“Where the locals go” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #65 of 172 Restaurants in Princeton
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Alchemist & Barrister, one of the prides of Princeton, NJ. Enjoy our excellent selection of beer and cocktails. Our menu features American dishes with a little international flair. Stay for drinks and dinner and enjoy your dining experience at The Alchemist & Barrister.
PHILADELPHIA
“Where the locals go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The A&B has what you're looking for. The bar scene is relaxing and casual, as well as, the dining areas. Good food, good friends, relaxing; what more could you want.

Visited January 2013

New Jersey
“Terrible service, food just ok”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The service here was so slow. It took over an hour and a half for a lunch with no appetizers, when the restaurant was not even crowded. There was no apology or reason given for the delay. Additionally, I ordered the shepard's pie. It tasted like the kitchen mixed a few things in a can of gravy and put some potato on top. There are lots of better choices in Princeton.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Woodbury Heights, New Jersey
“Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I think this place is sort of overrated. I know for some it is a tradition, but the food was nothing special (the sauces tasted sort of canned), and the service was slow and inattentive - maybe if I were one of the blue-haired matrons who lunch there every week I would have gotten better service.

New Brunswick, New Jersey, United States
“Good selection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The selection of beers were good. The beers were averaged price. I believe it was worth. The ambiance is nice and there were a lot of people. It was really crowded when I went. Overall, I would totally go there again.

Visited August 2012
Central New Jersey
“Stumbled upon this excellent Gastro Pub in beautiful downtown Princeton.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Just slightly off the beaten path, and located just prior to our chilled-to-the-bone-teenager could begin whining in earnest, we spotted the menu for this comfort-food haven and took a table off the alleyway.
The atmosphere is cheery ad we passed on sitting in the very busy bar (although it would have been warmer on this cold December night)!
The applies were incredible - battered string beans and shrimp tacos! Yum. Messy but good.
I had the Acorn Squash stuffed with a grain called Amarynth and seasonal veggies. It's incredibly filling and satisfying. Our son skipped the burger and opted for the Chipotle Mac n Cheese. My wife had the Tarragon Chicken Salad which she claims is "Amazing. Best salad ever!" And it must be because she hasn't even offered me a taste.
We may not make it to dessert because we are stuffed. But definitely six thumbs up from Family Guy from NJ and company!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere