“The Best Staff and a Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Nyack, New York
“The Best Staff and a Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I've stayed at the Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village many times. This review is based on a consistently great experience.

This is a stand-out property. The room are up to date. The fitness and pool facility is clean and well maintained. Housekeeping is great. The restaurant is surprisingly good (unusually good).

However, what makes this hotel so special is the staff. They always find ways to say "YES". If it's a firmer pillow or making sure that they greet you every time you walk in the front door,

My wife and I have stayed there many times and we have always been delighted.

Room Tip: You don't need a tip. All of the rooms are really great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lynn W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Hi adamlipson,

We think you're the best too! -Always a pleasure,delight and honor to have you and your wife here at the Westin. As a partial verse in a popular song goes, "You light up our life." Thank you so much for sharing your experience and thoughts about our special staff and property in your Tripadvisor review; they were very much noted and appreciated. Look forward to seeing you both again in the very near future.

Lynn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I am a Platinum Memember of Starwood chain and this is the "WORST" Westin Hotel I have seen/stayed globally. I am staying at this Westin Princeton, NJ right now, actually I checked in this evening. From the moment I was at the front desk to check in, I realized I had made a mistake choosing his Westin to stary for the next 5 days for Business. I cannot move now as another colleague of mine is flying in fromCanada tonight.
The lobby was deserted, no one was at the checkin counter, nobody was to be found anywhere when I got there to check in. The Executive Lounge is opened only for breakfast from (according to the front desk) 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM. It is "Closed the rest of the day" everyday of the week. I have never seen a Westin in all my travels whose Executive Lounge is closed for most of the day. It seally "SUCKS". Additionally, the restaurant in the Lobby is empty and dark and do not look like they have any customers.
STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: If you are a Platinum, Gold Memeber of Starwood, DO NOT STAY HERE. No upgrades, no Lounge, no nothi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Miller C,

Sorry that your stay here at the Westin Princeton did not meet with your satisfaction and you found the public areas and the restaurant of the hotel abandoned. You further related there were no staff present when you checked-in. As I explained in our conversation while at the hotel, it would have been our pleasure to provide you with a suite if one was available, but unfortunately they were all taken. The breakfast nook is only opened in the morning hours and provides a complimentary continental breakfast for our Platinum members. We also have a restaurant, Parallel 40 and a coffee bar available for all our guests, which is opened daily at a cost factor. Again, please accept my apology for your dissatisfaction with the hotel along with the fruit and wine amenity I sent to your room, which was refused. In the event you decide to give our property another chance, please give me a call at 609.520.6220 ahead of time, and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.

Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is as such nice but the location is very boring. Fortunately there is now a good restaurant 2 min walk away as the restaurant can only be used for breakfast. Dinner there is depressing! So find another hotel.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Lynn W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Hi DenmarkDanes,

Appreciate your comment regarding the "niceness" of our hotel and sorry that you found the outside area and Forrestal Village to be "very boring." As you mentioned, we do have a restaurant named Parallel 40, which is opened to our guests for breakfast, lunch and dinner. In addition within walking distance of the hotel, there are three restaurants that are opened for dinner and a food court. Within a few miles from the hotel we have Princeton Township, which has many museums, theatres, cultural structures, restaurants and the home of academia, Princeton University which might be of interest. How about giving them a look next time you're in town. Thanks again for your business.

West Hartford, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is a great hotel, and we got an amazing deal. We booked online and got a king room for $124/night. The pools are great (indoor and outdoor), and the lobby and lounge are nice. The rooms are clean and comfortable. My husband and I did a little sans baby getaway, and really we just wanted to relax and read. If I had to complain about something, it is that Forrestal Village is odd. We were there Labor Day weekend, and perhaps it is bustling during the week, but it was dead during the weekend. The hotel was great, location so-so. If you stay here, drive into the town of Princeton and check out great restaurants. Though we did have a lovely dinner at the Salt Creek Grille, right next to the hotel. I'd also recommend skipping breakfast at the hotel. Instead, go into Princeton and go to the Pancake place on Nassau St or go the the Princetonian Diner on Rte 1.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel. And the manager Lynn is great!

