“Best in the area so far” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 15 hotels in Princeton
Catawissa
“Best in the area so far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My daughter goes to Rider University and as it is several hours from our home we often stay overnight when visiting. This is the 6th hotel we have tried and the best so far. You get quite a bang for your buck. Our room had two queen beds with very good pillows (this is important to me as I usually end up bringing my own) and a TV. It has a separate living room with a TV and a full kitchen with a table, full size fridge, microwave, sink, dishwasher and plates cups silverware. The bathroom area had a sink outside so two people could get ready at a time.
The only thing it lacked was extra mirrors for people to use to get ready. It could have also used a little more dresser space. The complimentary breakfast even included several hot foods. While it was not 5 star food it was more than acceptable and better yet; included. . The staff was friendly throughout our stay. We are returning in two weeks and have already booked our room

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stay in the Princeton area a couple of times a month and have tried most of the hotels up and down Rt 1. The good reviews were promising. But I reserved a non smoking room, which the clerk repeated when I checked in, but the first room completely reeked of smoke. They gave me a second room on the opposite side of the hotel, and this room also reeked of smoke, not quite as bad ad the first. I called down again, but was informed they had no more rooms. I was awoke by the alarm too early - the alarm of the people in the next room, that sounded like it was going off on my own night table. Followed by me listening to their conversation about breakfast through the wall as they lay in bed. The Hampton next door is so much better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mary Ann K, General Manager at Homewood Suites Princeton, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear frackit,
Thank you for your review, I am sorry to hear of the bad experience that had while staying with us. We strive to make everyone’s stay exceptional. We make an effort to ensure that our guest are comfortable and that includes making sure that the room has a fresh, clean smell during the stay. In your review you also commented that you could hear the room next store and I do apologize for that as well; as that affected your experience. We would love to have you try the Homewood Suites Princeton again so we can show you our true Homewood spirit.
Jupiter, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The good- clean room, good location

The bad- coffee creamers in the room were opened
Pull out bed was extremely uncomfortable. My daughter wound up sleeping on the cushions of the couch on the floor.
Room was too far away to enjoy convenience of on-site dining.

Asked for someone to bring up more pillows and to help us make up the sofabed when we arrived and no one ever showed up.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mary Ann K, General Manager at Homewood Suites Princeton, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear jenngreco,

Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Princeton. I happy to see you were happy with the locality of our property. We will continue to improve our service and I thank you for bringing your experiences to our attention. We strive to make sure that every guest is comfortable and has a sense of Home. I apologize if your room was far away from our Lodge and we do try to make sure that we can place every guest into a location that will make them happy.
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Once again I stayed at the Homewood Suites Princeton and as always I can't say enough to praise the staff and service. I rely on the free hotel shuttle each day and it makes my stay so much easier. Equally wonderful is the free dinner Monday through Thursday and the always tasty breakfasts.
As long as I have to travel to Princeton I will stay at Homewood Suites!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
NY, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have to go to Princeton once a month and I think I've found the best place for me. Comfortable beds. The facility is large so you didn't feel on top of other people. Easy check in and out. The rooms were nice sized with very workable, well equipped kitchens. For example we bought dinner at Whole Foods just down the way and brought it home and heated it up on the stove. A nice choice rather than a restaurant. The staff was helpful and low key. The breakfast area was very large, very well maintained, and offered a good selection. Also the attendant's name is on a chalkboard and both mornings he was very attentive. I would book here again anytime.

Room Tip: I asked for a room on the back off a route 1 and was taken care of nicely.