“Room smelled of cigarets. Very disappointed with Hilton on this one.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3819 U.S. 1 South, Princeton, NJ 08540   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Room smelled of cigarets. Very disappointed with Hilton on this one.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Very disappointed with the smoked in smell of the room. I was traveling for business and I was too tired to go through the trouble of trying to find another room. Next time I will look for another option.

Room Tip: Choose a different option.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Zeal2122
Mary Ann K, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Zeal2122,
I am sorry to hear that your recent stay was a disappointment. We strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and when we do not we want to make sure that does not happen in the future. I hope that will try the Homewood Suites again as we want you to see the true spirit of the Homewood Suites Princeton.

Mount Vernon, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Never felt rushed by staff. Was looking for a quick getaway. We enjoyed and will be returning. As soon as we get more time off. The comp. breakfast really made our day, and had l a wide selections to choose from.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
nh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

the coffee in the dining area was cold in the afternoon and in the morning.,the pool does not open untill 9am.the suite was a good size and the beds are comfortable.there is a restaurant in the parking lot.it is convenient
to princeton univercity.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Mary Ann K, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Jogger33,

Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Princeton. I happy to see you were happy with the locality of our property. We will continue to improve our service and I thank you for bringing your coffee experience as will reiterate with the staff of the importance of the complimentary coffee is to our guests.
Catawissa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My daughter goes to Rider University and as it is several hours from our home we often stay overnight when visiting. This is the 6th hotel we have tried and the best so far. You get quite a bang for your buck. Our room had two queen beds with very good pillows (this is important to me as I usually end up bringing my own) and a TV. It has a separate living room with a TV and a full kitchen with a table, full size fridge, microwave, sink, dishwasher and plates cups silverware. The bathroom area had a sink outside so two people could get ready at a time.
The only thing it lacked was extra mirrors for people to use to get ready. It could have also used a little more dresser space. The complimentary breakfast even included several hot foods. While it was not 5 star food it was more than acceptable and better yet; included. . The staff was friendly throughout our stay. We are returning in two weeks and have already booked our room

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stay in the Princeton area a couple of times a month and have tried most of the hotels up and down Rt 1. The good reviews were promising. But I reserved a non smoking room, which the clerk repeated when I checked in, but the first room completely reeked of smoke. They gave me a second room on the opposite side of the hotel, and this room also reeked of smoke, not quite as bad ad the first. I called down again, but was informed they had no more rooms. I was awoke by the alarm too early - the alarm of the people in the next room, that sounded like it was going off on my own night table. Followed by me listening to their conversation about breakfast through the wall as they lay in bed. The Hampton next door is so much better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank frackit
Dear frackit,
Thank you for your review, I am sorry to hear of the bad experience that had while staying with us. We strive to make everyone’s stay exceptional. We make an effort to ensure that our guest are comfortable and that includes making sure that the room has a fresh, clean smell during the stay. In your review you also commented that you could hear the room next store and I do apologize for that as well; as that affected your experience. We would love to have you try the Homewood Suites Princeton again so we can show you our true Homewood spirit.
Jupiter, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The good- clean room, good location

The bad- coffee creamers in the room were opened
Pull out bed was extremely uncomfortable. My daughter wound up sleeping on the cushions of the couch on the floor.
Room was too far away to enjoy convenience of on-site dining.

Asked for someone to bring up more pillows and to help us make up the sofabed when we arrived and no one ever showed up.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear jenngreco,

Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Princeton. I happy to see you were happy with the locality of our property. We will continue to improve our service and I thank you for bringing your experiences to our attention. We strive to make sure that every guest is comfortable and has a sense of Home. I apologize if your room was far away from our Lodge and we do try to make sure that we can place every guest into a location that will make them happy.
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Once again I stayed at the Homewood Suites Princeton and as always I can't say enough to praise the staff and service. I rely on the free hotel shuttle each day and it makes my stay so much easier. Equally wonderful is the free dinner Monday through Thursday and the always tasty breakfasts.
As long as I have to travel to Princeton I will stay at Homewood Suites!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo