“Nice price for a Westin, remote location, but not a quiet hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Jersey Shore, New Jersey
“Nice price for a Westin, remote location, but not a quiet hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I have stayed at this particular Westin on several occasions and have had noise issues just about every single time. Listen, I understand that the hotel only has so much control over their guests and can't be everywhere at every point in the night, but I have been awoken more times than not in the middle of the night from loud, unruly guests leaving a wedding or other type of function.

I have complained and even received a comp stay, which was very nice of them to do, but guess what? I was even awoken during my comp stay! So that is why I have decided to part ways with this hotel in Princeton and stay elsewhere when I am in the area.

Just the fact that this place is a Westin is the main reason why I gave them a very good rating, because Westin has the best beds and shower of any other hotel chain--hands down. The hotel is very nice and I feel very relaxed here until my sleep gets interrupted.

It is a shame, because I really like Westins, but I like uninterrupted sleep even more.

Room Tip: Wish I could tell you where the quiet rooms are, but I've stayed here multiple times in multiple...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
64mariek, General Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thanks so much for recognizing that our Heavenly bed and Heavenly bath really are the best in the industry. Starwood has worked hard at every level to insure you enjoy your sleep and at Westins, it's all about being refreshed and renewed.

Please let me know the next time your travels bring you to Princeton. I wouldn't dream of having you sleep anywhere else and will personally guarantee you have a restful night.

Regards,
Marie Kupfer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Summit, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We booked an Executive Guest room, for four, which advertised complimentary "grab and go"continental breakfast for guests. Upon arrival we were advised there was no "grab and go" on the weekends and had to sit in the restaurant and order complimentary continental breakfast. We were traveling for an event on Saturday and Sunday morning, and were not planning to have a sit down breakfast. Additionally, upon arrival we were advised we were entitled to only two vouchers. This was remedied with a phone call to a reservations supervisor, who contacted the hotel manager and subsequently provided us with two other vouchers.

One of the bath towels in our room was stained with what appeared to be a large amount of blood. We called for clean towels, which were brought to the room fairly quickly.

Guests the room next to us ordered room service for breakfast on Saturday morning. They placed their dirty plates on the floor between our two rooms. The dirty plates and uneaten food sat there from Saturday morning, and was still there when we checked out on Sunday at 11:30 am. Twice on Saturday evening I walked to the front desk to request the dirty plates be removed from the hallway.

The hotel advertised food could be served by the pool. We attempted to order lunch by the pool and were advised that was no allowed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
MarieKupfer, General Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Thanks so much for your review and my apologies we fell short of both yours and my expectations at the Westin. Honestly, I am somewhat puzzled, in that the items you mention our part of our every day processes at the hotel.

Weekend guests often enjoy a continental breakfast in Parellel 40 and or have the option of taking it to go if need be. I'll reinforce with our restaurant staff as perhaps we missed a "cue" which we work hard at recognizing. You were obviously in a hurry to get somewhere and we were thinking you were at the Westin for a relaxing breakfast. Floors are toured every 60 minutes to insure cleanliness. safety, security and preventative maintenance. For us to miss a tray in the hall, means we missed it a minimum of 24 times. Food service by the indoor and outdoor pool is really the norm on most weekends.

Thanks again for the review and please know we have already reviewed with our staff, to insure these inconsistencies do not reoccur.

I thank you for your Starwood loyalty and I look forward to being your host in the near future

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

When you view this property from the road and even as you pull up, it looks promising. The front desk staff is personable and responsive. Walking down the hallway to our room, we counted no less than a half dozen room service trays in the hallway. Located on the corner of the sixth floor (we were assured that it would be a "quiet" room), our room smelled extremely musty when we entered. The room itself was clean and our "heavenly" bed was comfortable with a variety of pillows, and several layers of bedding. The towels were thick and plush, the white tea amenities were standard, but pleasant smelling. It was observed that perhaps the musty odor came from areas that appeared to be mold in the shower? The television was a little small for the room and distance from the bed, but not terribly so. After a good night's sleep, we went downstairs for the free breakfast that was part of our package. We were informed that only the buffet was being served. It consisted of scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, french toast, and oatmeal. Fruits and cereals were also available. Great fare unless you have food allergies and sensitivities. But immediately upon learning of this, Shaquana Thompson, a guest specialist, didn't miss a beat: she quickly offered alternative options that were more than acceptable, doing so with a warm friendly smile. It might be nice to disclose up front that when the bed and breakfast rate is booked on the weekend, only a buffet breakfast is available. Free parking is appreciated. Our checkout was easy and professionally handled. Our only complaint was the mustiness of the room. Hope this gets addressed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
64mariek, General Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you so much for your comprehensive review and for recognizing Shaquana's guest service skills. We train our team each and every day on how best to extend genuine hospitality. Also the heavenly bed is in fact heavenly, not to mention world renowned and named year after year as one of the best in our industry.

