“Great stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
New Jersey
“Great stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We needed an inexpensive hotel in the Princeton area and were fortunate to book The Holiday Inn through Tavelocity's mystery hotel booking service for $62 + tax. When we arrived the front desk staff were welcoming and the room was very comfortable. One of the better rooms we've had in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Nader S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Princeton, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review about the Hotel and the Front Desk Staff. We try and make each and every guest feel like this is their home away from home. Reading a review like that makes us even more motivated to push further and harder. Again, thank you so much for the wonderful review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Clifton Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We recently stayed with our college team and had a great experience. The staff was very friendly and accommodating throughout our stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The appearance of the hotel was nice and up kept well. We have no complaints and look forward to staying there again in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nader S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Princeton, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! We trully would like to thank you and hope to see you again in the near future shoudl your travels bring you to the Princeton area once again. Again, thank you and I will surely share this with the entire staff
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

The hotel walls are paper thin. It was noisy all night and I could not sleep. I was there with my daughter's sports team and we had to leave by 7 a.m. the next morning. The hotel noted that the breakfast area would be open by 6:30 instead of the normal 7 a.m. to accommodate us. The wait staff gave us a hard time and was obnoxious about serving us early. The food was awful. I checked out at 7 a.m. and handed the keys to the front desk clerk and told him what room we were in. The next ay the hotel called me at home to ask me if I was still in the hotel. They charged me for an extra night plus an additional $175. I called to complain and management told me the charges would be corrected. Instead of crediting my card they kept on trying to charge more. My bank's fraud department called and I had to cancel my card to stop the continuing charges. Eventually the billing issues were corrected but it took a few days and many phone calls. The hotel GM and Comptroller seemed disinterested. I thought a full refund was in order. The GM told me he would give me a 10% discount the next time I stayed in the hotel as if I would ever go back to that dump.

Room Tip: don't stay at that hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Nader S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Princeton, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with the look and feel of your guest room and the quality and convenience of our dining options. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we work to improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.
Abingdon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I have stayed here a number of times on my visits to Princeton, NJ. The rooms are big. The breakfast is good. Good location. Good staff. I would recommend asking for a room facing the front of the hotel to reduce noise from the highway.

Room Tip: I would recommend asking for a room facing the front of the hotel to reduce noise from the highway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Nader S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Princeton, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review about our hotel. We look forward to serving you always should your travels bring you into the Princeton area. Again, thank you so much for the wonderful words and high marks that you have provided for us.
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Skyler, Mark, Sharmin, Todd, and Ryan all provide excellent service. They are willing to assist with all your hotel needs and act in very personal and professional manner. Sharnin went out of her way to get me the room I desired immediately after Hurricane Sandy. Skyler is always cheerful in the morning. Todd and Ryan are always personable and accomodating when I am in the bar/restaurant area. Ryan is always willing to provide assistance.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about our staff and the hotel. From our family to yours, we trully appreciate all guest feed back and we try to make sure we can accomadate each and every guest to the best of our ability. Again, thank you so much for the wonderful words and hope that you choose us again should your travels bring you in the Princeton area.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

i was traveling from out of town. everyone at the front desk went out of thier way to assure my comfort. Sharmin was very knowledgable of the services provided and the surrounding areas. I increased my time of stay from one night to two nights due to her hospitality.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the wonderful review about our hotel. Sharmin and the entire front desk staff take great pride in their work and truly appreciate a comment like that. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Easton, Mton, Massachusetts, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I coordinated a group of 25 cheerleaders and their parents' stay at the Princeton Holiday Inn Express. Our group needed close to 25 rooms for our overnight trip. We had gotten bumped from a nearby hotel due to Hurricane Sandy on relatively short notice. Sherna and the staff were super efficient in getting us set up at the last minute and even matched the rate of the other hotel. It was a great experience all the way around. They accommodated our group and even opened the breakfast buffet earlier than usual to allow us to eat before our early departure. Great location, great staff, very clean, great beds and wonderful room!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room - they are super big!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sherna and I would like to take this moment to thank you for your review and we look forward to having you stay with us once again should your travels bring you in the Princeton area again. Again, thank you so much for the review and if you have any questions please dont hesitate to contact us directly.

Been to Holiday Inn Princeton? Share your experiences!