“Solid Choice!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, Texas
“Solid Choice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Was here for one night. Staff was very nice and welcoming, hotel was clean and the location was good. I had both lunch and dinner here and while my tomato soup was cold and way to thick the pork-chop and Greek salad were great! The rooms are showing wear and tear and while the location is pretty good all the shops around the hotel in for Forrestal Village were empty. There were a few restaurants but that is about it. When I am back will will definitely stay here as the positives far outweigh the negatives.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Todd C, General Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I have discussed your review with my F&B team and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the area. Please ask for me as I would like to have the opportunity to share with you some of the changes we have made to better serve our guest.

Todd Capizzo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Checked in for 2 nights while my son played in a squash tournament@ Princeton. At one point I found myself stranded after UBER didn't show & cab was delayed. Even though they officially have no shuttle service on the weekend someone @ front desk saw my distress bc I was going to miss the match & agreed to drive me there. The entire weekend the staff were friendly & helpful. Rooms are ok nothing special. Workout room is decent. I think it's staff that made this a good stay.
Thank you!

Stayed March 2015
Todd C, General Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I hope your son placed well in the tournament this past weekend. I will share your comments with the entire TEAM. We look forward to seeing you aging soon on your next trip to Princeton.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is my thIrd stay here and previously I had spoken directly to the management regarding the restaurant service and food quality which did not even compare to a three star hotel. I returned hopeful my previous concerns had been addressed only to realize that In fact it did not even match the service at Denny's, in fact Denny's actually care about their customers.
Another example of management's lack of putting their customers first happen this trip when I forgot my IPhone charger. When I went to the front desk for help maybe even getting one from lost and found or just borrowing one I was told it was in the basement and there probably wasn't one anyway however I could go to Best Buy later and get one. I told him I did not have a car so he suggested I should get a taxi. I am also a customer of the 4 Seasons and the Ritz I guarantee you they would have realized my need and done whatever it took to get me a charger for 2 days.
There is a big disconnect at this Westin and how other properties uphold the level of commitment the brand advertises.
I have never done a review before but I think customers expecting a SPG experience here should go elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2015
I want to thank you for taking the time to send me your review on your stay. I have shared you comments with the team and would like to discuss more with you. Please feel free to reach out to me at your convenience.

Again i look forward to talking with you ..

South Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We love the Westin Forrestal Village.
First off, every single staff member is friendly and welcoming. They really seem like they want you to be happy and will make it happen for you. They could shove me in a broom closet as long as the staff is terrific. I didn't have to worry about that because the room was clean and large and the bed was crazy comfy.
Our favorite part of the hotel is the pool. It is an indoor/outdoor pool with the outdoor section obviously closed during the winter months. However, to accommodate the cold water seeping in from the outside portion of the pool, the inside portion is super heated so it's blissfully warm and toasty. It's wonderful looking at the piles of snow outside the large atrium windows while floating in a pool the temperature of bathwater. So nice! There are also piles of fluffy towels when you come out.
The Westin Forrestal Village is terrific!

Room Tip: If you want easy access to the pool, ask for a room on the second floor so you can take the stairs t...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Todd C, General Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your Amazing review.. I have sheared it with the team and posted it for all to see on our 5 star board. I look forward to personally meeting you on your next visit to the area.

We will keep the warm and ready for your next trip...

Fords, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When visiting Princeton, don't overlook this choice. Just outside of town, and with GPS you can find your way in through Kingston, which is one of the nicest ways to enter Princeton. Its main attractions are location, and location. The place is beautifully placed in a country side setting. This allows views from every side the calming vista of trees and grass. The other aspect of location that it has is ease of access. Just off Route 1 South, North of Princeton. Plenty of parking. And if you go during the open seasons other than winter, the little shopping mall makes a handsome walk. It struggles a little to meet the “village” designation, but still in all i have shopped there. The place is clean and neat. The staff are polite, friendly, and professional. The food is more that adequate so stay for breakfast. I have actually gone there just for breakfast. The rooms are modern and well kept, with that graciousness of space. Trip Tip: Avoid Route 1 and come into Princeton past Carnage Lake.

Room Tip: All views are nice, but if you have a choice look away from Route 1.
Green Features: Great for Conferences. They try to accommodate all requests. The staff are friendly, polite and professional.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
WOW... Thank you for your Five star review. I have posted it for all the team members to see. I look forward to having the chance to meet you if your even in the area again.

Have a Great Week.....

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Drab, dull and poorly maintained, this hotel is not up to Westin standards. The lobby / bar area is ok but has minimal seating and is not particularly comfortable place for a drink with colleagues after work. I don't usually comment on corridors in hotels but these are beige beyond belief. The room was in need of a complete make over. The bed was as comfortable as ever but the linens looked like they had just come out of the dryer. The furniture also looked old and tired. The bathroom towels also had stains on them and the plug in the sink didn't work. The air conditioning is also noisy but I almost expect that these days.

I used room service twice. The first time was fine. The food was hot and arrived quite quickly. The second time it took 45 minutes to deliver pot-stickers which when they arrived looked grey and not at all appealing.

The saving grace at this hotel is the staff. They were always cheerful, polite, professional and helpful. The front desk staff are particularly welcoming.

Location is just off Route 1 and everything in the Princeton area is in easy reach if you have a car. There are a couple of restaurants in Forrestal Village; Ruth's Chris has decent steaks, Tre Piani does good wholesome Italian and Salt Creek Grille has some interesting menu items and an energetic crowd.

If you are planning to stay in the Princeton Area try somewhere else.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to send a review on your experience with us. I have met with my leadership time to address your visit with us. I hope we have a chance to have you visit with us again to see the changes we have made.

look forward to see you soon!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

I enjoyed my stay at the Westin, but it's location was not what I was expecting. Many of the hotels in Princeton are right on or near the main highway, making it simple to get to restaurants/stores. This hotel was off of the main highway, but is situated back further. If you are looking for a more secluded hotel, this is for you. There is a small strip mall type of structure next to the hotel. I am not sure if there are offices located in there or stores. Regardless, they seemed empty during my stay and there was not much foot traffic around. There is a Ruth Chris Steak House located right at the entrance of the hotel. The inside of the hotel is very appealing to the eye and has many areas to sit and enjoy a cocktail in comfortable chairs and watch a sports game, which was what was on when I checked in. There were a good amount of people taking advantage of this space. The room itself was very nice. It was average size, comfortable bed and clean bathroom. There was an advertisement in the room that they offered workout gear for rent. I did not take advantage of this, but was an amenity that I had not seen before this time.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Todd C, General Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, February 16, 2015
Were glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope next time your in-town you have a chance you use our Westin Workout program.

Cheers till your next visit..

General Manger

Been to The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village? Share your experiences!