“Very nice hotel - well worth it!” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Very nice hotel - well worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

We stayed here for a few nights over Thanksgiving and had a great experience! When we first arrived we had to take a cab to the hotel (we were told a shuttle would come and pick us up but it wasn't running). We told the front desk this and the man working was so helpful he reduced our rate significantly for both nights to cover our cost and inconvenience. The hotel had running paths marked out that we used and took a beautiful 2.5 mile run on Thanksgiving day. The room was very nice and modern - very quiet and warm. We swam a few times in their indoor pool which was really nice except when a lot of people get in it since it's not huge! Their hotel shuttle took us into town several times and picked us up which was so nice since the hotel is about a 10 minute drive from downtown. Highly recommend this and definitely eat at the Salt Creek Grille right next door if you do stay here :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
FOM_Westin_Princeton, Front Office Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Hello krc11,

Thank you very much for your extremely kind words regarding your stay with us. I'm delighted to hear that we provided such a renewing experience while you were with us. We are thrilled you chose to spend your Thanksgiving with us, and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Princeton.

Mike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

...just down the road from downtown Princeton, the Westin is a nice property with ample rooms, large Bathrooms and Balconies overlooking the Forrestal village. We were attending a Wedding so didn't have enough time to explore the shops and resturants in the village or the Hotel. Loads of parking (valet if you want it) and friendly, helpful staff. A well run Hotel for sure. A bit pricey if we hadn't received a special rate for the wedding.

Room Tip: Get one on the front of the Hotel to have a good view, of the Village, from the Balcony. The other w...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Hello GaryReg,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your stay with us. I'm very happy to hear that enjoyed your time at the hotel, and I hope your wedding was equally enjoyable. You are correct that the room opposite yours would like out to the hallway. That said, it also overlooks our outdoor terrace, and is set back far enough from the highway to avoid any issues with noise. Again, thank you for choosing Westin, and we hope you choose to stay with us again.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

We stayed at this hotel when it was managed by another big hotel chain. I remember it being very nice and convenient. Our room was spacious, modern and appeared to be well appointed. However, it was extremely dusty, and in desperate need of additional cleaning. Small things like the remote and phone appeared filthy.The head board and night stands were covered in a layer of dust. I did some dusting and cleaning so that we could feel comfortable. I usually do not do this but did not want to make a big fuss by calling the desk and asking for another room. Once I did a little detail form of cleaning it was fine.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
FOM_Westin_Princeton, Front Office Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, November 27, 2011
Hello EaglesSteelers,

Thank you so much for choosing the Westin Princeton. I'm very sorry to hear about the condition of your room when you first checked in. Our team absolutely needs to be on top of dust in our guest rooms, and these issues should have been resolved prior to your being registered to the room. I have forwarded your review to our housekeeping director so that we can use this as an opportunity to revisit our cleanliness standards with our team.

Thank you for your feedback. Should I be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to send me a direct message.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Was here on business recently for one night: arrived rather late but had a good dinner and very good Manhattan at the bar/lounge--nice and varied menu choices for a bar menu, and a comfortable place to have a meal or a drink alone. Good breakfast choices as well. Service was good for both meals, and staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean, quiet and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: My room number ended in the 80s and was a long walk from the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
FOM_Westin_Princeton, Front Office Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Hello epper5151,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your most recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our food and beverage outlets in addition to our rooms. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Princeton area.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

I was in this hotel for less than 12 hours - arriving late at night and checking out the next morning. But I was impressed. The hotel feels new & contemporary. I felt like a valued guest at check in. The room was very spacious, modern & comfortable. The bathroom had all required amenities. I ordered room service for breakfast (as I always do) and it was lovely (a granola parfait)... but on my way out of the room to the elevators - I saw a little kitchen with coffee facilities and bagels etc which I would probably partake in next time. It's not in the heart of Princeton - but there's not many high end, large room, high service hotels in the heart of Princeton - and this is a good option. Especially since it's also in a little shopping village just in case you have time to shop!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Hello aussiein,

Thank you so much for your very kind words regarding your stay with us. I completely agree that first impressions are very important, and I'm delighted that we were able to make such a positive one during your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the Princeton area.

Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

If you must stay in Princeton stay here. Nice property, good location, easy access to many local restaurants etc. However, bring the mosquito repellent and beware that some of the rooms smell of mold. Hopefully this will be quickly remediated!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
FOM_Westin_Princeton, Front Office Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Hello NPB_TallGirl,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay with us. I am very glad to hear that you enjoy our property and location, but beyond that, I am delighted to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations. That said, I'm terribly sorry about the odor of mold and the presence of any mosquitoes. We do aggresively treat any mold and pests that may pop up in the hotel.

Again, thank you for your kind words and feedback. We look forward to servng you again the next time you are in Princeton.

Lawrenceville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Stayed here for 1 night as I was relocating from Princeton, NJ up to Cambridge, MA.

Chose this hotel because they allowed our dog and its vicinity to good dining options. Hyatt Place was the only other hotel I had considered. Honestly, I somewhat surprised this place is only ranked 7th in Princeton. The fact that a Hampton Inn and a Double Tree are the #1 and #2 hotels makes me wonder. . .

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Princetonwestin, General Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Hello VLucius58,
Thank you for posting such nice comments. We love dogs and are glad you were able to enjoy your night without having to be seperated from your canine companion. I think we should be ranked higher than the limited service hotels too. Not sure why that is but we'll keep working hard to get to #1. Good luck in Cambridge. Westin has some great hotels in the Boston area. Please think of us when you return to the area.
Marc Fournier

Been to The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village? Share your experiences!