“Excellent service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 15 hotels in Princeton
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I definitely enjoyed my stay here, everything was extremely comfortable, but I also just wanted to single out Rebecca Rios, one of the staff members working out here, who was patient to a fault and exceptionally professional in helping me deal with getting a last minute flight booking. Thank you for going above and beyond what is normally expected

• Stayed June 2013
Nick A, Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Jeremyhlee,

We would like to thank you for filling out a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com. Your recognition of our staff member is appreciated we will probably recognize her on our end. Your continuing patronage is very important to us and we are happy to hear that we had exceeded your expectations during your most recent visit.

Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to your return.

Best regards,

385 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
On the road again
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

An OK Westin except for the Club Floor which is a tiny self serve room with zero seating. Princeton guests deserve better than this for a club. I am Platinum and this club is appalling in quality. Breakfast in the restaurant was fairly good but that is full price ala carte so expensive,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
DoctorVonCueBall,

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com. Your feedback is very important us as we continue to seek out opportunities for improvement. We thank you for providing feedback about our club lounge as we are in the process upgrading our club lounge to include additional hot items for our club lounge guests. We hope that you return in the future to experience the fruits of the changes we are making.

Thank you again and we look forward to your continuing patronage.

Paradiso, Calabria, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The rooms are nice, the linens are clean and the atmosphere is quiet. There are amenities such as ice machine, pool, work out facility etc. What detracts greatly from this hotel is service. The service is awful, and it's made all the more terrible by the unreasonably high prices.

This is one of those places that price gouges when demand is high, more than doubling their rates for the busy season but not doubling their staff etc, which means not only do they not up their service for twice the price, they actually downgrade it. We requested a crib before we arrived for our infant son and they confirmed over the phone it would not be an issue. When we arrived they had no cribs available. We called down the next day and asked about the crib and they said they had some and would bring them to the room. After no crib appeared I went to the front desk and asked about it and they said all cribs were booked through the weekend. When you charge 380 dollars a night, you go out and buy a new crib for your customer after they are assured of a crib. The Westin did not have the class to do this. Other hotels would do this.

When our child fell out of the bed and injured his nose a crib magically appeared in our room within hours. What was really frustrating (aside from my injured and bleeding baby) is they assured us of a crib twice, and then failed to deliver. Had we not been assured a crib we would have brought our pack-n-play.

This is one of those places that pretends to be high scale but does not have high scale service, only facilities, and then they nickel-and-dime you every time you turn around. There's a charge for internet, even though room prices were already doubled for the time we stayed there. The hotel restaurant is uninspired and over priced. The pool area was littered with wet towels and trash (yes, actual trash like a South Philly street at 2am on a Sunday morning with cups, wrappers, styrofoam food containers and chicken wings).

My advice, stay at the Courtyard Marriot. Better service, just as clean rooms and a decent breakfast for half the price. I don't mind paying more for better service, the the Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village does not deliver on their price.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Nick A, Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Bjoin N,

Thank you for filling out a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com. It is disheartening to read that we were unable to deliver the incredible experience our guests receive. I can understand that the lack of baby crib availability can be quite frustrating especially when traveling. Rests assure we are looking into to purchasing additional baby cribs so this kind of event does not take place again. It would be a pleasure to have you as our honorary guest as I feel you were unable to truly enjoy what the Westin Princeton has to offer. Please feel free to contact our Rooms Division Manager so that he can handle your future accommodations. Your feedback is very important to us as it creates opportunity for improvement and recognition.

Warm regards,

Abingdon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

As you should expect from a Westin the rooms and hotel were nicely done. The service was great. Unfortunately there seems to not be inspection of rooms regularly as when I checked into mine there was significant grime on doors and broken parts. I let the front desk know the next day and it was all quickly taken care of and they were very nice about it. The only other drawback is that there is not a lot nearby in terms of restaurants (Tre Piani is not so great). But I would certainly recommend the place. It is quiet as well.

Room Tip: Facing the entrance circle can be noisy from trucks that arrive early in the morning. Facing the hig...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Nick A, Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Plasamblip,

Thank you for filling out a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com. Your feedback is very important to us and I am truly sorry that you encountered such below standard cleanliness issues. We have a detailed inspection procedure at our hotel which could involve up to two inspections once the room has been cleaned. I can assure you your feedback has been communicated to housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. We look forward to your continuing patronage of our hotel and welcome any additional feedback you wish to provide.

Warm regards,

Nicholas Amato
Rooms Division Manager
Opelika, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Rooms were clean, comfortable. Bed was comfortable. There were tables and chairs outside the hotel in a park like setting. Complimentary internet access and bottled water. The club lounge was closed so they gave us vouches to use at the Starbuck located in lobby. Very nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike T, General Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear TashaLin:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly apprecaite your nice comments. We hope you are able to come back and visit us agan very soon!

All the best,

Frederiksberg, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

During a visit to our Princeton office I decided to stay at the Westin Princeton which is close to our offices and nicely located close to route 1 but without having the noise from it.

I travel regularly on business travels and I'm always looking for a number of items of which the Westin Princeton fulfills all of them. There is a good internet connection at a reasonable rate. There are good bathroom facillities and finally it has ironing equipment in the room. Furthermore there is a pool at the hotel but I did not have a chance to try it this time around.

One small complaint were the pillows that were really big. I could have used a flatter option so that is pulling down because of the sleep quality.

I can't recommend the Starbucks at the hotel at it has a very limited selection of items. I couldn't even buy a bagel for breakfast which is disappointing. I had breakfast in the restaurant and it was a bit expensive. These were my only objections the rest was good.

All in all I rate this as an average hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Stephphen:

Thank you your kind comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. We have reviewed your suggestions for improvement and we will put them to good use. We hope we will see you again very soon!

Be well,

Cresco, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Just recently I took my wife away for the night for her birthday, figured we would go to a nice hotel for a night. Found this hotel on spg thought it was really once. The hotel itself is very nice but the problem is that the walls are super thin that you here everything in the room next to you. Also found that there house keeping wasn't the best either. Found stuff in the fridge from whoever was there last. I am a platinum member and when checking out my wife just told them that it wasn't a good stay and see wasn't happy so they promised to give us 1000 points for what happened. Guess what that didn't happen and I did email the hotel and spg headquarters to tell them that I wasn't pleased at all.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear rob j:

We are very sorry that we dissappointed you during your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to see that each guest has an excellent experience with us. We apologize that we did not provide that for you. I have personlly looked into your concerns and I can assure you that they have been addressed.

Mike Taylor

Been to The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village? Share your experiences!