“great value” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York
“great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2009

we stayed 3 weeks. Great breakfast. Good dinner options. Big room with full kitchen and dvd player. Free laundry, internet, & newspapers including wall st. journal. You can even get your mailed forwarded there. Nice atmosphere. For the price it is hard to beat. We were very pleased.
Location is convenient to Princeton but on US1 at a busy intersection.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2009

Stayed here for ten days while waiting for my furniture to follow me across country and was very comfortable and made to feel welcome and at home. Staff was wonderful---knew my name from the first time I walked in the door.
Suite was comfortable, if a bit worn and in need of a decor makeover. Kitchen was awesome--even had a dishwasher! Breakfasts were great, but the evening meal three times a week was pretty sad. Chef Boy-ar-dee need not fear the ravioli! Re the food---it's only a short walk to the new "On the Bone" restaurant at the Doubletree and it was great---reasonable prices and excellent food.
I was tickled to discover on check-in that there was a free shuttle, since I do not drive. Three different times while I was there they took me to my requested destination and were back at exactly the time I specified to pick me up, with courteous and friendly service. The maintenance man who was driving even took my shopping bags to my door.
I liked the outside entrance---felt more like living in an apartment than a hotel. Would definitely stay there again. And appreciated the computers available for guest use, since my desk top model was on the moving van.
I had requested a handicapped unit and was dismayed to discover that the bathroom had a tub rather than a shower and that the toilet was not raised as in most handicapped rooms. But when I requested a rubber mat for the tub, the head of housekeeping went out and bought a brand new one for me. Those thoughtful little touches do so much to make a place a winner.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
vinnyg32
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

My wife and I stayed here with our 4 year old daughter for 2 nights for our Sesame Place visit(about 20 minutes away). We were quite impressed with the room. We had 2 bedrooms, living room with a pull out sofa bed, kitchen and 2 bathrooms. Although we didn't spend much time in out room, our stay was quite pleasant. Everything is a little dated looking but very clean, for us it was great overall. Breakfast was included and served every morning. Breakfast was nothing spectacular but good and there was always plenty. With out a doubt we would stay here again. We were comfortable, felt safe and had no complaints.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

This Staybridge is terrible and we will NEVER stay there again. The front desk staff was extremely RUDE, unhelpful, incompetent, and discourteous. Rudest of all at the front desk was this short Asian (perhaps Filipino) woman and a man that may have been Filipino or Mexican. The room we stayed in had not been thoroughly cleaned for quite some time; there was a noticeable build-up of crud around the kitchen faucet as well as the bathroom sink faucet. The kitchen sink was dirty from previous guests and the dishwashing liquid was just about half empty from the previous guests. There was rust around the handles inside the tub. The floor in the bathroom was sticky. The beds and pillows were not comfortable. There was animal feces on the side-walk leading to the rooms that remained for the three days we were there. The scrambled eggs they had on the breakfast buffet tasted like they were day old eggs that had been reheated. This property needs new management and new front desk staff that actually cares about the customers.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

Arrived 10:45 pm - room was unmade from prior guests and despite a non-smoking reservation, the room reeked of smoke. The front desk said there was nothing they could do since the hotel was completely booked. Then they found another room - also smoking with only 1 bed (I had 2 sons with me). They didn't apologize, they didn't care. AWFUL!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

We stayed here 2 nights to attend a college orientation. I have stayed at other, newer Staybridge suites so I expected more. The decor and facilities are generally dated,outside paint peeling, broken shades,etc.-and could use a facelift. Having said that, we had a perfectly nice stay. We originally chose this hotel because they take pets (although we did not bring our dog in the end). All the suites open to outside which is also nice with pets-but if the weather is bad you may have to walk outside to get to the main building. The food: I must say that they somehow do a better than average job with the scrambled eggs- actually tasty. The usual hotel breakfast items-something for everyone. A big bonus- we were there midweek when they have the evening reception- 1st night potato and salad bars (surprising filling); the second night grilled burgers and hot dogs,macaroni salad chips, etc. Free beer, wine, soda. Saved quite a bit that way. Might try another hotel on a weekend. Outdoor pool looked nice.- also had basketball.

Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

Great value for money- sapacious suites

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Princeton? Share your experiences!