and we all hope that you return soon! (^_^)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Hotel is older, but clean and well maintained. Very quiet. Spacious room. Great front desk staff. Had a nice stay, no complaints!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Gina R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent stay! I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the time you spent with us. Our front desk staff strives to make everyone fell welcome and right home. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon!
Amherst
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

After four days at the Double Tree, I can say it was a great stay. The staff went out of their way to make sure we got first-class treatment. When we came late for lunch, the breakfast/lunch restaurant manager Annette went beyond the call of duty to make sure we got lunch and great service. The room was nicely-appointed and very clean -- and the beds were amazingly comfortable! I don't know who's running the hotel there, but they are doing a great job with customer service.

Room Tip: If you have Hilton points, the points + payment option is a tremendous value.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hello, and thank you for recent stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Princeton! We strive to uphold our C.A.R.E. motto, which is “creating a rewarding experience”; which Annette has done nicely. Your kind words will be passed along to her and the rest of the restaurant staff. Our housekeeping staff works tirelessly to make sure rooms meet both the in house and Hilton standard of clean before the rooms can be occupied. The mattresses on all the beds are a DoubleTree standard that you will only find at DoubleTree properties. Thank you again for staying, and we hope to see you again soon!
Waterbury, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My son and I stayed here a few weeks back and I must say "this hotel is not that great." The Front Desk staff were pretty friendly but not very helpful with any concerns that I had about my room or the pool area. The tub in our room would fell up with water while taking a shower and the pool had alge growing around the deck edge of the pool and this was unacceptable to me. However with-in 15 minutes they sent up a maintaince man Andre and I believe he went above and beyond to help us with our issues. I tried to give him $20 bucks tips and he said no thanks ma'am. And by later that evening he was scrubbing the edge of the pool.

The beds are have comfortable here which were great because all we did after games was lay in bed. The Restaurant food is great but the meals are small and the prices way to high. The room was small but clean. The garbage by the entrance we used was not changed all weekend and the parking lots were always full of trash during the morings. This is not the best or average I have seen from a Hilton. I would only stay here again, if I totally had to.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Good Afternoon! I would first like to thank you for taking the time to write this review as well as for staying at our property. We truly appreciate your business. I can see that you had some concerns during your stay, but allow me to apologize for the inconvenience. We have addressed the issue concerning the pool and your kind comments have been passed onto Andre.

In regards to the trash cans, the issue has been addressed with housekeeping and we will keep an issue like this from happening again. From all of us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Princeton, we would love for you to come back and give us a second chance. I’m sure you will not leave here disappointed! Thank you again for staying, and have a wonderful summer!
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Had a room on the executive floor which was very well appointed and maintained. Very clean. The executive lounge staff is exceptionally attentive and helpful. The business center left a bit to be desired. Used it twice and had unbelievably slow internet connections and problems loading websites. Another guest was having similar problems on the second computer in the center. I had to give up trying to print an important document after trying to do so from both machines. I complained about this at the front desk upon checkout and I got an excuse instead of an apology .. "they were working on upgrading the system earlier this week. I'll let someone know."

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
First, I would like to take the time to extend my gratitude to you for choosing our hotel for your accommodations; we really appreciate your business. The executive lounge staff is a very special group. They understand the hustle and bustle of the morning rush to get to work, so they try to make it as easy as possible for you to get a quick breakfast and have you on your way. Your kind words will be passed on to them.

I must greatly apologize for the issues you experienced with our business center. As you were told at the front desk, we are currently updating our internet and computers in our business center. I must also apologize for the front desk agent not assisting you with your printing needs, since our business center was currently malfunctioning. We have fixed those issues and our business center is now in full working order. I do hope you enjoy the modifications on your next visit. Thank you again for staying with us, and we all hope to see you again soon!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton? Share your experiences!