“All hotel should be like the Doubletree Princeton!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast and Wi-Fi!
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Montreal, Canada
“All hotel should be like the Doubletree Princeton!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Hi All, I just got back from a week end stay at Hotel Doubletree Princeton and here is my review. I booked this package for two through Expedia for $128.00 CDN including breakfast. This hotel is just pushed back off US Highway 1 a couple of miles from downtown Princeton. Parking is free all around the hotel. This is a fairly new hotel with an indoor pool. My room was room 206 on the second floor and it was perfect, super comfortable beds, quality linens, nice bathroom, and a complete buffet breakfast that was scrumptious. I give this hotel my highest rating for dollar value, I highly recommend the Doubletree and I know that you will not be disappointed, just try it!!

Room Tip: Hi All, I just got back from a week end stay at Hotel Doubletree Princeton and here is my review. I...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Lawrence_J247, Front Desk Agent at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I see you were able to book one of the many packages that we offer that include breakfast. With being located off of Route 1, we are easily accessible, and it makes easy to get the restaurants and malls in the surrounding areas. Besides our cookies, our beds are another signature for us. They are designed to maximize your comfort for a sound sleep, which I can see you enjoyed. Thank you for the high ranking and I hope that you would come back and stay with us again soon. The winter months are approaching, and Princeton looks very picturesque covered in a blanket of snow.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

I had a very good stay at this hotel. The frontdesk staff was very friendly and attentive. The hotel staff and service was excellent. The check-in and check-out procedures were smooth. The wireless internet connection(free with my room) was very fast. The gym and the business center were quite decent. The breakfast at the restaurant was ok. If you have time, I would recommend driving to Princeton city (10 min) for amazing breakfast options.

Room Tip: Request for a room which is not facing Route 1. The view from the rooms facing the back is the parki...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us. I am very glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. It pleases me even more to see that you were able to take advantage of the amenities that we have here at the hotel. If you noticed, all of the staff wears little pins with the word TEN on them. We strive as whole to make sure each and every guest experiences a TEN in customer service when they stay. I hope that you will return and allow us to cater to you. Also, on your next visit, you should take a swim in our heated pool. We also offer a complimentary shuttle service that travels within a five mile radius of the hotel. The downtown Princeton area falls within that radius. By utilizing the shuttle, you will not have to worry about parking because you will be able to leave to your car in the parking lot.
Manhattan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Starting off with the best: the room was very clean and comfortable. We asked for a room facing the back (overlooking an ugly parking lot) because we did not want to hear the highway traffic.And it was very reasonable because we got it via Priceline, and there's no fee for parking. The front desk people are nice and tried to be accomodating but would not give us any member perks because we paid via Priceline (whereas other Doubletrees have). Now, the bad: hallways are dirty and room service trays are not picked up with any frequency. You have to pay for internet service. Walls are very thin, so you hear everything going on in the hallways. And I thought this was IN Princeton but it's about 15 minutes away, so if all your activities are actually in Princeton, as our were, you'll be driving back-and-forth. I would not characterize this as 3.5*; it's more like a 3*.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at our property. Due to the positioning of the building we do not have the best views, but the surrounding areas only minutes away are very scenic. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to make sure that rooms meet Hilton standards, and are checked thoroughly before allowing a guest to check into the room. Our beds are specially made to guarantee that you sleep soundly and comfortably through the night. Your concerns with the trays in the hallways have already been passed along to the appropriate people to make sure this issue has been fixed. We also offer a complimentary shuttle service that you can utilize on your next visit. That way, you can park your car and leave the driving to us!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011 via mobile

The hotel is clean and comfortable. Nothing spectacular, but good value for the money. This place helped me earn my gold VIP status with Hilton honors. I have been in the standard king room, the 2 room suite, and the executive king room. I wasn't impressed with the 2 room suite. They could have at least put a microwave in there. It honestly felt like a waste of space to me. The executive level room is the same exact thing as a standard room. They just have a wooden closet. Big whoop! My advise, save your money and just get the standard room. It's the same EXACT thing.
I will return to this doubletree after I explore my options :-)

• Stayed September 2011
Thank you very much for staying with us. I am glad that your stays with us have helped you achieve your Gold status, and that you were also able to stay in the different types of rooms that we have available here. I will take your suggestion for the microwave to the appropriate people, so that we may be able to better accommodate the guests as well as the space. I do hope that you after you adventures in other hotels, you find us to be your favorite choice.
Dru_travels_alot
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Overall, my stay at this hotel was nice. I stayed here one night for business. The location is close to Princeton (about a 5 mile drive to downtown Princeton/campus) and its on a pretty busy road. Free parking.

My check-in was probably the best part of my stay. The front desk staff was very welcoming, they provided me with a map of downtown, gave me my warm cookie and offered lots of information about the area/hotel. The lobby area in general is very nice.

The room was average (room 201). Nice size, clean. Very thin walls. I was woken up at 6am by person in the next room's cell phone alarm going off constantly for about an hour. Then, I could hear his loud phone conversations until he left.

Might avoid the food in this hotel next time around. I ordered room service at about 7:30pm. When I asked about the menu (like what comes on the turkey burger) I got a flat answer of "I don't know". I placed my order and was told it would be 1 hour and 45 minutes until my food would arrive (which was correct!). It arrived lukewarm with soggy french fries.

Also, I would skip the breakfast buffet in this hotel. If you're paying for it, it's totally not worth the money from what I experienced. I went to eat around 9am. The room appeared dirty. I went to pull my chair up to the table and my hand touched old gum on the bottom of the seat.
The french toast was hard as a rock and the other food didn't look that appealing.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Lawrence_J247, Front Desk Agent at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this review, September 25, 2011
I would like to thank you for your recent stay at our property. I am glad you enjoyed your warm welcome when you arrived. We try to make every guest feel at home when they arrive. We are aware that most of our guests are not familiar with the area, so we try and provide our guests with as much information to make your trip as simple as possible. The cookie, which so many people have come to love, and what we are recognize by, is a brand standard that we take very much pride in. They are a welcomed guilty pleasure. (^_^)

I see that restaurant portion of your stay was not necessarily a highlight. I am sorry that you had that experience, but I hope that you would return to allow us to right those wrongs. I will be forwarding this review to our restaurant management to make sure that these issues are handled.
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Our family of four stayed at this hotel for one night. Ample parking available and the front desk clerk was helpful upon check-in (the warm cookies were a very nice touch). Our room had two double beds, a large business desk with comfy chair, a chaise, and 2-3 dressers with lots of drawer space. The sheets on the beds were immaculate, the bathroom was clean and so was the room overall. My standards are pretty high for hotel rooms and this room passed the test. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Lawrence_J247, Front Desk Agent at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Thank you for your recent stay at our property. I am pleased to see that our hotel has passed your test! Our parking lot stretches around the entire the property, leaving plenty of space for all. Our housekeeping staff works hard to make sure that every room meets the Hilton standard, and they take a lot of pride in knowing they provide such clean rooms. We are all happy to see that you will be staying with us again and we only hope to get a better grade on your test! We will see soon you, and we will have cookies waiting for you.
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The service here was really nice. We traveled with our toddler so they had a crib and fridge in the room for us when we arrived ($10 fee for each per day). As soon as we checked in someone from guest services called to ensure that we were satisfied with the room. The room was fine. Clean and suited our purpose. The service at this establishments earns it a four star over anything else. I will say that a car alarm went off in the middle of the night (and the hotel can do absolutely nothing about that! So, I have not adjusted my sleep quality rating for that).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay at our property. The call you experienced was just to make sure that everything in the room was to your satisfaction. We would like to get all our guests’ concerns out of the way as soon as possible. Then, you are free to relax and enjoy your stay worry free. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to guarantee that all of our rooms are cleaned to match the Hilton standards. I apologize for the car alarm in the parking lot, and would like to thank you for your understanding. We hope that you will be returning soon, and as always we will have a warm cookie waiting for you.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton? Share your experiences!