“Very good value, clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Abingdon, United Kingdom
“Very good value, clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I have stayed here a number of times on my visits to Princeton, NJ. The rooms are big. The breakfast is good. Good location. Good staff. I would recommend asking for a room facing the front of the hotel to reduce noise from the highway.

Room Tip: I would recommend asking for a room facing the front of the hotel to reduce noise from the highway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Nader S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Princeton, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review about our hotel. We look forward to serving you always should your travels bring you into the Princeton area. Again, thank you so much for the wonderful words and high marks that you have provided for us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Skyler, Mark, Sharmin, Todd, and Ryan all provide excellent service. They are willing to assist with all your hotel needs and act in very personal and professional manner. Sharnin went out of her way to get me the room I desired immediately after Hurricane Sandy. Skyler is always cheerful in the morning. Todd and Ryan are always personable and accomodating when I am in the bar/restaurant area. Ryan is always willing to provide assistance.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about our staff and the hotel. From our family to yours, we trully appreciate all guest feed back and we try to make sure we can accomadate each and every guest to the best of our ability. Again, thank you so much for the wonderful words and hope that you choose us again should your travels bring you in the Princeton area.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

i was traveling from out of town. everyone at the front desk went out of thier way to assure my comfort. Sharmin was very knowledgable of the services provided and the surrounding areas. I increased my time of stay from one night to two nights due to her hospitality.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nader S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Princeton, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review about our hotel. Sharmin and the entire front desk staff take great pride in their work and truly appreciate a comment like that. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Easton, Mton, Massachusetts, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I coordinated a group of 25 cheerleaders and their parents' stay at the Princeton Holiday Inn Express. Our group needed close to 25 rooms for our overnight trip. We had gotten bumped from a nearby hotel due to Hurricane Sandy on relatively short notice. Sherna and the staff were super efficient in getting us set up at the last minute and even matched the rate of the other hotel. It was a great experience all the way around. They accommodated our group and even opened the breakfast buffet earlier than usual to allow us to eat before our early departure. Great location, great staff, very clean, great beds and wonderful room!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room - they are super big!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sherna and I would like to take this moment to thank you for your review and we look forward to having you stay with us once again should your travels bring you in the Princeton area again. Again, thank you so much for the review and if you have any questions please dont hesitate to contact us directly.
Exeter, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Came from out of town and expected a more chaotic setting, given the current situation from the storm and it's fall out in the NJ area, I was extremely happy with my stay at your hotel. I am writing to specifically appreciate one of the staff members, Margaret Carpe. She was amazing and really gave me exceptional service that prompted me to write on this site, which is not really my style.

Thank you Margaret! Great job, you are an asset to your team!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
From our family to yours, thank you so much for the wonderful comment about Margaret. She and the entire staff trully feel honored to have provided you with exceptional service and we hope we can continue to provide that level of service for you and each one of our guests. Again, thank you for your kind words and we looking forward to having you stay again.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I booked a7 night stay here based on the proximity to his parent's place and the reasonable rates and decent reviews. We could not have been more disappointed and ended up leaving and going across to street to The Double Tree after only 1 night.

When we arrived in our first room (yes first) I was a little worried because things in the hallway appeared dirty with food wrappers, sunflower seeds, dirt etc everywhere- the actual room was very tired looking and the furniture in poor condition.

I work with low income families and in nursing homes, and live in a large city-and have had too many close calls with bed bugs that I have become a bit neurotic so I always check hotel beds for bed bugs- when I was doing this it came to my attention that the bed skirt on the bed was filthy with spots of what I will politely call a "sticky substance". I understand housekeeping does not clean this on the reg- but it was gross so my husband called down to ask is housekeeping could please take care of this- we were politely told that there was no one on staff available to do this anymore tonight so they would just change our room. We happily agreed... Until we got tithe next room.

If we thought the last room was tired, this one should have just been put out of it's misery- it had a connecting door to the adjecent room which when my husband accidentally bumped the door handle it feel off the door. The wallpaper was falling off the walls, and there was only one room light/lamp- but we where still able to see that there were bugs all over the curtains. I freaked out at the bugs and again called the front desk- which I was politely informed that they were stink bugs and completely "harmless" the manager on duty came upstairs with a Wikipedia printout to " reassure" us. I quickly informed him I'm delighted they are harmless however, I like most people do not like the idea of bugs crawling on me in my sleep. He then informed us our only option due to occupancy was to return to the "Spunky" Room- which we decided was better than bug city.

The manager reassured us that the bed skirt would be taken care of and we were planning on staying until the next morning when we showered..The drain in the shower was so clogged up that the water started overflowing into the bathroom and whatever hair was last in there started floating around in the swampy mess... When my husband and I tried to address this with the manager nicely at the front desk he just looked at us defeated like it was a usual occurance and said he'd try to see what he could do. That was it we decided to leave right away, not worth $190 a night!!!

• Stayed November 2012
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The Holiday Inn is a nice, clean and comfortable place to stay.
I appreciated particularly that Sharmin, a member of the staff, changed my reservation to a cheaper tariff of which I had not even known!
I would recommend staying at this hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for the wonderful review that you have provided us. Sharmin and I would like to personally thank you as your kind words have put a smile on our face. We take each and every review to heart and into considerations to try and make sure we provide 100% service for all of our guests. Thank you again, and have a wonderful day.

Been to Holiday Inn Princeton? Share your experiences!