“Poor Experience” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
California
“Poor Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here at least 5 times over the past 3-4 years and it's generally been fine. But like having one bad meal at a decent restaurant, we will probably never return. On short notice we booked a room for one night. Upon arrival, we realized we had been placed on the 4th floor-the smoking floor despite requesting non-smoking. We're non-smokers, but not militant about it. Mistakes happen, so we tried to get the room changed, as it was disgusting. What surprised us was the "tough luck" New Jersey attitude. Basically, "you requested a smoking room, we're full, too bad." This experience went against prior experiences at this hotel, but I'll never return.

Room Tip: The 4th floor is smoking and the smell permeates the hotel. Stay off the 4th floor unless you smoke
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I went with my family in total 11 of us and really enjoy to be in this hotel.
the staff is very friendly and the food is great specialy the breakfast.and also the person in charge of the pool he is very polite thank you.

• Stayed September 2013
Kittanning, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed here for one night when we took our son to college. The suite was on the small side, but very nicely appointed and spotless. Everything seemed to work as it was supposed to. The bed was comfy but a little on the soft side. Our son slept on the sleeper sofa, and said it wasn't bad as sleeper sofas go. We didn't hear any noise in the bedroom, but our son heard some as he only had one door between him and the hallway. The breakfast was plentiful, varied, tasty and very well stocked. I was disappointed I didn't get to use the pool as it closed at 10. It looked clean but rather small and there is also a hot tub. There is also a lovely area outside with tables and chairs and a basketball court. I would definitely stay here again as long as I can get a reasonable price.

Room Tip: This hotel is absolutely huge with a rather confusing layout. If you get easily lost, you might wan...
Middletown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The Homewood Suites in Princeton, NJ is absolutely great! Very clean, the staff is great and the breakfast is awesome. Take advantage of the pool and hot tub! I highly recommend this hotel. You will not be disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have been at this hotel for 4 days now and I have been so impressed I am writing an early review. Cleanliness of a hotel is one thing most people look for and this hotel is spotless. I suppose everything I will say has been repeated in several reviews and I am really glad we chose this hotel for our extended stay.

The staff are extremely friendly and accommodating and always willing to help. It is nice to find staff in a hotel who at least pretend to like where they work.

The breakfast is very good and to have the additional benefit of dinner 4 nights a week and they will even do a "Rain Check" if you are going to be late is very impressive. I actually believe they deserve more than the 3 stars that they have.

The hotel has an indoor pool and a more than adequate gym, the only food outlet within walking distance is a Ruby Tuesdays which is maybe 100 meters away in the same complex.

Our studio room has what might be considered to be a full size fridge/freezer, a 2 hotplate stove, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, cutlery etc. the only thing that can be considered missing for an extended stay is an oven.

This is the first Homewood Suites I have stayed in, I am normally a fan of the Hyatt chain for short stays but for an extended stay I think this is a much better choice.

Kudos to the staff and management for maintaining such an excellent hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Boucherville, Québec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Great for families. Watch the tv channel for the hotel. I discovered that for the dinner offered from Monday to Thursday (5pm to 7pm), a "rain check" was available. So, if you're out all day, if you handed in your rain check before 3 pm, you will come back to your room with food waiting for you. Staff was also very helpful with advice on local attractions, maps and directions to these destinations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

washington D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Family has been here for a while and I visited for one week. Am writing this review from my room. The entire hotel is spotless-amongst the cleanest hotels that I have seen. The people throughout the hotel have been great and always very helpful. Of note, the director of sales, Young Song is extremely professional and helpful; Mrs. Hoda in the kitchen is wonderful as is Gina-thank you! The hotel offers a wonderful and free breakfast, as well as frequent dinners, which have been terrific. Basically, the hotel offers perfect service-thanks again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites Princeton? Share your experiences!