Room Tip: Book online!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lynn W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Hi hleahh,

Thank you for your kind remarks about our elegant hotel and it's staff. Hope you and your husband enjoyed your "little baby getaway" and we are delighted that our lobby, Latitude lounge and pool areas meet your approval. We look forward to seeing you both again at the hotel and I think "your great also!"

Port Washington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I've stayed at this location a bunch of times over the years as it is one of the hotels near our friends who live in NJ. As such, its just a nice location that is central to a lot of shops and restaurants as well as our friends. As a Platinum, I usually get just a higher floor as i've never seen any of their suites and doubt they were available for upgrades (this trip, there were supposedly no rooms even on preferred floors, but at least I feel the front desk was telling the truth and in all reality, unless you get a rare suite, most of the rooms are probably pretty similar in quality. The rooms are clean and decent sized as mentioned in the description and while not the newest, quite sufficient for all intents and purposes. They have a grab and go pantry on weekdays which has less selection than a club lounge and limited hours, but this also is satisfactory and better than nothing. Weekends, might just give platinum members the continental voucher for 2 or some credit for the Starbucks area, though the front desk does occasionally forget. The pool which is both indoor and outdoor is above average for the area and in general. Tennis courts are there, and while they could use some minor maintenance for cracks on the court, still acceptable for playing on. I've stayed at 11 of the 14 Starwoods in NJ per a quick check on SPG.com and this is my favorite when taking into account location and overall features. There are times when I'll stay elsewhere due to rates and activity plans, but this is IMHO a good cat4 hotel in the starwood brand.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear crazywudsl,

As a repeat and Platinum Card member, it is always our pleasure to have you here at our hotel and we appreciate your repeat business. Your positive overview of the amenities and services provided by the hotel are appreciated and so are you! Look forward to seeing you on your next stay with us.

Long Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I looked into several possible hotels in the Princeton area and found that most of them were older and in need of updating. Rates were similar at all hotels for my dates in August. I was delighted to encounter attentive staff from the making of the reservation, through check-in, and throughout my stay, Clearly They made me feel valued as a SPG member, which I highly recommend. I got a special AAA rate and was assigned an upgraded room. Although the restaurant was not busy, I had both breakfast and dinner there and found the food to be attractive and tasty. I had access to the concierge level grab breakfast, which could use some expansion on grab foods. Overall, one good surprise after another.

Room Tip: I was very happy on the 6th floor, nice view of the mall, and halfway down the hall from the elevato...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Hi bmwwinner,

Thank you for sharing your positive experiences with our hotel and being a SPG member. We appreciate your business and look forward to providing you the very best in hospitality during all your stays at our Westin Princeton Forrestal Village Hotel.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Before my stay I read several reviews touting the service from Lynn Woods. I shall do the same. I emailed her asking if there were any suites available during my one night stay. Lynn went above and beyond. At check in attendants were knocking me down to thank me for my patronage and my status with SPG. I was given a large suite on the top floor.

The room was classic Westin--which is a great thing. My room overlooked a courtyard where there is a gas fire pit. The outdoor/indoor pool was not crowded even though it was a weekend. Lynn sent chocolates to my room. Again, a very kind gesture. The breakfast buffet was very good.

Forrestal Village is very quaint. I liked the setup. Shops and restaurants are a 30 second walk from the front doors of the Westin.

A few days after departing I realized what I thought was a descrepancy on my bill. I called and Lynn happened to answer. She called me back and corrected the bill even though I was wrong about the discrepancy. I apologized for being an idiot and Lynn only re-charged me for half of the original amount in question. She did not have to do that. The hotel itself is very nice but isn't anything that will change your life--On the other hand, the epitome of customer service displayed at Westin Princeton is why I will definitely come back. 4 stars.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Lynn W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Hi InNYfromGA,

We here at the Westin were honored and priviledged to be part of your successful wedding anniversary celebration. Thank you for your kind words about our staff and how they demonstrated their warm welcome and true hospitality spirit to you and your wonderful wife. We anxiously look forward to your next stay with us and the opportunity to enjoy your congenial company.

Lynn

Been to The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village? Share your experiences!