“Poor example of a Westin” 2 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tustin, California
“Poor example of a Westin”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The Westin is a hotel we often use for business travel. In this case, we wouldn't return. After pre-paying for a Deluxe Room, we were told upon check in were told initially there was no distinction between Traditional King and Deluxe King. After we pulled up our reservation, a supervisor confirmed that there was indeed a difference - well at least for some Deluxe Rooms. The pitch is the Deluxe room, but in reality "some just have a better view, but no more space". After all that we were then informed that despite our pre-paying, our Deluxe Room had in fact been sold to someone else. Nice. Despite the refund of the difference, it was simply unacceptable.

And the Traditional King room to which we were then assigned, has a terrible poky bathroom, mirror area. One cannot get out of the bathroom door if the other person is in front of the mirror. Super.

Oh but wait, we could at least open the slider on to the false balcony to get some fresh air. Nope. It clearly used to open, but is not screwed shut.

The restaurant was an option for us on a Sunday evening. No, wait. Closed. So we ate out and brought a nice bottle of wine back for the evening. But it seems that one only gets a single set of glasses for the whole stay, because post room service for the day the now used glasses remained.

So . . . we wouldn't stay here again - despite the as always comfortable Westin bed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
64mariek, General Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
My apologies we fell short of your expectations. We train tirelessly to insure every aspect of your stay is perfect. I am not quite clear on why there was confusion regarding your deluxe room. There are a number of these rooms that provide additional space and have a great view. We do serve dinner every night of the week in either Parelel 40 or our Latitudes Lounge.

Again my apologies things didn't turn out quite as you or I planned. I'd like an opportunity to be your host in the near future and am committed to winning you back as a guest. If you do happen to visit Princeton again please contact me directly so I may personally oversee your stay.

Marie Kupfer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Again my wife and I ate at your hotel and again Neven the bartender was great. He is really a very nice man who takes pride in his job. Whenever we're in Princeton we will stop for dinner. We will be back within the next month we may make reservations at the Westin.

• Stayed July 2014
64mariek, General Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
We are very fortunate to have Neven on our team. He takes great care of our guests each and every day whether you are staying at the Westin and or just passing through for a meal.

Thanks for the great review and continued supported of the Westin. We look forward to seeing you soon

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Clean modern lobby is welcoming after a long day of business travel. The hotel check in staff was extremely courteous and professional. The price seems standard for a Westin, but a bit high for the area. Nice option for future visits.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thanks so much for the great review. We train our team regularly to insure every guest is made to feel welcome. That along with our world renowned heavenly bed and heavenly bath helps guest relax, refresh and renew whether they are staying for business or leisure purposes .

We look forward to being your host for future stays

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed here on a visit to Princeton. The price was relatively cheap for a Westin. The location is terrific - it's right next to a shopping mall called Forrestal Village, and it's a really short drive into the town of Princeton. The room is standard Westin - luxurious, specious, and clean, and the interior design is both elegant and modern but unfortunately I did not try the on-site restaurants because I had to leave early the next morning for the tour and information session.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MarieKupfer, General Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you so much for the perfect review. It sounds like you were visiting the university which is less than ten minutes away so I trust you will be a frequent guest. Perhaps the next time you will be able to stay and join us for dinner or breakfast in Parallel 40

Be sure to sign up to be an SPG member which is our loyalty program. You are able to accrue points each time you stay which can than be used for complimentary stays at any Starwood property throughout the world.

Thanks again for the review and I look forward to being your host in the near future

Montague
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

One does not expect good views or excellent service at a hotel on the expressway interchange in a place like Princeton NJ. I checked into this hotel very early, due to train schedules, and had a room filled with sunlight, a lovely view, comfortable bed and assisted by very gracious and welcoming staff. I will definitely return to this hotel in my next visit to Princeton. I am not familiar with trains along the east coast, but the ease of taking the train from NYC to Princeton Junction, and then getting to the hotel was amazing. As a weary road warrior, I deeply appreciated this. Also, due to the need to conserve my own energy and that of my staff, i had two meals at this Westin, including a very important business meeting. The food was excellent, and again, graciously provided. The dining area was quiet, allowing us to linger and accomplish a great deal at both meals. And the location was very convenient for my work needs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
64mariek, General Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Comfortable and welcoming is really what hospitality is all about and the reason why most of us went into this business. We train our staff pretty extensively in this regard, so its very rewarding to hear compliments of this nature.

I thank you for your compliments and as always will share with our team. We look forward to a return visit.

Warm Regards
Wiener Neustadt, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I actually just popped in to get some information on how to get to Princeton Campus. At the reception, Nancy, one of the receptionists there helped me out super friendly and competent. Great service, I love America!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Wow...wow again.

So the way I am reading this, you didn't even stay with us but were impressed with how Nancy handled your request. The moment I received this email, I called Nancy to thank her for her ability to make all feel at home.

Be sure to come back and visit when you can spend the night in one of our Heavenly Beds and or dine in either our restaurant or lounge.

be well...be safe

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The "heavenly bed" they have is so comfortable you will not want to get out of it. The staff is friendly and the room was clean. I would stay here again any time. The Westin brand has always been a pleasure to stay with.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Those world renowned Heavenly Beds are mentioned over and over again. I'm so glad you recognized and enjoyed them. Thank you for your positive comments regarding the property and the staff..

Be well

Marie Kupfer

Been to The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village? Share your experiences!