“Fresh fish plays second fiddle to the decor!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Big Fish Seafood Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 175 Restaurants in Princeton
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Meadow Rd (MarketFair Mall)
Jersey Shore, New Jersey
“Fresh fish plays second fiddle to the decor!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I always wanted to try this place, but the huge construction area in the parking lot always prevented me from even attempting to go near Big Fish. Finally, the construction subsided and I decided to give Big Fish a try for lunch.

The first thing that jumps out at you when you go inside is--everything! It is sensory overload for your eyeballs, but eventually you will get used to it and might even appreciate thier efforts in desgin.

I enjoyed the service. It was attentive, but not overbearing.

We had the calamari for an appetizer and it was pretty decent. It was cooked correctly and tasted fresh. Not too greasy and crisp.

I had the fish and chips for my lunch and thought it was good. It was not over fried and again, the fish had a fresh taste to it.

There were a lot of options on the lunch menu, so I would like to go back and try something else.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Tasty options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

After moving back to the area its been years since I've eaten here so it was a pleasant surprise. The menu had tasty options to meet my gluten allergy and nice size portions too. Service was a little weird for a relatively slow night so I don't know if that was typical. The manager was great though. The prices were a little higher than I expected and compared to Bonefish Grill so they'll need to step up their game with a new Bonefish Grill open just down the road now. Next time we'll try eating out on the patio although it overlooks the parked cars & could use some plants to distract the view.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Princeton, New Jersey
“Worthy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

our visit over the July 4th weekend went smoothly. No lines !! We were seated by the cordial owner and ordered recommended cocktails. The watermelon martini was very refreshing but light on the Vodka. We shared the calamari appetizer which was tender and enjoyable. The bacon wrapped scallops were large, tender and juicy. Each of us enjoyed our entree. A pleasant dining experience with very fresh seafood indeed.

Visited July 2014
Cliffside Park, New Jersey
“Good concept bad execution”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Hello
I recently visited the Big Fish Seafood Grill in Princeton and I liked the restaurant decor and the staff were very good and nice when greeting guest, in fact they were the best part of the visit.

I ordered my food and to my surprise it arrived late and was not cooked thoroughly even though I ordered it cooked well, my 2nd dish just didn't taste nearly as good as I've had at two other Landry corporation restaurants within the past two weeks which were excellent.

I didn't finish my food and left not satisfied and couldn't believe how different the food selections chosen were from the other restaurant.

I believe the chef must have had a bad day because the staff was excellent.

JA.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Great Seafood- Good price/value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

This is part of the Landry restaurant chain. It has a nice relaxed setting, which is great for conversation. Service was also more relaxed and does not even try to give the impression of a high priced restaurant.
The price to value ratio was excellent.
So if you are looking for good seafood, at reasonable cost in a relaxed setting this is the place for you.

Visited July 2014