We also pride ourselves on maintaining the highest levels of cleanliness. I have asked our Executive Housekeeper to pay special attention to any offensive odors that may cause our guest dismay and also that our Room Service team members address the tray pick up more frequently.

Thank you for your kind words and for your Starwood loyalty. I look forward to being your host in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This place is very clean! The staff is friendly and the hotel is very accommodating overall. Nice indoor/ outdoor pool and bar. Courtyard is very nice. Room service is pretty good. Quality of food is better then average. Overall a wonderful experience.

Stayed July 2014
64mariek, General Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Danielle,

Thank you so much for your comments and for staying at the Westin. The most important piece of your review was to know our staff was so very accomodating. We train very hard to execute flawless service as well as being prepared to handle any special request that may come up.

i look forward to being your host in the near future.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We asked to change our room after check in to have a better view and a staff member came up to us with a new set of keys. Very clean, nice neighborhood, great breakfast and pool, gym facilities, etc. Second time here for business and will come back again.

Room Tip: third floor far end, north side you will have the view of the roof of the building next door.
Green Features: great option to ask for room service when we need.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
64mariek, General Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you so much for your great review. Clearly you are a frequent traveler with discerning taste.
I appreciate your Starwood loyalty and look forward to being our host. in teh near future.

Saddle Brook, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend for an anniversary getaway. Location in forrestal village is a nice touch but there really isn't much to see at forrestal village. We did have a casual dinner at Salt Creek Grille which is ok but was overpriced for what you get, and celebrated our anniversary with dinner at Ruth Chris Steakhouse. Both places are walking distance. The parking lot is free and there is plenty of space to park. The staff are friendly. The bed which is why we like to book at the Westin is always the most comfortable. The only downside was we booked a deluxe room which is priced more than a traditional room but was no bigger as the other reviewer commented don't waste your money booking a deluxe room. If you go for a special occasion don't expect this particular hotel to do anything special like all the other hotels we've stayed at during our birthdays/anniversary, I mentioned this under comments when booking in case they did do something nice but sadly they don't, which is fine but for a Westin, almost expected. Other places gave us anniversary cards, champagne, chocolates, vouchers. So stay here if all you are looking for is a good night's sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for commenting on the great staff, complimentary parking and of course our Heavenly Beds. We would have loved to share your anniversary with you and my apologies we missed that. Hotels, and specifically the Westin, are always an important part of many special memories.

We look forward to being your host in the near future.

Best Regards

I
Tustin, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The Westin is a hotel we often use for business travel. In this case, we wouldn't return. After pre-paying for a Deluxe Room, we were told upon check in were told initially there was no distinction between Traditional King and Deluxe King. After we pulled up our reservation, a supervisor confirmed that there was indeed a difference - well at least for some Deluxe Rooms. The pitch is the Deluxe room, but in reality "some just have a better view, but no more space". After all that we were then informed that despite our pre-paying, our Deluxe Room had in fact been sold to someone else. Nice. Despite the refund of the difference, it was simply unacceptable.

And the Traditional King room to which we were then assigned, has a terrible poky bathroom, mirror area. One cannot get out of the bathroom door if the other person is in front of the mirror. Super.

Oh but wait, we could at least open the slider on to the false balcony to get some fresh air. Nope. It clearly used to open, but is not screwed shut.

The restaurant was an option for us on a Sunday evening. No, wait. Closed. So we ate out and brought a nice bottle of wine back for the evening. But it seems that one only gets a single set of glasses for the whole stay, because post room service for the day the now used glasses remained.

So . . . we wouldn't stay here again - despite the as always comfortable Westin bed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
My apologies we fell short of your expectations. We train tirelessly to insure every aspect of your stay is perfect. I am not quite clear on why there was confusion regarding your deluxe room. There are a number of these rooms that provide additional space and have a great view. We do serve dinner every night of the week in either Parelel 40 or our Latitudes Lounge.

Again my apologies things didn't turn out quite as you or I planned. I'd like an opportunity to be your host in the near future and am committed to winning you back as a guest. If you do happen to visit Princeton again please contact me directly so I may personally oversee your stay.

Marie Kupfer

Been to The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village? Share your experiences!