I stayed here for a week while on business in NYC. I picked this location for the good rate (less than 1/2 of Manhattan prices), decent tripadvisor reviews, and primarily its proximity and FREE SHUTTLE to and from the Princeton Junction rail station. Made all the difference to be able to stay here in this quite nice area and take the train to/from NY Penn Station. That was a huge bonus - being able to get the hotel shuttle van to/from the train station AND to have it be able to take you pretty much anywhere within a 3 - 5 mile radius (check with the front desk). One evening, had the shuttle take me to Princeton U so I could check out the campus. It's very close and the shuttle drops you off and picks you up right in the heart of the University area. That was great.
The hotel staff - from the front desk to the breakfast/dinner area to the shuttle van drivers - were all very courteous, friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and professional. Very nice since at a hotel like this you typically spend a lot of time at the property. The hotel grounds, common areas, and my room were all very clean and well-kept for the duration of my stay, and the breakfast/dinner area was kept in nice order (although the table cleaning during meal times is pretty much self-policing). Very nice and AMPLE selection of food both in the morning and evening; although choices are limited at dinner, it was always very tasty, well presented and very well stocked. That was really a nice feature, and a huge cost savings as well. I did try the Ruby Tuesday across the parking lot one evening, and was completely underwhelmed - dirty, smelled bad, and food was pricey and not very good. Sorry HS - should have stayed for the pasta night!
There are different sized rooms, mine was plenty big for 1 person, and I liked the separate room area with the couch, chairs, and TV. The couch looked like it was a pull out bed as well although I didn't confirm. It was nice having the sink, refrigerator, and dishwasher as well. My only very small complaint about the room was lack of working space - the desk/table they provided was good for one person eating, but with the lamp, phone, and small table size, it was very difficult to work and be able to have more than just the computer on the table. There was sort of a coffee table/ottoman piece of furniture in front of the couch, but it was low, leather covered, and far enough away from plugs to make it a good working space. Small nit however, didn't really detract too much from my overall stay experience.
Again, I can't stress enough the great logistical quality of this hotel - you are a few miles from the Princeton Junction train station, but if you don't go to/from there during rush hours, it only takes about 7 minutes. Princeton University is about the same - 2 or 3 miles and 7 - 10 minutes ride away. Strongly recommend going here for dinner and walking around one evening if you have the time - great area.
Used the fitness center multiple times - it's nice but very small - 2 treadmills, a stair-stepper, and some of those yoga weights; that was it. Only had to wait once however. It's in the same area as the pool and hot tub, so that's convenient - didn't try either of those however.
I would definitely stay here if in the area (NYC, Philly, or Princeton) again - if the rates are as competitive as they were this time. Adding the train fare (about $15 each way to NY Penn Station) is still worth it from a cost and transportation hassle standpoint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Princeton is conveniently located just 4 miles from Historic Princeton University and the Princeton Battlefield in Princeton, New Jersey. Visit our hotel and enjoy full breakfast each morning, evening dinner & drinks and complimentary high-speed internet access. Whatever the reason for your visit, relax and keep in shape at our fitness center, indoor pool & basketball court. Explore many Princeton area attractions just steps from our centrally located hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Homewood Suites Princeton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Princeton Hotel Princeton
- Homewood Princeton
- Princeton Homewood Suites